Page 84 of 325 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Your are missing the point.
    I understand your point. “Mystique should not have this big of role because it’s not in the comics” etc. But that’s not relevant to my point which is that the Oscars influenced the writing of the characters, which is a fact.

And Singer hasn't been able to, no scratch that, hasn't even attempted to make these ensemble movies to actually feel like ensemble movies. He had Weapon X sequence in literally every single movie he directed, has Stryker appear in 3/4 of his movies, has Magneto changing sides in 3/4 of his movies, but yeah, he doesn't have time to develop Storm. I wonder why.
    And I never mentioned this.

Even before the Oscar, Mystique was already the third most prominent character on First Class after Xavier and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I can place by bet that stark is responsible for danger room and cerebro?
    Very little chance of happening. So go on bet.
    I can place another bet Storm is black panther's wife before she has any leadership role in their movies?
    She has a good chance of appearing first in a BP movie. But wife? No way. I also don't get what is so bad if she appears first in BP? She's get more respect there in her very first scene than she's gotten in the 18 years of FoX-Men.
    Marvel's X-Men is Spiderman Homecoming rebooted.
    So a movie with huge critical acclaim, that purposefully does something new and doesn't repeat the same of plotpoints from previous movies, wins back the crowd after disappointing previous movies, makes more money than most previous movies, and most fans love it apart from some vocal detractors? Why is that a bad thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She has a good chance of appearing first in a BP movie. But wife? No way. I also don't get what is so bad if she appears first in BP? She's get more respect there in her very first scene than she's gotten in the 18 years of FoX-Men.
    Trumpets and talking drums announce the arrival of the goddess(played by an actress without a white parent) as she brings the rain down in Africa.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Trumpets and talking drums announce the arrival of the goddess(played by an actress without a white parent) as she brings the rain down in Africa.

I don’t why that is a big deal to you, especially with Storm being stated to have traits of all races and being from a fictional ethnicity. It’s like getting upset over Magneto and Kitty’s actors not being Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t why that is a big deal to you, especially with Storm being stated to have traits of all races and being from a fictional ethnicity. It’s like getting upset over Magneto and Kitty’s actors not being Jewish.
    Storm's parents are both black. Her mother is native Kenyan. Halle and Alexandra's mothers are both white. It matters. And Magneto and Kitty should have been played by Jewish actors too.

I merged the threads because we don't need two, although you all are dangerously close to getting this one shut down as well. Be civil.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's parents are both black. Her mother is native Kenyan. Halle and Alexandra's mothers are both white. It matters. And Magneto and Kitty should have been played by Jewish actors too.
    Kenyan is a nationality of a country with a multi-ethnic demographic. I hardly see anybody object to Daniel Washington playing Malcom X who has mixed ancestry.

Astonishing Member

It's going to be Astonishing to see X-Men females done properly. Storm, Kitty Pride, Rogue, Jubilee were butchered onscreen. It's like Fox had something against females by muting their performances onscreen. Mind you the same could be said about X-Men males but Wolverine, Magneto, and Xavier sure dominated screen time. Females were lacking with the exception of Jean and Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It's going to be Astonishing to see X-Men females done properly. Storm, Kitty Pride, Rogue, Jubilee were butchered onscreen. It's like Fox had something against females by muting their performances onscreen. Mind you the same could be said about X-Men males but Wolverine, Magneto, and Xavier sure dominated screen time. Females were lacking with the exception of Jean and Mystique.
    Storm and Rogue may not have been comic accurate but their performances were far from muted. You’re forgetting about X-23, Yukio, Polaris, Blink, Vanessa, etc.

I'm sure the movies will do well regardless of quality. The MCU brand is strong. I want Bishop to have a prominent role but it's unlikely to happen. They will probably play it safe and go with Cyclops, Wolverine, Xavier as the male leads.

Astonishing Member

Storm and Rogue may not have been comic accurate but their performances were far from muted. You’re forgetting about X-23, Yukio, Polaris, Blink, Vanessa, etc.
    Which movie was Polaris in? I liked Blink in DOFP for all the 3 minutes of screen time she had. Did she even have lines in that movie? My favorite female performance from the X-Men franchise is NegaSonic Teenage Warhead. X-23 did a good job tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Which movie was Polaris in? I liked Blink in DOFP for all the 3 minutes of screen time she had. Did she even have lines in that movie? My favorite female performance from the X-Men franchise is NegaSonic Teenage Warhead. X-23 did a good job tho.
    You didn’t say anything about movies, just Fox’s treatment of female characters. So that would include TV shows.

Kenyan is a nationality of a country with a multi-ethnic demographic.
    N'Dare is not of mixed ancestry. She's black from the heart of Africa, of an ancient line that goes back to the beginning of mankind. I look forward to Ororo's black African roots being embraced 100% in the MCU as a goddess in BP2. You'll never understand what that would mean to so many people around the world.

You didn’t say anything about movies, just Fox’s treatment of female characters. So that would include TV shows.
    This thread is called "The Future of the X-Men on the Big Screen". Let's stay on topic.