Page 79 of 325 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    oh gosh, O5 movie would be the dumbest idea I could imagine...I really doubt Marvel will make this mistake.
    They made a success out of a talking racoon and a tree who only uses a single phrase. Anyone complaining about the O5 needs to realize that the reason the O5 failed in the 60's was because it was a "phone it in" effort. Better writers later have been able to make good stories from them.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They made a success out of a talking racoon and a tree who only uses a single phrase. Anyone complaining about the O5 needs to realize that the reason the O5 failed in the 60's was because it was a "phone it in" effort. Better writers later have been able to make good stories from them.
    The series that talking racoon and tree came from had better reception than the O5 era. So that’s not exactly a good comparison.

And I highly doubt Kevin Feige, Craig Kyle, and Christopher Yost(I’m sure Kyle & Yost be working on the MCU X-Men) gives a damn about that era. They will likely to do Claremont/Ultimate inspired stuff like they did with Wolverine & The X-Men.

If they went with a more Ultimate approach with the Avengers set-up then best believe they will go with a more Ultimate approach with X-Men set-up over the 60s X-Men that was worse than 60s Avengers.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-20-2018 at 07:06 PM.

BANNED

Furthermore, keeping the better later characters out just because that's how the sixties started is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Eugh. And I can totally see Stark Industries being responsible, too (still surprised they haven't revealed the spider that bit Peter was Stark Tech).
    There it begins, Stark getting shoved in unnecessarily. If there is one marvel character I would like to see stay away from X-Men , it is Tony Stark. I won't be surprised if Marvel's X-Men will have stark industries responsible for the danger room and cerebro instead of Xavier and Beast.

Will Marvel X-men shove Black Panther in it too, to set up the doomed romance he has with Storm just from the first movie? If they go down this route, their movies are going to be in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    that's soooo strange and unbelievable to me. And also very sad. Because as X-Men fans we are lucky. The quality we got for these adaptations is outstanding. Simply really good movies.
    It is not quite unbelievable, it is common to see some have this reaction to X2 and DOFP simply because they are not actually Marvel movies, you are right to say the quality we got from them were outstanding, if they were marvel movies, the quality would have been lower. very dumbed down and have little resemblance to the story from the comics. Maybe a full humour movie, but we all know X2 and DOFP should not be like that giving God Loves, Man Kills and Days Of Future Past.

If there is anything that would probably happen , X2 & DOFP are going to come back to hunt Marvel's X-Men once their movies don't live up to that same quality from what we expect from X-Men movies. Can you imagine, if the marvel movies of 2018 were X-Men movies? would we be saying these are high quality x-men movies?
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Some of you are so paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Some of you are so paranoid.
    Marvel did ride Tony a little bit. Giving him Ultron, Spidey’s suit, and making him this huge figure in his life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Why is it strange? Different strokes.
    Like you, I found DOFP and X2 entertaining. I would even call Logan a very good movie. But I think most of the people dreading this change will end up with crow on their plate. As x-fans we harbor a lot of jealousy and arrogance about our favorite Marvel brand (with good reason, we're the true A-list players. Have been for decades and will be again with the full force of Disney), but it is widely held that the MCU movies are much better. They've made more money, drawn more fans, have better recognition among the audience, and brought forward more characters to the public consciousness.

The Fox movies? People know Mystique, Wolvie, Mags, and the Prof. Everyone else got buried, treated like trash, or forced into movies just for splashy fun appearances. What Fox did to Cyclops and Jean is enough of an indictment. They have done nothing but horribly portray those characters and do a disservice to their place in X-men lore. And they are just the most notable examples of many.

Time for some real fun, real characters, and good story telling. Rejoice x-fans - we're about to get all the video games, cartoons, and recognition our beloved characters (and we) deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Marvel did ride Tony a little bit. Giving him Ultron and Spidey’s suit.
    It's not paranoia, it's a pattern we see in marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    It's not paranoia, it's a pattern we see in marvel movies.
    And making him this huge figure in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    But I think most of the people dreading this change will end up with crow on their plate. As x-fans we harbor a lot of jealousy and arrogance about our favorite Marvel brand (with good reason, we're the true A-list players. Have been for decades and will be again with the full force of Disney), but it is widely held that the MCU movies are much better. They've made more money, drawn more fans, have better recognition among the audience, and brought forward more characters to the public consciousness.

The Fox movies? People know Mystique, Wolvie, Mags, and the Prof. Everyone else got buried, treated like trash, or forced into movies just for splashy fun appearances. What Fox did to Cyclops and Jean is enough of an indictment. They have done nothing but horribly portray those characters and do a disservice to their place in X-men lore. And they are just the most notable examples of many.

Time for some real fun, real characters, and good story telling. Rejoice x-fans - we're about to get all the video games, cartoons, and recognition our beloved characters (and we) deserve!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Fox movies? People know Mystique, Wolvie, Mags, and the Prof. Everyone else got buried, treated like trash, or forced into movies just for splashy fun appearances.
    This is pure confirmation bias. They gave Storm and Nightcrawler their own subplot in X2, had them save the world, and made Storm the leader of the X-Men in X3. Remember?

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-20-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Like you, I found DOFP and X2 entertaining. I would even call Logan a very good movie. But I think most of the people dreading this change will end up with crow on their plate. As x-fans we harbor a lot of jealousy and arrogance about our favorite Marvel brand (with good reason, we're the true A-list players. Have been for decades and will be again with the full force of Disney), !

The full force of Disney means you are getting hype, shallow positive receptions and zero pay off when the dust clears. Disney put all their force to back up their Spiderman and Star Wars movies, Many still came to the conclusion they are not the best Spiderman and Star Wars movies we have seen. I think that is how things we play out for their X-Men.

Video Games would be good but only if it is something like Spiderman 4 that just came out.

I won't bet my life on cartoons, The Marvel cartoons are just bad. The last good cartoon marvel had was Spectacular Spiderman, This is one area, DC goes to bed at night and sleep peacefully.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Marvel did ride Tony a little bit. Giving him Ultron, Spidey’s suit, and making him this huge figure in his life.
    I'll agree with this. I actually cant stand Tony Stark. But the same can be said of Fox riding on the Wolverine train.