Page 96 of 325 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Beside Wolverine & Deadpool, what other X-characters do y’all think can support solo trilogies?
    I think we'll have to see how the characters are delivered first. I sit here today thinking Rocket and Groot could do a trilogy, but I barely knew of their existence a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    There are no similarities. X2 had no massive big battles. Avengers movies have never portrayed kids as evil. Magneto and Stryker are not similar to Loki, Ultron, Thanos. There are no similar dark moments in both movies. Disney has a restriction on dark moments in MCU movies It is my opinion but I am making them from what I actually saw and have read in many interviews. It was the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice controversy that made marvel to come out and say, They prefer their movies to be on the much lighter side of things.
    I have decided to be considered a good movie you must have Kevin Feige overseeing it. Therefore no Fox X-men movie can be good.

I win! Or maybe I just cheated right? Narrowly setting your terms (and narrowing them further to make your point when pressed) is an indictment of your position. You can't make an argument on general terms so you make it so specific you can't be wrong. That's a fallacious argument.

By all means, enjoy your opinion, just know that you are not making good arguments.

BANNED

Beside Wolverine & Deadpool, what other X-characters do y’all think can support solo trilogies?
    X-23 certainly could.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I have decided to be considered a good movie you must have Kevin Feige overseeing it. Therefore no Fox X-men movie can be good.
    Kevin Feige worked on the original X-Men trilogy.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-23-2018 at 07:55 PM.

When you consider how Cap 2/3 and Thor 3 really became team movies, I think just about any X-Character could support a 'solo' trilogy. Cyclops(Shi'Ar orphaning/Sinister manipulations/Diamond Jack/recuitment, Maddie and the baby/X-Factor/Inferno, Cyclops 3: AVX) , Storm(N'Dare's tribe/Harlem/Cairo/Shadow King/BP/Goddess phase/Brood Saga/Callisto fight/powerless phase/Forge/Yukio/Outback era/Gambit/X-Treme X-Men), Gambit(Thieves/Assassins/Belladona/Storm/Rogue/Mutant Massacre/Marriage), Psylocke(STRIKE/Captain Britain/Mojo/Sabretooth/Armor/Siege Perilous/Kwannon/Crimsom Dawn/Archangel), and Cable(Six Pack/Domino/Deadpool/New Mutants/X-Force/Apocalypse/ Ship/Professor/Providence/Hope) would be top tier. Tell their origins in #1. Bring in support characters/lovers/teams in the 2nd. Go even bigger in the 3rd. Honestly the MCU could make anyone a star. The X-Lore is packed with goodness.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Theoretically speaking, anyone. What's the standard? The first two Wolverine movies weren't even that successful, neither critically nor commercially(The Wolverine is domestically the lowest grossing movie of all in the whole FoX-Men), but he still got the third one. If we take that as a standard, I bet my ass that MCU could take anyone and give us more successful movies that the first two Wolvie movies.

But realistically, I say X-23 and Gambit.

But it doesn't have to be solo trilogies. They can make one-off solo movies starring Cyclops, Storm, Jean, etc. Or duo movies like Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, Rogue and Gambit. If Ant-Man and the Wasp can make nearly as much as Logan(DON'T YOU DARE GIVE ME R-RATED EXCUSE), there's no reason for these movies to fail.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

If Ant-Man and the Wasp can make nearly as much as Logan(DON'T YOU DARE GIVE ME R-RATED EXCUSE)
    Logan wasn’t released in 3D while Ant-Man and the Wasp was. The former has more domestic ticket sells according to Box Office mojos.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-23-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Logan wasn’t released in 3D while Ant-Man and the Wasp was. The former has more domestic ticket sells according to Box Office mojos.
    I said 'nearly'. And again, you are willfully missing the point and focusing on irrelevant stuff.

One movie is considered to be one of the best comic book movies of all time, had such a meta build-up that probably no other movie is going to come close to that, an actor's swan song for a character that he has played for 17 years, and so much more...

...and the other one is Ant-Man and the Wasp. And they manage to make nearly the same amount of money.

