Page 198 of 325 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The MCU will also have access to the FF rights much sooner than they will the X-Men's.
    Why do you think that?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Because they have to wait five years from the last time that the property was used. For the X-Men, because of New Mutants, that won't be until 2025. Fant4stic came out in 2015, so they'll be able to use F4 content as early as next year.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Anybody else think we might get some X-Men/FF teases next week at SDCC? I know most of the panel will cover the upcoming movies but the studio usually drops some hints for us to run wild with.
    Wouldn`t expect this. DP just bombed.

Because they have to wait five years from the last time that the property was used. For the X-Men, because of New Mutants, that won't be until 2025. Fant4stic came out in 2015, so they'll be able to use F4 content as early as next year.
    They don't have to wait five years, I have seen earliest they would probably use them 2021. That is because they have slate of movies and plan already in place. Once they bought fox they acquired all the deals Fox has in place they should be able to X-men tomorrow if they wanted to do that.

Here is Kevin Fegie quote
    It’ll be a while,” Feige said when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. “It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”
    They should give us a slate announcement and that will create better idea of what is happening. Remember they had plan in place but that didn't stop them from putting in Spiderman movie into the slate. FF is more likely because FF is one thing. Whereas mutants and X-men is actual a franchise the X-men is a Phase in itself you could see something like "Magneto, Wolverine, X-men first Class, Deadpool, Uncanny X-men, New Mutants, Gambit, Uncanny X-men 2, X23, X-force". Put X-men into play isn't a small mission.

The X-men franchise was underutilized at Fox I mean they only used Wolverine, X-men and Deadpool(maybe new mutants) and TV shows Legion and Gifted. Think about Sony is out here trying to make Mobius, Sinister Six, Sable and Black Cat, Kraven, Silk, Nightwatch movies which is far less appealing than what the X-men have around. We should have Gambit, X-23 and Multiple Man movies. We should have Kitty Pryde versus Demon in the mansion movie. We should have Hellfire club tv show. That is just stuff was on Fox slate that they let sit. We should have a New mutants or Gen X or New X-men TV show. You could have X-factor detective agency TV show. In world where Sony is think about a Jackpot movie are we going to pretend that Storm, Cyclops,Kitty Pryde,etc movies aren't options? It is amazing that X-men got back into the hands of Marvel,Xmen is franchise that should make you Billions and you never want to let it go.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-11-2019 at 01:25 AM.

This's not right. Fox has the franchise for X-Men films, but Disney owns Fox and can just move that to Marvel Studios. The only limit there is the time it would take Marvel Studios to write and develop the property, which Feige suggested will be about five years.

Constantin Films have the rights to produce Fantastic Four films. 20th Century Fox only held the distribution rights, so the merger deal does not give Disney control of production rights. However, as Constantin were reliant on their arrangement with Fox to release FF films, Disney could effectively run out their contract by allowing the franchise to lapse (which it automatically will after a number of years with no release). In all likelihood, Disney will either make a new arrangement with, or buy out Constantin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I think Endgame is the worst by a country mile, but I understand that I'm in the minority there. Age of Ultron looks like The Godfather compared to Endgame.

Avengers 1 > Endgame> Age of Ultron> Infinity War

Avengers 1 is the best film. Infinity War is the worst. Endgame is second. Age of Ultron is third. Endgame in the scope of 10 years greatest hits and fan service worked tremendously. As a time travel dystopian film, it falls short in many ways. I think anyone who is seeing Endgame as the worst is looking at it from a time travel dystopian point of view. I don't think that was Marvel's intention.

As for the X-Men and humor subject, the Fox X-Men movies had humor in them, but it never served to undercut the narrative or stakes. I just don't want a Thor: Ragnarok situation, where there's so much of it that it destroys characters (Korg) and undermines the overall narrative. Age of Ultron suffered from the overuse of humor (not nearly as much as Ragnarok), but it was mostly due to the fact that the Whedon-speak got a bit out of control at times (sorry, but Ultron doesn't quip). Thankfully, it didn't get to the point where the narrative was diminished.
    Fox X-Men humor is saved by the movies having so little of it. It is also saved by the movies not been lighthearted. MCU is already lighthearted, when they now over use humor to the extent they do, it diminishing the narrative of the film completely. Shazam is a good example of a lighthearted movie that does not spill humor. Age of Ultron and Ragnarok are good examples of lighthearted movies that spills the humor.

To put it more simply, it's ok to have the occasional joke and lighthearted character, but don't turn every character into a lighthearted quipper or use so much humor that it lessens your narrative
    I can't think of any lighthearted character in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

I can't think of any lighthearted character in X-Men.
    Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Warlock, Boom Boom for start...Rogue, Cannonball, Dazzler, Pixie and Kitty as well.. Rockslide, Guido, Multiple Man, Glob Herman,Goldballs,etc
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-11-2019 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Warlock, Boom Boom for start...Rogue, Cannonball, Dazzler, Pixie and Kitty as well.. Rockslide, Guido, Multiple Man, Glob Herman,Goldballs,etc
    Not one of these characters are lighthearted.

So. It seems there’s a miscommunication. How “lighthearted” is defined or qualified need to be clarified. If not, this is going to get really boring really fast.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So. It seems there’s a miscommunication. How “lighthearted” is defined or qualified need to be clarified. If not, this is going to get really boring really fast.

Living as a mutant is hard enough. It will be out of character to pretend those mutants mentioned are now the new guardians of the galaxy.

Anyone remember Claire Bennet from Heroes? How lighthearted was her character. I see every character on that list as a Claire Bennet.

X-Men is not a lighthearted world.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    There is no miscommunication

Living as a mutant is hard enough. It will be out of character to pretend those mutants mentioned are now the new guardians of the galaxy.

Anyone remember Claire Bennet from Heroes? How lighthearted was her character. I see every character on that list as a Claire Bennet.

X-Men is not a lighthearted world.
    Remember Hiro from Heroes remember how lightheart that characters was? Yeah a bunch of people on the list are that lighthearted. The world tone has nothing to with a character being lighthearted some people make the best of things. The X-men is so not a lighthearted world that they don't find time to play baseball and go to mall .
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-11-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There is no miscommunication

This is marvel comics after Disney bought marvel? I prefer X-Men's Iceman before the Disney buyout.

Seriously? Not even Iceman? The number 1 most light hearted X-men character?

AOSIJAOISJAOISJ. I can't. I'm now convinced that you never read an X-Men comic and has Fox movies as your only source.