Page 97 of 325 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    4. Cable(or Bishop)- think terminator with mutants
    See, I see a Bishop solo movie that way perhaps, but not Cable. Cable’s solo movie, spinning out of X-Force where we get more revealed about the character, is much more Blade Runner in tone. Or maybe even Blade Runner meets Avatar, in terms of pure aesthetic. His future sees the High Lords of New Canaan as this ruling caste, and yes En Sabah Nur is one of them but I would not make him the focus of the film.

Nathan is of the Clan Askani, sworn enemies of the High Lords and Clan Akkaba, Nur’s fanatical cult followers. So this film would have a setting which is both sleek and futuristic urban, in terms of the world’s mega-cities which are ruled by the High Lords, and also oddly alien in the forested and rural parts of the world where the Clan Askani hide and train, moving around so that the High Lords and their agents, including the dreaded Clan Akkaba, cannot find them. Stryfe would be a big focus and probably the main villain, but his shock troops (transported by Zero) would include characters like Sinsear, who we only met briefly in the comics but who had potential to be a scary villain.

It could be a weird and sprawling epic that is really, really cool and different if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There is plenty of mature content in MCU films you always describe as comedies, like the Guardians films and even Thor: Ragnarok.
    I am not getting into this argument again. MCU Netflix and MCU movies are separate for a good intenion and purpose.

X-Men movies are more alike to MCU Netflix.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-25-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I am not getting into this argument again. MCU Netflix and MCU movies are separate for a good intension and purpose.

Nah. X-Men in tone should be nothing like the Netflix shows. They should definetely not be pure comedy like Guardians or Thor Ragnarok, but they should be something more like the Cap and Avengers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Beside Wolverine & Deadpool, what other X-characters do y’all think can support solo trilogies?
    Speaking as someone who was never a fan of Jackman's portrayal of Logan over the past 17 years, I'm still waiting to see a true Wolverine appearance on the big screen so I don't even acknowledge all that talk about we've already had Wolverine movies.

I am not getting into this argument again. MCU Netflix and MCU movies are separate for a good intension and purpose.

X-Men movies not including deadpool and Logan are for families just like mcu movies. Mcu Netflix is rated mature and for adults.

BANNED

I am not getting into this argument again.
    You have not gotten into this argument before.

Not sure Cyclops is right for a solo film because his adventures/life tends to resolve around the x-men.

But i did dig the cyclops mini a few years back where teen cyclops was hanging out with his space pirate daddy. Lean into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You have not gotten into this argument before.
    Ha. They sure did, I think.

BANNED

What is the obsession with solos? They're called X-MEN. It's ridiculous enough that two thirds of X-books being released right now are solos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not sure Cyclops is right for a solo film because his adventures/life tends to resolve around the x-men.

But i did dig the cyclops mini a few years back where teen cyclops was hanging out with his space pirate daddy. Lean into that.
    If there's a cyclops solo movie it'll probably feature an ensemble cast of his close friends/associates and will end up feeling like an X men movie passing as a solo. Kind of like Captain America 3

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What is the obsession with solos? They're called X-MEN. It's ridiculous enough that two thirds of X-books being released right now are solos.
    Someone asked a question, "Who, besides Wolverine and Deadpool could support a solo trilogy?" Hence, this.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Because it's highly unlikely that Disney will only want to use the X-characters to make X-Men movies so there's a decent chance some of them will end getting their own solo movies. So I was curious about which X-characters (beside the obvious two) could potentially support a trilogy.

Even in the comics I have no idea, why people want solos. Guess im just out of the loop.

BANNED

Solo movies only make sense if there are stories to tell about that character that expands on their role, or who they are, AND it's engaging. Honestly if there's no "life outside the xmen" there's no reason for a solo movie.

And btw you don't have to do much to get a "producer" credit on anything.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah. X-Men in tone should be nothing like the Netflix shows. They should definetely not be pure comedy like Guardians or Thor Ragnarok, but they should be something more like the Cap and Avengers movies.
    I don’t know about never. God Loves, Man Kills is arguably just as brutal as the Netflix shows.