Page 87 of 325 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The MCU has been knocking it out of the park with the left-over IP's that no one bought back in the day.
    Depends on which era. Captain Amerca was definitely popular when he came out in the 40s. Same with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, etc. They lost favor in the 90s. But the MCU Avengers are more like Ultimates which sold like gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The Holocaust was Magneto's story.
    Magneto didn't have his powers in the camps in the comics. And after 16 years, Fassbender, not the producers, writers, or directors, finally got them to try for Magneto's Anya/Magda origin and they messed that up too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They lost favor in the 90s. But the MCU Avengers are more like Ultimates which sold like gangbusters.
    The Ultimates was the best the Avengers had ever been. Millar knocked it out of the park. The MCU was wise to use that. But none of them can ever come close to Claremont's X-Men/TAS and Spider-Man in terms of popularity. The MCU has been working with the leftovers, and did better than Fox did with the best IP in the entire superhero genre.

Hollywood likes its men dark and its women light. This is colorist/racist in origins. And Angela was wise to pass on that piss poor role that was in Singer's X1, especially after the role had been hacked down from its original form when Cameron was producing and Bigelow was going to direct[in the mid 90's]. They all did Strange Days instead(great film).
    Malcom X was by Spike Lee and Marshall was by Reginald Hudlin. So I doubt there was a racist motive behind the casting in those films I mentioned and more like the directors just not giving a damn.

Amazing Member

I am happy the X-Men are coming to the MCU and that Disney purchased Fox.

Spectacular Member

So, tell me what Fox meant by literally blowing up the only two black male X-Men to ever make it to screen, two films in a row? And what does it mean to cast Roberto and Cece with actors with no black-African ancestry for these rare Afro-Latinx characters(after literally dismembering Sunspot with no lines in DoFP with a non-mixed actor in the role, after using Riptide with no lines either in First Class)?
    100 percent agree. New Mutants's casting is a disgrace and I really hope the online shitstorm will blow them apart! #NewMutantsSoWhite

But I find these "company conversations" difficult and exhausting. I'm not a Fox or Disney fan and I don't even know what that means. I watch movies and I like some of them by some directors and others I do not. I really love some movies Marvel has done, but others are just dull. Really dull and heartless!

And yes, I love what Fox did with Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, even Jean, and, yes, Mystique. Magneto for me is the best comic book character brought to live.

Magneto didn't have his powers in the camps in the comics. And after 16 years, Fassbender, not the producers, writers, or directors, finally got them to try for Magneto's Anya/Magda origin and they messed that up too.
    Remember when you said marvel could tackle the themes. that will be a no for me. It is not what time he had his powers, it has never about powers, it is about the characters and their story. Having his powers were not a main catalyst of what he experienced in the camps that set the course for his views on mutant taking their place on earth.

We always remember magneto in that camp not his powers. if it was marvel movies, it will be about his powers since marvel movies have no depth to their films.

Usually, I stay away from who gets it right page by page since not one does that, Fox, Marvel, DC. if you want to talk of messed up and clubber fox for the Anya/Magda origin, please also clobber marvel for messing up Ultron, GOTG, The Infinity Gunlet, Whiplash, Spider-Man, Rangarok, Civil War for their origins too.

Malcom X was by Spike Lee and Marshall was by Reginald Hudlin. So I doubt there was a racist motive behind the casting in those films I mentioned and more like the directors just not giving a damn.
    Well good thing this thread isn't about those movies.

I think the Anya/Magda story works fine with what they were going for, which is that Magneto is fated to never have a family. Just like Jean is fated to be Phoenix because time works like a river. Problem was that they didn’t explicitly reestablished what Beast said in DoFP.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-21-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Amazing Member

Remember when you said marvel could tackle the themes. that will be a no for me. It is not what time he had his powers, it has never about powers, it is about the characters and their story. Having his powers were not a main catalyst of what he experienced in the camps that set the course for his views on mutant taking their place on earth.

We always remember magneto in that camp not his powers. if it was marvel movies, it will be about his powers since marvel movies have no depth to their films.

Usually, I stay away from who gets it right page by page since not one does that, Fox, Marvel, DC. if you want to talk of messed up and clubber fox for the Anya/Magda origin, please also clobber marvel for messing up Ultron, GOTG, The Infinity Gunlet, Whiplash, Spider-Man, Rangarok, Civil War for their origins too.
    Will you watch MCU X-Men?

Well good thing this thread isn't about those movies.

Point is black is black in the eyes of Hollywood and that’s pretty much the same with Storm’s casting.

If I cared a fraction as much about those characters as I do the X-Men, I would. But I don't. Even still, I do have problems with their changes to Thanos's motivations, and T'Chaka's history, in particular, but they still managed to make compelling films anyways. Fox stripped so much of the X-Men mythos away in their ignorance, that as an well-read fan, I can not overlook this. I look forward to seeing the MCU tackle these characters from a new perspective, guided by a producer who has an obvious deep love for the Marvel Comics Universe, and even when they make changes, there is still a deep knowledge of the actual canon evident(such as Hulk taking Silver Surfer's place in IW's scene where he crashes into Dr. Strange's Sanctum in warning of the coming threat). Singer and crew couldn't even be bothered to read some comics in two whole decades.

If I cared a fraction as much about those characters as I do the X-Men, I would. But I don't. Even still, I do have problems with their changes to Thanos's motivations, and T'Chaka's history, in particular, but they still managed to make compelling films anyways. Fox stripped so much of the X-Men mythos away in their ignorance, that as an well-read fan, I can not overlook this. I look forward to seeing the MCU tackle these characters from a new perspective, guided by a producer who has an obvious deep love for the Marvel Comics Universe, and even when they make changes, there is still a deep knowledge of the actual canon evident(such as Hulk taking Silver Surfer's place in IW's scene where he crashes into Dr. Strange's Sanctum in warning of the coming threat). Singer and crew couldn't even be bothered to read some comics in two whole decades.
    That’s pretty much what Apocalypse did with the Horsemen arc and Shadow King vs Xavier.

I think the Anya/Magda story works fine with what they were going for, which is that Magneto is fated to never have a family. Just like Jean is fated to be Phoenix because time works like a river. Problem was that they didn’t explicitly reestablished what Beast said in DoFP.
    No, the crux of the Anya/Magda story was that even though he and Magda lived through the camps together, and escaped together, and had a child together, when she saw him unleash his powers avenging their little child(who had no powers), she ran from him in disgust. That broke his heart, and made him turn from humanity. To become Magneto. To think that, even after using him as one of their few central characters, they didn't know this story until Fassbender did his research 16 years after they've already been making these movies, is a travesty. And even when they adapt it finally, completely out of sequence for the character's development, they still screw it up.

And Quicksilver is right there.... Beast's [completely]bs interpretation of quantum mechanics is not some mandate to constantly screw up these characters over and over again.

That’s pretty much what Apocalypse did with the Horsemen arc and Shadow King vs Xavier.
    MCU couldn't use Silver Surfer [legally]. Fox had all the pieces of the puzzle they needed to tell Shadow King's story or Apocalypse's story in the correct fashion. They chose not to(probably out of ignorance, because they never even read the comics).