Page 322 of 325 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325 LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    ...by having Wolverine lead. She did have a somewhat better role in X3, I'll give you that. But in everything that came afterwards she was basically a glorified cameo.
    Both Wolverine and Storm led. Storm proved to be the better leader since wolverine was getting distracted by Jean. Her best role was in X2. A role that brought something to the film than the other 3 female characters in black panther. Black Panther is already struggling with plots. they don't need more characters.

I never liked Shipp as Storm or the prequel movies, so I don't care for her. Acting like storm being a glorified love interest in a black panther sequel movie s the best thing that has ever happened to Storm is a fass.

Storm has shown to single handily save the every being on earth in X2. She has also shown she does not need to be a love interest as beautiful as Halle Berry was. The very first time it should ever be implied that she may have a boyfriend or is interested in a man, it should be Forge not Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Michaela Coel would kill it as well, but Disney would never be that bold.
    Bold indeed. Sarah Finn managed to get RDJR as their flagship protagonist, despite everything he’d been up to. And they waited out the reaction to Gunn, and hired him back for GotG. Ultimately you may be right, but Disney is capable of some boldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Storm has shown to single handily save the every being on earth in X2
    I admit I totally forgot about that.

The very first time it should ever be implied that she may have a boyfriend or is interested in a man, it should be Forge not Black Panther
    Agreed.

Armie Hammer as Cyclops
    Rami Malek as Nightcrawler
    Milo Gibson as Wolverine -- I mean if he HAS TO be in the film
    Florian Munteanu as Colossus
    Dylan O'Brien as Iceman
    Gaspard Ulliel as Gambit
    Lily James as Rogue
    Sophie Turner as Jean -- hate me all you like, I thought she was terrific
    Anacostia Quartermaine as Storm
    Freddie Stroma as Angel
    Anya Taylor Joy as Magik -- it was perfect
    Olivia Dudley as Emma Frost
    Kacey Rohl as Kitty Pryde

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anacostia Quartermaine as Storm
    Come THRU Motherland Fort Salem Yaasss

The actress is Demetria McKinney.

Astonishing Member

Storm is the other X-Men leader, Beast is a founding member of the X-Men. Marvel will need about 3 true stand alone X-Men films before any mixing and other appearances. they need to build an x-men universe first, just shoving all the MCUness right at the beginning would prove to dier in the long run.
    Except the MCU don't do films like that, they set up things in other movies whether it be plot hooks, guest stars or supporting casts. For example, Black Widow in Iron Man 2; Nick Fury in Iron Man 1; Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Captain America: Winter Soldier; T'Challa and Spider-man in Captain America: Civil War. Marvel is putting the X-men into the MCU, not the opposite.

She should be introduced in the first titled X-Men film. Claremont's 1975 giant sized X-Men.

People are against it because X-Men does not need constant guest appearances.

Marvel needs to do something new, The MCU concept itself is no longer new or fresh.
    But they guest star regularly in the comics and they'll be doing that in the MCU anyway. What you're suggesting isn't new, that was the old way of doing things in movies.

it really is just too soon to start pairing up Beast/Avengers and Storm/BP when MCU has yet to established an X-Men world first.
    That's debatable. Beast being in the Avengers would be great! Part of establishing the X-men's "world" will Marvel putting bits and pieces in other movies.

Storm is the other X-Men leader, Beast is a founding member of the X-Men. Marvel will need about 3 true stand alone X-Men films before any mixing and other appearances. they need to build an x-men universe first, just shoving all the MCUness right at the beginning would prove to dier in the long run.

She should be introduced in the first titled X-Men film. Claremont's 1975 giant sized X-Men.

People are against it because X-Men does not need constant guest appearances.

Marvel needs to do something new, The MCU concept itself is no longer new or fresh.

it really is just too soon to start pairing up Beast/Avengers and Storm/BP when MCU has yet to established an X-Men world first.
    While the MCU concept isn't new I don't think the shared universe aspects are getting old. In fact if these movies weren't in a shared universe I don't think anyone would have stayed invested after Endgame.

Also, we've already seen Storm introduced in X-Men films and she's notably been underutilized. You claim she had a large role in those movies, but what emotional arc did she have?