1. Gambit- Think Ocean elevens or Focus with mutants

2. Psylocke- generic action plot with ninja/spy

3. X-23- good origin story with mix of action

4. Cable(or Bishop)- think terminator with mutants

5. Magneto- Cullen Bunn run modified

6. Storm- original story with her history adapted into it

I don't know why people think it is hard to do a "solo" X-men movie you literally watch DOFTP and X2 which were basically a Wolverine movie and First Class which was basically a Xavier movie or Magneto movie. Civil War and Winter Soldier where "Captain America movies" In the context team stories you can solo if you wanted instead of trying to X-men Dark Phoenix you would do Jean Grey Dark Phoenix ,Instead of X-force you would ArchAngel the Dark Angel Saga. The most fun tho is solo movies one off

1. Sabertooth- Slasher flix where he is hunting down and killing people like a Micheal Myers

2. Kitty Pryde being hunted in mansion by a demon

3. Arcade trapping people like in Jigsaw

4 Gambit and Rogue on the run from Assassin and Thief guild

5. Moonstar and friends camping being hunted from Demon Bear

6.Cyclops on a Space adventure with his father crew to save his father

7.Multiple Man Murder mystery where he has to discovery who killed him

8. A normal coming of age teen drama with any group of young X-men

9. X-force hunting Brood in a city

10.IIlyana getting trapped in limbo and being hunted by Demons

The only reason I am disappointed in X-men leaving Fox they were just starting to touch the tip of iceberg. Eventually they would figured out the clover field/Unbreakable approach is amazing with X-properties . Could you imagine Halloween you go to thinking is a normal slasher flix and in the middle of movie learn the main female character is Boom Boom and end the serial killer is Sabertooth or Omega Red
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-23-2018 at 10:08 PM.

This is a fun question. As a comic book fan I would probably see a trilogy of any X-character. As for general audiences I doubt they would be as committed. Even still I think there is potential

1. Storm- The visuals alone could carry a trilogy. Seeing her control weather would be very appealing to mass audiences, plus they would learn about an amazing character

2. Cyclops and Jean- This could easily be turned into a action/romance type of series. Boy and girl fall in love, then are separated by evil forces (Sinister) and have to fight to get back together

3. Rogue- Southern charm and a tragic story plus her comic power set. Sells itself.

4. Nightcrawler- I think this is the biggest stretch but the scene in X2 was so good that I just feel like people would watch a movie about Kurt.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kevin Feige worked on the original X-Men trilogy.
    He did not. He just has a producer credit. That's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He did not. He just has a producer credit. That's not the same thing.
    Yeah he was also "producer" on the Raimi Spider-Man Films, Hulk (2003), Punisher (2004) and Punisher War Zone, The Tim Story Fantastic Four Films, Daredevil, & Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    1. Storm- The visuals alone could carry a trilogy. Seeing her control weather would be very appealing to mass audiences, plus they would learn about an amazing character
    When Storm's eyes go white, she sees the world in bands of color that represent all the energetic forces which dictate the weather. It's barely been visualized even in the comics, but it is the medium she sculpts like a "sculptress molds her clay". If the filmmakers studied various meteorological radars and such info, and put their own spin on it, it would make for the most amazing visual experience on screen.

colorbandsofelements.jpg

Of course normal weather effects would look incredible too, but this "Storm vision" would be phenomenal!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Gambit
    Cable
    Cyclops
    Magneto

Any X-Woman can support solo movies more than Captain Marvel.

Storm
    Jean/Phoenix
    Psylocke
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue
    Mystique
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-24-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    X-Men should never go bright colours. It doesn't suit the series at all. . X-Men is now following a pattern to Batman Movies. Batman was introduced in films with the Gothic Tim Burton's movies, they moved to bright colours with Batman and Forever/Batman and Robin and it was literally the death of Batman in films, they went back to less bright colours with a reboot in 2005 Batman Begins. Once X-Men clones GOTG and Avengers, imagine all the negative comparisons it will get to Logan and X2. It is also not something that will please or appeal to the more adult fan side of the series either.

There are no similarities. X2 had no massive big battles. Avengers movies have never portrayed kids as evil. Magneto and Stryker are not similar to Loki, Ultron, Thanos. There are no similar dark moments in both movies. Disney has a restriction on dark moments in MCU movies It is my opinion but I am making them from what I actually saw and have read in many interviews. It was the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice controversy that made marvel to come out and say, They prefer their movies to be on the much lighter side of things.
    I too fear for the mature appeal of X-Men movies I expect to be gone after 2021. MCU keeps all the mature content in their Netflix shows, Fox X-Men did great by usually squeezing them in X-Men movies. However comparing MCU movies to Batman and Robin is a bit of a stretch. Not one MCU movie is as terrible as Batman and Robin. Batman and Robin wanted to be MCU movies and failed miserably at it. Successful or not, I love the more thoughtful and very grown up comic movies. X-Men can be very good in this area, right from X-Men 1 that opened in Auschwitz camps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    MCU keeps all the mature content in their Netflix shows...
    There is plenty of mature content in MCU films you always describe as comedies, like the Guardians films and even Thor: Ragnarok.