Page 91 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Karen Page's entire introduction in the Netflix Daredevil series was literally based on the first Avengers movie. She worked for a company that was reconstructing New York after the Chitauri "invasion". There were characters talking about it and there were newspaper articles about it. It might not have had the Avengers appearing but to say it wasn't connected to the MCU is ridiculous. Daredevil hasn't appeared in the Avengers for a simple reason. He hasn't been in the sphere to become involved. Avengers: Age of Ultron was primarily set in Sokovia, Captain America: Civil War was set in Europe, and Avengers: Infinity War was set globally but largely outside of America minus the Nick Fury and Maria Hill scene. The last major Avengers event in America was in the first movie and he became Daredevil after that. He hasn't become an Avenger or appeared because they haven't needed him to, and they've been operating globally whilst he's the "Hero of Hell's Kitchen".

Connectivity doesn't have to be everyone appearing, everytime. Netflix franchises have their own place in the MCU, showing the stories that the movies can't.
    The connection to Daredevil is similar to the first 8 episodes of Agents of Shield, perhaps less connected. As for 2018, they are not connected. It is a settled debate by the movies and tv production teams

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-d...ers-in-the-mcu =http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-defenders/54474/marvel-why-well-never-see-the-defenders-in-the-mcu

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/164...ble-future=Why Marvel Movies And TV Shows Won't Crossover In The Foreseeable Future

Marvel Netflix has chosen to ignore the effect left from Infinity War.

https://screenrant.com/luke-cage-sea...nity-war/=Luke Cage Season 2 Entirely Ignores Avengers: Infinity War

The have the same connection as Patrick Stewart's is the father of Legion on FX.

Daredevil is never going to be in MCU movies, neither is Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.

The big bosses uses to say they are connected to get people to watch. it's free advertising that's all. The creative teams are not involved with eachother.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The connection to Daredevil is similar to the first 8 episodes of Agents of Shield, perhaps less connected. As for 2018, they are not connected. It is a settle debate by the movies and tv production teams

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-d...ers-in-the-mcu =http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-defenders/54474/marvel-why-well-never-see-the-defenders-in-the-mcu

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/164...ble-future=Why Marvel Movies And TV Shows Won't Crossover In The Foreseeable Future

Marvel Netflix has chosen to ignore the effect left from Infinity War.

https://screenrant.com/luke-cage-sea...nity-war/=Luke Cage Season 2 Entirely Ignores Avengers: Infinity War

The have the same connection as Patrick Stewart's is the father of Legion on FX.

Daredevil is never going to be in MCU movies, neither is Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.

The big bosses only say so to get people to watch. it's free advertising that's all. The creative teams are not involved with eachother.
    If the Avengers erase the snap in Avengers 4 which is a possibility why would people react to an event they don't know about?

BANNED

Daredevil is not part of the MCU. if he was, why has he not guest starred in their movies? I liked daredevil season 1, this is the only part of marvel that holds up to other comic films not in a cinematic universe.. I said before X2, Spider-Man 2, TDK all taste like fine wines. MCU movies are like sodas.
    If it isn't part of the MCU then how can events from the MCU be referenced in the show?

I'm actually not discussing this with you anymore. You're clearly ignoring arguments and evidence presented to support your own theories and I'm done. As I said before, you're tremendously off topic and there are threads already designated for this conversation. So, unless it's about the X-Men's future on the big screen. I've nothing more to say.

BANNED

Connection =/= crossover. Ya know, kinda like in the comics.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-21-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If it isn't part of the MCU then how can events from the MCU be referenced in the show?
    Free Advertising.

Milking more money from cinematic universe connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If the Avengers erase the snap in Avengers 4 which is a possibility why would people react to an event they don't know about?
    It does not matter, Netflix shows are ignoring the events of Infinity War. Officially confirmed by Luke Cage's production team.

What's your preference for the X-Men's eventual introduction into the MCU? Would people like it to begin with the original five?

I'm simply hoping it's not another rehash of Magneto every movie.

BANNED

... from cinematic universe connections. ...
    Admission to connections, silly, one-sided 'debate' over.

BANNED

See, you're dead right here for a change, but that doesn't mean they are not part of the MCU, which is not just the movies.

Free Advertising.

Milking more money from cinematic universe connections.
    Do you know what a tv show costs to make? Hardly free advertising.

But hey, you're admitting there are connections. Progres!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Pretty much OT now that the threads have been merged, but wanted to stress affirmation in agreement, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to plug:

I so wanted to see Season 2!! Watching this clip makes me realize how much I miss a good series!

