Page 166 of 325 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4870
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think(or at least hope) the Eternals movie will lay the foundation for the mutants, just like it does in the comics. The Celestials made the Eternals, the Deviants, and the X-Gene mutants. Thanos is a Deviant-variant Eternal himself(in the comics). The MCU has already shown the Celestials in conjunction with the Infinity Stones in GotG, and in II they made Ego a Celestial and Starlord a half-Celestial. Wanda and Pietro's powers come from from an Infinity Stone. I'm hoping they wrap it all together and make the surge of mutants(upcoming) a result of the Infinity Gauntlet being used on earth activating the X-Gene inserted into proto-humanity by the Celestials eons ago. The Kree-based Inhumans are of a lower echelon/ or at least somewhat peripheral. The main MCU hasn't used the Inhumans at all, so I wouldn't tie them in with this(I have never watched a single episode of AoS, and the films act like they haven't either).
    I like this. It builds on the established mythos and expands it (with some minor retcons along the way)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

2024 isn't that long to wait for the reboot..

X1 - '24
    X2 - '27
    X3 - '30

Not bad
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

X1 - '24
    X2 - '27
    X3 - '30

Not bad
    omg that is like 10 years away I'm going to be ancient lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X1 - '24
    X2 - '27
    X3 - '30

Not bad
    There is also Captain Marvel 2 that could tease someone at the end at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Ugh, yes yes yes, I guess I was considering them a real-life/traditional hand-wavy "supreme being" analog in this case. I regret the poor wording that will now distract from the point.

The main thing is: The X-Gene can't be made in someone's lab in the 1800s, or whatever.

Pretty sure you know what I've been getting at since jump, though.
    You misunderstood, I wasn’t implying that Sinister creates the X gene, he’s discovered it and studying it through experimentation. Have you read his backstory? It’s canon...

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why can't we have nice things.
    I laughed on this... I felt this in my soul..lol

Exactly! Why so long? Really, dang...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That's how I feel too... I'm knocking on 40 ya'll come on with it!
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    lololol they need to come with it....

as for me.. a lady never reveals her age:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

HA! And with Blanche to boot!

I want it all while I'm young... but I have no problem being the 50-something dude squealing over the X-men... when they finally appear... whenever...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think(or at least hope) the Eternals movie will lay the foundation for the mutants, just like it does in the comics. The Celestials made the Eternals, the Deviants, and the X-Gene mutants. Thanos is a Deviant-variant Eternal himself(in the comics). The MCU has already shown the Celestials in conjunction with the Infinity Stones in GotG, and in II they made Ego a Celestial and Starlord a half-Celestial. Wanda and Pietro's powers come from from an Infinity Stone. I'm hoping they wrap it all together and make the surge of mutants(upcoming) a result of the Infinity Gauntlet being used on earth activating the X-Gene inserted into proto-humanity by the Celestials eons ago. The Kree-based Inhumans are of a lower echelon/ or at least somewhat peripheral. The main MCU hasn't used the Inhumans at all, so I wouldn't tie them in with this(I have never watched a single episode of AoS, and the films act like they haven't either).
    I agree completely! The Eternals could be a real good entry point to the concept of mutants. The lore could be that the Celestials offered three "gifts" (in fact experimentations): the Eternals, the Deviants and the X-gene. Since few humans were experimented on there was few mutants and the X-Gene didn't manifest in all descendants, so the mutant population was very low.
    People like Charles Xavier could have gone unnoticed in part because of his telepathy but also because he had so few students. Same for the Hellfire Club with Emma. All these people could already be there and no one knew because they kept a low profile! Magneto might have been dismissed as a urban legend and preparing his plans in his lair.

But what happens when there's a violent and important surge of X-gene activation all over the world? How will the public react when millions teenagers suddenly manifest powers, some beneficial, some destructive? How will the governments react? Xavier and his students will have to act.

I know it looks a little too much like the Inhumans story arc of "Agents of SHIELD" but it would make for a good introduction to the protagonists.

HA! And with Blanche to boot!

I want it all while I'm young... but I have no problem being the 50-something dude squealing over the X-men... when they finally appear... whenever...
    lolol I LOVE THE GGs!!

And me either but I would prefer seeing it before my vision gets any worse lol. hopefully feige is trying to prevent from revealing spoilers

Sounds like a good idea; plenty of time to hash out how they want to do everything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

X1 - '24
    X2 - '27
    X3 - '30

Not bad
    Yeah, but how much time before they are finished with the X-gatekeepers and move on to interesting characters?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well they'll probably want to have as much time between X-MEN I & Dark Phoenix. That's why I didn't want DP to release in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    There is also Captain Marvel 2 that could tease someone at the end at least...
    Well it's now time to shift focus on where will individual mutants appear first. Since it probably won't be in X-MEN I.

I think they ease the waiting time with new cartoon video game and better comics before X-MEN I.

I also think Wolverine I will be a movie before X-MEN I. Maybe 2023?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Yeah, but how much time before they are finished with the X-gatekeepers and move on to interesting characters?
    I think the movies will be a mix of older and younger characters. That way the diverse newer mutants can get some screen time instead.