Page 279 of 325 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men were already recast once. There are basically 2 versions of the Fox X-Men. Patrick Stewart was already recasted as Xavier before. Did James McAvoy get huge backslash? No, cause he still portrayed the character well. It's gonna be the same for whoever portrays him on the MCU. Considering it's been almost 15 years since the original trilogy ended, I think everyone has already understood that that's over and done. You're overestimating how much people care about it. Yeah love for Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman got resurged after Logan, but that movie was, in every single way, a goodbye to those versions of those characters. I'm assuming that the general audience understood that?

I don't doubt that Marvel will try to be different from Fox. But they'll do that simply because they want to do a fresh take. Not because they're afraid the public is too attached to the Fox versions. Like how MCU Spidey is completely different and they haven't reused villains or Uncle Ben.

I don't think they can do X-Men without Xavier. You talk about replacing him, but who in the hell can replace him? Without Wolverine, yeah, but I imagine that if they choose not to have him on the first X-Men movie, they'll have him appear on another movie/show and then join the X-Men later on a sequel.
    I honestly think they could given his pervious x-men deaths and or disappearances.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I honestly think they could given his pervious x-men deaths and or disappearances.
    Yeah but I mean they need for Xavier to exist and create the school, the team and everything to begin with. He can die or something later after the X-Men are already an established team.

Of course you can do X-Men without Charles. The question is, would they want to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but I mean they need for Xavier to exist and create the school, the team and everything to begin with. He can die or something later after the X-Men are already an established team.
    That could be a reason to bring back Stewart: Use an aging Xavier to establish the X-Men already exist and mutants have been hiding in plain sight for decades (or some Infinity Stones shenanigans creating a Cosmic Retcon that brings mutants into existence in the "past").

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That could be a reason to bring back Stewart: Use an aging Xavier to establish the X-Men already exist and mutants have been hiding in plain sight for decades (or some Infinity Stones shenanigans creating a Cosmic Retcon that brings mutants into existence in the "past").
    This.

X-Men as an actual shadow organization that has never been overt until Storm, Kurt, and Logan decide to follow the Avengers' example.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Weren't mutants invisible thanks to the siege perilous ? Also Phoenix force shenanigan

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Weren't mutants invisible thanks to the siege perilous ? Also Phoenix force shenanigan
    Easier to have a busy Cerebro neuralyzing folks when a mutant has a flare-up.

BANNED

Best move would be I think to stay away from the more used characters. But that would mean don't use the usual trio from the last movies. They could even get Jean and Scott back and get them more screen time. They did not have that in the last two movies for sure. Or get Rachel if they really want to make something new^^

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Easier to have a busy Cerebro neuralyzing folks when a mutant has a flare-up.
    A slight tweak to Sage's power-up/activate talents to have it work the other way and grant temporary control/shut down a mutant's power until they can get a handle on it themselves (fake it until you make it) could work as well. She's already got a backstory as Xavier's secret agent, so they could fit her in as someone who went around the country/world for Xavier, helping newly awoken mutants to get a grip on their gifts, and at the same time, scrubbing unwanted information from databases, news records, etc. as necessary to keep the larger world in the dark about these mutant appearances cropping up as new teens discover their shiny new upgrades.

At this point people just expect comic book characters to get recast after a few years. It’s just not a big deal. I have seen so many people eagerly antipating the MCU’s take on Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, etc. It would be a huge fan disservice if Disney decided not to use any character Fox used. They can also use character that Fox never used or only used for paltry cameos. It’s not an either or situation. Disney has proven themselves capable of handling lots of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A slight tweak to Sage's power-up/activate talents to have it work the other way and grant temporary control/shut down a mutant's power until they can get a handle on it themselves (fake it until you make it) could work as well. She's already got a backstory as Xavier's secret agent, so they could fit her in as someone who went around the country/world for Xavier, helping newly awoken mutants to get a grip on their gifts, and at the same time, scrubbing unwanted information from databases, news records, etc. as necessary to keep the larger world in the dark about these mutant appearances cropping up as new teens discover their shiny new upgrades.
    Yeah that's another reason I'd start MCU mutants well into their narrative. I'd start with Charles and Magneto being allied with Peggy Carter's mid-80 SHIELD, and THEIR research being the root of human mutant disabling technologies, as well as Sentinel robots.

BANNED

if the rumors, that wana maxisamaap and her pretender ass is responsible or even conected to mutants apearing, I will immediatly become a Hater with a big H of the mcu x-men.
    but if its hinted first at during the eternals it could be great!

I think they are going to sow the seeds for mutants in Eternals. For sure, like 100%. You've got the Celestials, Deviants, and Eternals all in one place, talking about ancient history and the development of humanity. It's their actual comic book origins for mutants. If Feige doesn't slip it in there somehow(the Eternals even fought Apocalypse back in the day), I would be outraged(like I am about my boy Adam Warlock getting his best story stolen from him before he's even been actually introduced, or that Hela wasn't Lady Death somehow and also tied into the whole Thanos thing).

As for Wanda. I mean, look, I've never been that into her in the comics anyways, but all that HoM stuff isn't on her, it's on the writers, and MCU Wanda isn't about any of that. Let them tell their story. I honestly don't care all that much how they bring in the mutants, I just want them given their due onscreen after all this time. If Wanda pops open a multiverse on accident and that somehow results in me getting a new Storm onscreen kicking it with BP and Thor, I'm here for it!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-25-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think they are going to sow the seeds for mutants in Eternals. For sure, like 100%. You've got the Celestials, Deviants, and Eternals all in one place, talking about ancient history and the development of humanity. It's their actual comic book origins for mutants. If Feige doesn't slip it in there somehow(the Eternals even fought Apocalypse back in the day), I would be outraged(like I am about my boy Adam Warlock getting his best story stolen from him before he's even been actually introduced, or that Hela wasn't Lady Death somehow and also tied into the whole Thanos thing).

As for Wanda. I mean, look, I've never been that into her in the comics anyways, but all that HoM stuff isn't on her, it's on the writers, and MCU Wanda isn't about any of that. Let them tell their story. I honestly don't care all that much how they bring in the mutants, I just want them given their due onscreen after all this time. If Wanda pops open a multiverse on accident and that somehow results in me getting a new Storm onscreen kicking it with BP and Thor, I'm here for it!
    Id rather have the "no more mutants" idiot as far as possible from any mutants, in all sources of media, period.
    Their re-introduction shouldnt be forever conected to "miss robot's are people too" over there and her tenth mental breakdown. They can easly tell a their story witout any mutants shoved into it
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-26-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Look, No More Mutants sucked, but I don't hold Wanda as a character responsible. That was Quesada shutting down Morrison's monster by any means necessary. She was just the tool he chose.

It will be interesting to see how they proceed with the introduction of mutants though; it very much is a big question without easy, elegant answers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!