What's your preference for the X-Men's eventual introduction into the MCU? Would people like it to begin with the original five?

I want to work on quick pitch but I'm thinking something smaller scale than anything the Avenger movies have dealt with. Just really personal to Mutant/Human relations. If Magnet is in the film, it'd be more of a acknowledgement of his existence, he would be not revealed till later. (Think how Magneto was around in Evolution but not an antagonist until later in the run).

I think a Krakoa based story with a diverse line up would be a good way to go.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I wouldn't start with the Bore5. Or Magneto. The MCU Avengers didn't quite start off with Ant-Man and Wasp, though they did fight Loki as per the original comic. Magneto's been done to death in the Fox films. Notice they skipped Peter's origin in Spider-Man Homecoming. I'd go with an adaptation of Giant Sized X-Men. The ending where they blast the island into space(and the threat need not necessarily be a sentient island but I digress) could be what triggers the SHIELD/UN/Shadow Government to become very suspicious of the mutant threat and commission the Sentinels(real ones, damn it, AI talking robots as tall as buildings that fire laser and pull up trees) for the sequel in the end credit sequence.

For cast, we can have a large group, including the Bore5(+ Polaris and Havok), but they are benched for most of the movie(except Cyke, who actually gets to shape up the team as field leader). But the main team would be Storm(already introduced in BP2), Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine(already introduced somewhere else) and Sunfire(maybe the female version). Make them college-aged, so the Professor X/boarding school set up rings true. And actually use the Danger Room for actual team-building and character development that pays off later in the third act fight. And I want a Harry's Hideaway drinking/party scene(maybe at the end when they get back from the mission).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I really want to see Jean, Cyclops and Storm done well so I wouldn't be opposed to them appearing again.

Also I would like to see Gambit & an accurate portrayal of Rogue in the movie as I think those are too characters who have been massively short changed in the FOX films. I think Wolverine needs to come in later...let other characters have the spotlight for a couple films and then introduce Logan in the 3rd movie.

I think the Purifiers should be the main threat of the first movie. We need to introduce the X-Men primarily to begin with.

The whole "fearing mutants" aspect still plays in a world where the MCU exists. The way I see its, all the other heroes are either genetic experiments gone wrong, Gods or mystical beings.

Mutants are essentially the death of the common man. You are part of an inferior species that is slowly dying out and becoming irrelavent and that is where the resentment comes from; how can you get a job as a labourer when people are now being born with super strength. How can you get a job in engineering when people now posses the power to invent and manufacture anything that comes into their mind. Athletes who trained their whole lives are now put to the bottom of the pecking order by adolescents with super speed and agility.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wouldn't start with the Bore5. Or Magneto. The MCU Avengers didn't quite start off with Ant-Man and Wasp, though they did fight Loki as per the original comic. Magneto's been done to death in the Fox films. Notice they skipped Peter's origin in Spider-Man Homecoming. I'd go with an adaptation of Giant Sized X-Men. The ending where they blast the island into space(and the threat need not necessarily be a sentient island but I digress) could be what triggers the SHIELD/UN/Shadow Government to become very suspicious of the mutant threat and commission the Sentinels(real ones, damn it, AI talking robots as tall as buildings that fire laser and pull up trees) for the sequel in the end credit sequence.

For cast, we can have a large group, including the Bore5(+ Polaris and Havok), but they are benched for most of the movie(except Cyke, who actually gets to shape up the team as field leader). But the main team would be Storm(already introduced in BP2), Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine(already introduced somewhere else) and Sunfire(maybe the female version). Make them college-aged, so the Professor X/boarding school set up rings true. And actually use the Danger Room for actual team-building and character development that pays off later in the third act fight. And I want a Harry's Hideaway drinking/party scene(maybe at the end when they get back from the mission).
    I love the 05 but wouldn't do a film with them maybe a Ultimate X-Men line-up with X23 and build from there. But Wasp was in Avengers early drafts but dropped due to the Ant-Man movie.

I'm a fan of the O5 but I doubt they would start there - unless the story is the film version of Second Genesis, and even then most of the O5 would be cameo level. But, I have no idea what they will do or how they will do it. I just hope they don't try to use the Ultimate Universe versions with Stupidclops, Evil Jean, and Dishonorable Wolverine....because they all sucked.

The biggest advantage the O5 come with is explaining why we haven't even heard of the X-Men or mutants yet (just starting to make themselves known) and even that can be have alternative explanations. I'd expect the films to try and get the Big 5 rather than the O5 (the Big 5 being Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast with the 6th and possibly 7th members being more negotiable).
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-21-2018 at 08:24 AM.