Page 83 of 325 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4870

You Foxites can moan as much as you like. You had your movies, time for someone else to have a go. Anyways, the MCU X-Men are happening. What are we thinking in terms of cast and story?

I think peppering in the mutants into films already coming down the hatch will be a good way to proceed before bringing them all together for a tentpole X-Men film a few more years down the road.

I would love to see Namor's Atlantis rise against T'Challa's Wakanda in BP2, with young Ororo in a featured role(with tie ins from her ancient Sorceress Supreme ancestor and Bast and the rest of her pantheon pulling the two nations together). Rogue in Captain Marvel 2 writes itself; with the Skrull and Kree on the table, might as well bring in the Shi'Ar and highlight Scott and Alex's origin. Bobby Drake and or Kitty could be in a Spider-Man movie. I guess a lot of this will depend on where Avengers 4 leaves things, and also this supposed Eternals movie(which can easily take the GotG spot since honestly those characters are pretty much done after Thanos is taken care of anyways). That would be a great way to introduce the concept of the X-Gene being implanted on earth by the Celestials though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I am not in a vast minority, many who know about xmen have said so. As you see, I broke it down on the difference between X-men and marvel movies. To say I am in vast minority makes no sense to me since X2 is just a loose tied movie of god loves, Man kills and DOFP is DOFP. these are among the top 5 comic of Claremont's stories, they are not fun and exciting as MCU movies. they were ground breaking comic stories that redefined what comics are and today still influcne how comic are written.

Movie goers, expect a lot different from xmen movies. movies goes expect xmen movies to challenge their mind set, Be a lot more strip down and reflect what goes in the world especially what is means to be a minority dealing with prejudice an a whole lot of human baggage.movies goes don't expect xmen movies to be just fun and entertaining with zero substance.
    You broke down your opinion. That's all it is. You liked those movies and feel they speak truly to the X-men. I felt they had moments where they certainly did and many other moments that left me scratching my head. I think much more can be done and with much more entertainment and quality and the MCU has demonstrated to me that it can do that.

Time will tell on the reception,but I know what I'd wager on.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I agree with whoever said Jeffrey Wright would make a great Beast. He’s great in Westworld and the Hunger Games movies.

It’s surprising more people don’t suggest a Black actor for Cyclops. Isn’t there an AU where he’s Black?
    I've suggested it. Because acting with your hidden is not easy, so you better get a bigger pool to pick your fish from. And Cyclops' race has absolutely zero effect on his character. They can make him black, half Asian, Hispanic, native American, etc. Does not matter.

My person wants for X-Men films is

A main film with Professor X, Cyclops, Storm (Cameo in Black Panther 2), Beast, Rogue (Cameo in Captain Marvel two where she gets powers), Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, & X-23 (After 17 years of Jackman his Shadow is large and the Character needs time away IMO.). Jean as supporting (Hear me out Jean Fans).

A New X-Men film with Jean as the teacher and characters like Pixie, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Armor, Rockslide, Anole, Gentle, Wolf Cub, Match, Triage, etc.

Psylocke in a Excalibur film with Captain Britain which would be more of a European Avengers with characters like Union Jack, Spitfire, Black Knight.

Last Keep Colossus, Cable, Domino, and X-Force characters separate so Deadpool can do his own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You broke down your opinion. That's all it is. You liked those movies and feel they speak truly to the X-men. I felt they had moments where they certainly did and many other moments that left me scratching my head. I think much more can be done and with much more entertainment and quality and the MCU has demonstrated to me that it can do that.

Time will tell on the reception,but I know what I'd wager on.
    I did break down my opinions usually drawn form X-Men comics. God Loves and Man Kills and DOFP are not fun and exciting as Marvel movies. that is not how the comics were written, DOFP takes place in a dystopian world where survival and genocide are the main deals for mutants.

God loves, man kills was a book about a preacher who spewed bigotry towards mutants he attempted to murder all of them no hold backs for his religious beliefs.

Not entertaining or fun as marvel movies but great to see them in films with X2 and DOFP that raised the bar that comic movies are not just fun and entertaining but are a lot deeper and can reflect real life. the reception for the xmen movies for that alone is what has always made them better than marvel movies with fun and entertaining reception with nothing left in there.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk, I feel like it just still has a lot to do with what people expect from those movies. Even if Storm and Mystique had the same screentime, it could still feel like either Mystique has too much, or Storm doesn't have enough, or both. Because Storm is originally one of the core X-Men and Mystique is, at most, one of their main antagonists. And I think that's completely normal and valid. On maybe a shitty example, when you watch Harry Potter do you think it makes the most sense for Hermione to have the most screentime or Bellatrix?
    Btw, not saying that Halle’s Storm was as big as a character as Jlaw’s Mystique. Just that after the first films in both trilogies both the actresses won Oscars and their characters were then written around that fame. Both X2 and DOFP had them stop Magneto’s plan. Both X3 and Apocalypse had them became leaders. The similarities are obvious.