I also don't want Storm used as a love interest/ prop, but since the Black Panther films have already started the conversation about inclusivity I personally think her appearing there would be a great way to introduce the audience to mutants. Since audiences will already be more familiar with her character then she could have an even larger role once the X-Men get their own film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I also don't want Storm used as a love interest/ prop, but since the Black Panther films have already started the conversation about inclusivity I personally think her appearing there would be a great way to introduce the audience to mutants. Since audiences will already be more familiar with her character then she could have an even larger role once the X-Men get their own film.
    TChalla and Storm should have a meetcute in Oakland. The Brotherhood is trying to steal Wakandan tech from the ambassadorial facility he builds there following BP1, but the X-Men arrive to prevent it. TChalla thinks the X-Men are the thieves, but he recognizes they are not. It's becoming the BP brand for him to see bigger pictures almost immediately, and behave in an atypical heroic manner.

Or, if they use the Ultimate line for inspiration (which was rumored), Storm could actually be with the Brotherhood when they try to steal Wakandan tech in Oakland. If memory serves, there was a line in Ultimate X-men #1 when Jean rescues Ororo from jail implying that she had briefly been with Magneto’s Brotherhood of Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Come THRU Motherland Fort Salem Yaasss

The actress is Demetria McKinney.
    omg I'm SO dumb and I copy/pasted the CHARACTER'S name. hahaha Thank you good sir.

I would also accept Jade Tailor for Rogue. She plays assertive and sassy well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Or, if they use the Ultimate line for inspiration (which was rumored), Storm could actually be with the Brotherhood when they try to steal Wakandan tech in Oakland. If memory serves, there was a line in Ultimate X-men #1 when Jean rescues Ororo from jail implying that she had briefly been with Magneto’s Brotherhood of Mutants.
    Or Storm could still be in Kenya and T’Challa encounters her as Wakanda attempts to give aid to the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No, Ultimate Storm had been approached by Magneto, but she turned them down. I'm sick of trying to shoehorn Ororo into a villain role(coughApocalypsecough). If they introduce Ororo in a BP film, I don't want her to be a love interest(MCU has been horrible with love stories, in my opinion, especially in terms of the female partners). Do it as Lord Claremont wrote it: Ororo saves T'Challa out of the blue, they have a brief moment, and they part ways due to conflicting obligations.

Honestly, last I heard Chadwick wasn't very happy with his MCU situation, so I wouldn't doubt if they end up promoting Shuri to BP sooner than later. I think BP2 could be a great place for Ororo to debut in the MCU as a featured cameo, but I don't want her narrative too much folded into Wakanda. I want to see her become the leader of the X-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yes! gorgeous....she's more Storm IMO :-)
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    There was a dude somewhere who had the absolute best casting of an xmen movie anyone ever made.
    Jodie Turner-Smith.... perfect!

I think most of us are hoping for Storm to be in black Panther 2 not because we want her main storyline to be as his love interest, but because it's a way to introduce her earlier which would give her more character development when we finally see her in an X-Men movie. They have so many mutants to introduce so the best way is to make some of them pop here and there. And Black Panther was the best MCU movie IMO so her popping there would not be a problem at all... it's a way to see her African roots. And if hey want to make them fall in love in the fure, they already will have a connection.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Jodie Turner-Smith.... perfect!

I think most of us are hoping for Storm to be in black Panther 2 not because we want her main storyline to be as his love interest, but because it's a way to introduce her earlier which would give her more character development when we finally see her in an X-Men movie. They have so many mutants to introduce so the best way is to make some of them pop here and there. And Black Panther was the best MCU movie IMO so her popping there would not be a problem at all... it's a way to see her African roots. And if hey want to make them fall in love in the fure, they already will have a connection.
    Yeah, big no to Storm as 'Black Panther's girlfriend,' although I'm fine with there being some sparks / shipping in their first encounters. And yeah, it's MCU tradition to establish one or more elements from upcoming properties in current films, so Spider-Man appears in Civil War, and Storm could appear in Black Panther 2, to sort of get a foot in the door and tease all the great new stuff to come in Phase X.