Page 10 of 325 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Mags, and DOOM, are at the top of the food chain tho. I imagine DizMar thinX they'll go a LONG way, into solving the MCU's perceived 'villain' problem. They are to Marvel, what the Joker is to Batman, and then some. Don't count the man from Atlantis out either, he's got that same swagger, and stage presence.

Ultimate Member

I feel like Marvel would want to avoid retelling stories we've already seen. We've had multiple flashbacks to Wolverine getting his adamantium, and will have seen a pair of 'Dark Phoenix' storylines, by the time Marvel / Disney (if ever...) gets their hands on this property, as well as a ton of Magneto/Xavier frenemies and enough Mystique to shake a stick at.

Just as Spider-Man: Homecoming managed to completely avoid retelling the stories told (or re-using the villains) in the previous five Spider-Man films from Sony, I kind of hope Marvel does something similar, and focuses on characters and storylines that Fox didn't really address, or shortchanged. Less Wolverine, Mystique, Xavier and Magneto. More Nightcrawler, Angel, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Kitty, Cyclops, etc.

But that's just what I want to see. Stuff I haven't seen yet. Not Marvel trying to one-up Fox with 'a better Magneto' or a 'better Wolverine.' ('Cause, frankly, I think Fox hit gold with their Wolverine casting, and with Patrick Stewart as Xavier. I don't really think Marvel *can* realistically 'top' that, and, IMO, the more effort they put into trying to one up Fox on the characters they hit it out of the park with, the less energy they are devoting to anyone else, which is just repeating the worst mistakes of the previous movies.)

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

The Disney/Fox deal will get anti-trust approval today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

No.
    More.
    Fox-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

x_grave.jpg

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They have no future. No matters who keeps the rights, the superhero trend is going to die after avengers 4 and people will be tired of the whole thing after that.
    ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Shows Marvel Cinematic Universe Is Immune to Superhero Fatigue

Disney and "Black Panther" Obliterate Talk of Superhero Fatigue
    After breaking records during its opening weekend, the titular hero is on track to be Disney's next billion-dollar hit -- and to silence critics who think the superhero genre may have run its course.

People have been screaming about Superhero Fatigue for 8 years.

BANNED

Good movies will sell, that simple, and meh movies that rely on nostalgia will fall (Solo)

Fantastic Member

They need to start bringing out the movies every few years. Even I'm starting to get fatigue. An some of these films aren't as good as there hyped up to be. I think does the right thing with every few years. It's a shame there selling to Disney liked that the xmen weren't in the same universe. It made more sense, without clashing with other superheroes

Throw in there Incredibles 2. It broke animated movie opening record with $182 M, and has already crossed $500 M worldwide and $370 M domestic.

The superhero genre will loose its popularity. One day. That day doesn't seem close yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Very Powerful scene. Its too bad all the next X-Men movies will end up falling short to Logan.

Extraordinary Member

My only real concern is with the fate of the Deadpool movies under Disney.

I don't see Disney wanting to do an R-Rated Deadpool.

Other than that they can do a full on Homecoming with the rest of the X-Franchise for all I care.

Honestly, two Deadpool movies was more than enough. Do we really need to see Juggernaut being anally violated by Colossus again? The gratuitous violence and toilet humor gets old, fast.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Other than that they can do a full on Homecoming with the rest of the X-Franchise for all I care.
    IF they want to keep Reynolds Dpool, he can easily just dimension hop, make a few jokes about said dimension hop, and continue on as is.

It isn't like they need the rest of the cast.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, two Deadpool movies was more than enough. Do we really need to see Juggernaut being anally violated by Colossus again? The gratuitous violence and toilet humor gets old, fast.
    Black humour for Deadpool and 20 MCU movies of Disney's child humour have been more cringe worthy and embarrassing to hear than 2 Deadpool movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

They'd also be buying other valuable IP like Aliens and Predator. They're not going to spend this kind of money and just chuck that stuff. Or Deadpool/X-Force for that matter. Bob Iger has already said they're willing to do R-rated stuff, but my guess is under a different label like when they had Miramax and did some R-rated films like Pulp Fiction.

They'll keep it mostly contained, but will allow them to have some cameos from MCU characters and other things (e.g., SHIELD) for comedic value. And also to establish that, yeah, this is a Marvel property. But that's probably it.