The difference is Mystique was already a main character in First Class before her actress’s rise in fame. So it’s an already big role that gets bigger.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-20-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Lol it's a meme. Doesn't matter that much what the content is, at this point. It'll sell, regardless. Much like Age of Ultron.
    Sorry that hair-style origins aren't all the rage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Btw, not saying that Halle’s Storm had as big as a character as Jlaw’s Mystique. .
    That is literally the opposite of what you said originally:

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.

If we have to compare STORM to goddamm MYSTIQUE, then we have a serious problem. What kind of bizzaro universe that is?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If we have to compare STORM to goddamm MYSTIQUE, then we have a serious problem. What kind of bizzaro universe that is?
    To back up what I’m saying.

Bryan was also asked whether or not he would be giving Halle Berry more of a role as Storm, now that she'd won the coveted Academy Award for her part in MONSTER'S BALL, and apparently she too had approached him with her golden statuette, placed it before him and jokingly said, "I want more!". Singer seemed heartbroken about this question because he said that it was "extremely difficult" to cover every single character deeply in a movie like this, since it's ultimately more about the ensemble. He did say that she would have more to do in this sequel though.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20030402...2002/con12.htm

I wasn’t making that Oscar stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That is literally the opposite of what you said originally:

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.
    I also mentioned the Oscar win on that page.

It’s only laughable to people with confirmation bias. They admitted they gave her a bigger role in the sequels and more screentime(around Jlaw’s) after she won that Oscar, similar to Jlaw. Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My person wants for X-Men films is

A main film with Professor X, Cyclops, Storm (Cameo in Black Panther 2), Beast, Rogue (Cameo in Captain Marvel two where she gets powers), Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, & X-23 (After 17 years of Jackman his Shadow is large and the Character needs time away IMO.). Jean as supporting (Hear me out Jean Fans).

A New X-Men film with Jean as the teacher and characters like Pixie, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Armor, Rockslide, Anole, Gentle, Wolf Cub, Match, Triage, etc.

Psylocke in a Excalibur film with Captain Britain which would be more of a European Avengers with characters like Union Jack, Spitfire, Black Knight.

Last Keep Colossus, Cable, Domino, and X-Force characters separate so Deadpool can do his own thing.
    Hmm, not sure about Jean as a teacher to the new kids. Or X23 taking Logan's place.

I definitely would love to see an Excalibur branch, though! I think I'd prefer to keep it European mutant-centric, but with aliens and magic and such(it can also take the GotG spot). Brian, Betsy, Meggan(make her ethnically Roma), and Merlyn/Roma(make them black) can face off against Jamie and/or the Fury in Captain Britain:The Sword is Drawn. Capt Britain 2:Excalibur a few years down the road after X-Men3:Mutant Massacre can be the genesis of the real Excalibur team with Nightcrawler, Colossus(honestly I think he's better served with his X-Family than in DP/X-Force), and Kitty. Maybe we can sidestep Rachel's backstory by just focusing in on her as a Mojo-verse refugee, and use the Warwolves and Mojo as villains, or go for Ahab instead. Then Capt Britain 3 can bring in Kylun and Cerise in an outerspace/crosstime caperish free for all.

To back up what I’m saying.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030402...2002/con12.htm

I wasn’t making that Oscar stuff up.
    Your are missing the point.

And Singer hasn't been able to, no scratch that, hasn't even attempted to make these ensemble movies to actually feel like ensemble movies. He had Weapon X sequence in literally every single movie he directed, has Stryker appear in 3/4 of his movies, has Magneto changing sides in 3/4 of his movies, but yeah, he doesn't have time to develop Storm. I wonder why.

Who cares what that child predator thought or thinks. Let's look to the future of the X-Men with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I can guarantee you that Stark will in no way responsible for mutants. And the spider that bit Peter is also in no way related to Stark. Wanna take a bet?

I can place by bet that stark is responsible for danger room and cerebro?

I can place another bet Storm is black panther's wife before she has any leadership role in their movies?

Marvel's X-Men is Spiderman Homecoming rebooted.