Page 193 of 325 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Never understood why people like this redesign. They all are boring for me.
    I agree. I love Alex Ross's rendering abilities, but he's never impressed me all that much as a designer. Maybe his Kingdom Come designs were cool, but not these X-Men looks.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Just use those of Ultimate X-Men, then.
    I would be ok with them using some of the Ultimate X-Men designs. Cyclops, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Colossus all looked great. Most of the X-Women though looked dumb with all the half shirts so new looks there would be needed. The Ultimate Wolverine look was never a big favorite of mine either.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Never understood why people like this redesign. They all are boring for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. I love Alex Ross's rendering abilities, but he's never impressed me all that much as a designer. Maybe his Kingdom Come designs were cool, but not these X-Men looks.
    I like the simplicity, uniformity, and small but dramatic ways to establish individuality. The X-Men have a lot more in common with Black Widow than the rest of the Avengers, so I'd like to see HER suit(s) retro-engineered to create X-Men costumes.

The Alex Ross X-men suits are specifically designed to facilitate the visual language of the drawing and make life easier for the colorists. They do not make sense for an adaptation.

Amazing Member

How should the humor be in MCU X-Men, because the X-Men tend to be more mature than other Marvel properties. How different should it be from other MCU movies, because I read that Forced Humor can come out of the MCU movies, but hopefully it can be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Alex Ross X-men suits are specifically designed to facilitate the visual language of the drawing and make life easier for the colorists. They do not make sense for an adaptation.
    Well sure, if all you read and remember is the flat black design intention. The simplicity, uniformity, and small ways to express individuality still work as a start point for adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Just use those of Ultimate X-Men, then.
    I think those would be the best on screen uniforms. You could make some tweaks here and there, like another poster mentioned I don't think any of the X-Ladies should be running around in mini skirts. The suits from Ultimate X-Men are the closest thing to real life costumes I can imagine. You could always use Morrison's and Quitely's designs but those are basically street clothes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Seen Spider-Man Far From Home’s mid-credit scene? I think we might see some X-Men actors reprise their role in the MCU. Looks like Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan were serious about asking Hugh Jackman to return as Wolverine.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-02-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Seen Spider-Man Far From Home’s mid-credit scene? I think we might see some X-Men actors reprise their role in the MCU. Looks like Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan were serious about asking Hugh Jackman to return as Wolverine.
    Hugh Jackman retired. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think those would be the best on screen uniforms. You could make some tweaks here and there, like another poster mentioned I don't think any of the X-Ladies should be running around in mini skirts. The suits from Ultimate X-Men are the closest thing to real life costumes I can imagine. You could always use Morrison's and Quitely's designs but those are basically street clothes.
    The costumes the MCU has pulled off so far make me think they should go closer to the real skintight color blocking costumes we already know and love. Not so much the skimpy, skin-showing stuff the women tend to fall into, but basically any of their full body costumes can be wonderfully adapted through micro-patterns and tactical gear and materials to make the leap to the screen with success(I mean, look at what they did with Captain America's costumes for example, let alone something like Spider-Man). No need to fall back on the Morrison/Quietly and Ultimate costumes, which were a direct reflection of the Fox-Men Singer black leather suits to begin with.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-02-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankyspaceout View Post
    How should the humor be in MCU X-Men, because the X-Men tend to be more mature than other Marvel properties. How different should it be from other MCU movies, because I read that Forced Humor can come out of the MCU movies, but hopefully it can be different.
    After films like Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, and Black Panther, I think we can safely assume the MCU X-Men can be mature and serious, with high stakes and political drama, even with a healthy dash of fun and a sprinkle of humor.

I don't doubt their sincerity, but I really think Jackman is done. He's made it clear that Logan was his last stint as the character. He's ready to move on and I don't think he's inclined to come back. But I hope he gives his blessing to whoever takes over the role in the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

There’s a world of difference in asking Hollywood workhorse [redacted] to reprise a minor role in the MCU and getting a Broadway Daddy to change back into an action star. A comparable role would be Bruce Davison to reprise Senator Kelly or even Tyler Mane to try out Sabretooth again.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Hugh Jackman retired. Time to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't doubt their sincerity, but I really think Jackman is done. He's made it clear that Logan was his last stint as the character. He's ready to move on and I don't think he's inclined to come back. But I hope he gives his blessing to whoever takes over the role in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    There’s a world of difference in asking Hollywood workhorse [redacted] to reprise a minor role in the MCU and getting a Broadway Daddy to change back into an action star. A comparable role would be Bruce Davison to reprise Senator Kelly or even Tyler Mane to try out Sabretooth again.
    I don’t expect him to come back either. Just found it interesting that they wanted him back.

But they better get Ryan Reynolds and Dafne Keen back in their roles.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-03-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Spoiler tagging these spoilers for Far From Home Post Credit Scenes.

spoilers:
    In the first Mysterio thru J.K. Simmons J. Jonah Jameson and Daily Bugle.Net frames Peter for his crimes. In the 2nd one we see Telos and Soren from Captain Marvel have been impersonating Nick and Maria for Nick and hints to possibly SWORD. If skrulls impersonating heroes becomes public knowledge on top of Peter being framed could Marvel Studios being setting up a New MCU going forward where heroes aren't trusted and seen with fear and paranoia?.
    end of spoilers

Thus making it the perfect place to introduce Mutants and the X-Men eventually.