Page 200 of 325 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4870
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope the next X-men big villain is Sinister.

steve carrel should be mcu sinister
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This is not Ice Man's full biography. His history is not lighthearted.
    His history is not lighthearted. His character is. The initial question was which X-Men characters were fun and lighthearted, not which stories they went through. MCU Iron Man definetely doesn't have a ~lighthearted~ history. But he was still funny and maked lots of jokes.

And your previous comment was not directed at Iceman's full biography either. It was about a couple of panels. That you said were only like that because Disney bought Marvel. Xelossik postead a panel from before Disney bought Marvel where Bobby was already being quippy. You didn't even have a direct response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So CBR had an article about who could be the next Thanos in the MCU, and it got me thinking about an idea I'd had for the XCU which could work here:

Selene.

While she might require a power boost to be a Thanos-level threat, there's already a story for that in Necrosha, where her entire goal was to become a Goddess. There's nothing to say the MCU version couldn't tweak the story to boost her even further. And since Selene often works from the shadows, her MO would make her ideal as an arc villain acting through proxies before she's fully revealed; perhaps because her powers are weak after a defeat, imprisonment, etc. Finally, because Selene may be the oldest mutant (she's what, at LEAST 10,000 years older than Apocalypse? I know in-universe she was born long before Conan in the Hyborean Age) they could also use her to establish the origin of mutants in the MCU (hell, maybe tweak Sinister's origin so that rather than Apocalypse, he was serving Selene instead).

Another thing that adapting Necrosha to a Thanos-scale event could do would it would give a fun way to bring back some of the heroes and villains who have died already. Imagine Peter coming face-to-face with a revenant Tony Stark.

The question is who would play Selene? They could always go for the in joke of using Kate Beckinsale, but it's kind of a shame they already used Cate Blanchett as Hela.
    She was in Dark Phoenix actually...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Too short for me. Sinister needs to be tall. I know it is an odd choice but Jim Carrey could pull off a great Sinister. He can play creepy and intense very well.

God bless you all, But Sinister is a terrible idea.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Hey I just want someone new. No Magneto. No Mystique. No Sabertooth. Just give me a new villain be it Sinister, Proteus, Nimrod, hell I would even take Mojo at this point.

i want magneto, arcade, and a bunch of hickman OCs

**** the rest of these wackass rogues
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So CBR had an article about who could be the next Thanos in the MCU, and it got me thinking about an idea I'd had for the XCU which could work here:

Selene.

While she might require a power boost to be a Thanos-level threat, there's already a story for that in Necrosha, where her entire goal was to become a Goddess. There's nothing to say the MCU version couldn't tweak the story to boost her even further. And since Selene often works from the shadows, her MO would make her ideal as an arc villain acting through proxies before she's fully revealed; perhaps because her powers are weak after a defeat, imprisonment, etc. Finally, because Selene may be the oldest mutant (she's what, at LEAST 10,000 years older than Apocalypse? I know in-universe she was born long before Conan in the Hyborean Age) they could also use her to establish the origin of mutants in the MCU (hell, maybe tweak Sinister's origin so that rather than Apocalypse, he was serving Selene instead).

Another thing that adapting Necrosha to a Thanos-scale event could do would it would give a fun way to bring back some of the heroes and villains who have died already. Imagine Peter coming face-to-face with a revenant Tony Stark.

The question is who would play Selene? They could always go for the in joke of using Kate Beckinsale, but it's kind of a shame they already used Cate Blanchett as Hela.
    Eva Green for Selene in the MCU? Well Eva Green anyway!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    God bless you all, But Sinister is a terrible idea.
    It is a valid opinion but If it is posible could you explain me why?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is a valid opinion but If it is posible could you explain me why?
    Sure! IMHO “Classic” Sinister is a mastermind super villain, who works in shadows and employs thugs to do a variety of heinous activities. The methodical nature of his character requires several movies to build up, like Thanos.

Secondly, his preoccupation with genetic strands and specifically the Summers line never made any sense, given the power inherent to the Grey, Xavier or even Magneto or Munroe families. In recent times that’s changed, but it still figures prominently in his history.

Third, his origin is all over the place and changes dramatically to suit whoever’s writing him in books. This leaves screenwriters with nothing tangible. Is he a Victorian mad scientist who did a deal with a devil? Does he run an orphanage in middle America? Is he the mysterious Essex? In books he can be all that, but explaining all that does nothing but chew runtime when we really want to watch X-Men be X-Men.

Fourth, his look is overwrought. I can’t imagine it would translate to screen and still convey the right tone of dread and horror.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Eva Green for Selene in the MCU? Well Eva Green anyway!
    Oh ****, I forgot about her. She was actually my pic in a fan casting a couple years ago!

The best thing about Selene is that you can have her be a "Devil In Plain Sight," introducing her innocuously, maybe working under another villain who doesn't realize she's just using them for her own ends. Whereas you knew Thanos was the man behind everything since the first Avengers, you could probably run with Selene playing the lackey while manipulating everyone around her for a couple films,before revealing that SHE is actually the one who's been pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Sure! IMHO “Classic” Sinister is a mastermind super villain, who works in shadows and employs thugs to do a variety of heinous activities. The methodical nature of his character requires several movies to build up, like Thanos.

Secondly, his preoccupation with genetic strands and specifically the Summers line never made any sense, given the power inherent to the Grey, Xavier or even Magneto or Munroe families. In recent times that’s changed, but it still figures prominently in his history.

Third, his origin is all over the place and changes dramatically to suit whoever’s writing him in books. This leaves screenwriters with nothing tangible. Is he a Victorian mad scientist who did a deal with a devil? Does he run an orphanage in middle America? Is he the mysterious Essex? In books he can be all that, but explaining all that does nothing but chew runtime when we really want to watch X-Men be X-Men.

Fourth, his look is overwrought. I can’t imagine it would translate to screen and still convey the right tone of dread and horror.
    You're overthinking it- "Evil scientist that experiments on mutants and himself" is very easy to do.

Double post.