Page 101 of 325 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    ... I take it Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are the best MCU movies. How do they compare to Logan, X2, DOFP,First Class as X-Men movies.
    Well, that would depend on who you ask. We already know your answer, as we're reminded of it relentlessly. Style & tone =/= content, no matter how much personal projection is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    The darkness is for social issues and characters lives in X-Men since the characters lives of the mutants is what reflect the social issues. In X-Men you get the double bill. The darkness is also not dumbed down. GOTG everything is brought down by a joke. To call GOTG a dark movie in any way is to live on opposite day.
    I got through every bad event and the darkest days in my life through humor and I've had some dark days.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, that would depend on who you ask. We already know your answer, as we're reminded of it relentlessly. Style & tone =/= content, no matter how much personal projection is applied.
    Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are good MCU movies. None of these movies will be be good X-Men movies if they were X-Men movies. If X-Men is soapy, how will Infinity War justify itself as a fully driven CGI movie? X-Men movies tend to bomb hard when they are action cgi driven.

I think the answer is more to do with X-Men than me.

Please tell me what makes X-Men movies "Serious"? X-Men 2000 started with Magneto in Auschwitz well GOTG started with Peter as a boy watching his mother die of tumor Iron Man 3 dealt with PTSD. Take a film like As Good as it Gets its hilarious in many parts but it also deals with mental illness and has a gay bashing scene in it. You can tons of comedy in a film and still create human connections and tragedies that people can relate to.

Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are good MCU movies. None of these movies will be be good X-Men movies if they were X-Men movies. If X-Men is soapy, how will Infinity War justify itself as a fully driven CGI movie? X-Men movies tend to bomb hard when they are action cgi driven.

No they're good movies period I dislike the Lord of the Rings films they're not my cup of tea doesn't change they're good movies. By calling the MCU movies good "MCU Movies" would be like saying "Logan, X2, and DOFP are good for comic book movies" it's condensing and trying to passive aggressively take a jab at them.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-27-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Personal taste to be honest. Some people seem to think action,cgi and comedy so how makes movies lesser but they all about same level with Logan being slight better than everything mention.

Also the "title Ragnarok" was probably picked more for a cool name than in conjunction with a specific thor story. They didn't tell Ragnok story they told a modified planet Hulk with Hela story origin story fixicating on the name is kinda meanless.
    Logan, X2, DOFP, First Class are more of what X-Men tastes like. Ragnarok in name should never be picked if it wasn't going to be Ragnarok. Imagine what we will be saying if DOFP was a comedy (not a dystopian movie), imagine what all will be saying if The Dark Knight was actually a light batman story-take. Superman is meant to stand for hope in Man of Steel, but he is all broody smashing cities recklessly. Well, that was criticised, so it doesn't count.

Some people seem to think action,cgi and comedy
    It does for X-Men. X-Men 3 and Apocalypse are inferior to X2 and DOFP because those movies had too much action and cgi. X-Men does not need it.

BANNED

Then I would suggest you reassess, 'cause that's nonsense.

Logan, X2, DOFP, First Class are more of what X-Men tastes like. Ragnarok in name should never be picked if it wasn't going to be Ragnarok. Imagine what we will be saying if DOFP was a comedy (not a dystopian movie), imagine what all will be saying if The Dark Knight was actually a light batman story-take. Superman is meant to stand for hope in Man of Steel, but he is all broody smashing cities recklessly. Well, that was criticised, so it doesn't count.

It does for X-Men. X-Men 3 and Apocalypse are inferior to X2 and DOFP because those movies had too much action and cgi. X-Men does not need it.
    X-Men Last Stand and Apocalypse are weak telling of stories it wasn't CGI that made them bad. The New Planet of the Apes trilogy made by Fox had lots of CGI and was a great trilogy it's story not CGI. Also the TDK trilogy had humor especially from Alfred and even Bruce like "I was going to blame the whole thing on you".
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-27-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Jessica Chastain looks like a replacement for the White Queen in this. If they didn't want to spend too much time with the story(by skipping the whole Phoenix Saga) or give Jean a proper Phoenix costume, they should've gone with the Ultimate Universe Phoenix. A darker movie doesn't mean it's gonna better. Look at Deadpool.

So if Marvel reboots and I personally do think they will, so is it ironic Dark Phoenix's trailer the film that is possibly the X-Men Proper last film in the XCU started with this is the end?

Looks decent. I would love to see a Kevin Feige produced after credits scene with Jean as the Phoenix, assuming she sacrifices herself like in the comics, in the White Hot room with a Patrick Stewart voiceover talking about evolution and change as fundamental forces of the universe, and the fact that there is within us the potential to ascend to a higher plane of existence. Then something about how upon that higher plane we can see the fabric of the multiverse, and all of its different strands...and how from time to time certain strands are cut, so that new ones can emerge and thrive...

...something like that, teeing up the reboot in the MCU. It would harken back to the opening of X-men 1 and also pay homage to Grant Morrikson’s New X-men run as well as some of the older Excalibur Otherworld stuff with Saturnyne and whatnot.

Just a fun way to tie a bow around the XCU before kicking off the MCU X-men era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks decent. I would love to see a Kevin Feige produced after credits scene with Jean as the Phoenix, assuming she sacrifices herself like in the comics, in the White Hot room with a Patrick Stewart voiceover talking about evolution and change as fundamental forces of the universe, and the fact that there is within us the potential to ascend to a higher plane of existence. Then something about how upon that higher plane we can see the fabric of the multiverse, and all of its different strands...and how from time to time certain strands are cut, so that new ones can emerge and thrive...

...something like that, teeing up the reboot in the MCU. It would harken back to the opening of X-men 1 and also pay homage to Grant Morrikson’s New X-men run as well as some of the older Excalibur Otherworld stuff with Saturnyne and whatnot.

Just a fun way to tie a bow around the XCU before kicking off the MCU X-men era.
    I think Stan Lee's last MCU cameo should one day be the reveal he's the One Above All and turns into a cosmic being showing not only the MCU but the Multiverse he created and we see his various cameos from Raimi's Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, and All the Fox films with MCU cameos as he fades away happy with his creations.

Ha. That would be great. Or have him in the background as another “White Phoenix of the Crown” or whatever they were called, and he comes up alongside Sophie Turner and says something cheeky like, “Excelsior” right before the fade to black.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No they're good movies period I dislike the Lord of the Rings films they're not my cup of tea doesn't change they're good movies. By calling the MCU movies good "MCU Movies" would be like saying "Logan, X2, and DOFP are good for comic book movies" it's condensing and trying to passive aggressively take a jab at them.
    They are good MCU movies, not good enough for X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Please tell me what makes X-Men movies "Serious"? X-Men 2000 started with Magneto in Auschwitz well GOTG started with Peter as a boy watching his mother die of tumor Iron Man 3 dealt with PTSD. Take a film like As Good as it Gets its hilarious in many parts but it also deals with mental illness and has a gay bashing scene in it. You can tons of comedy in a film and still create human connections and tragedies that people can relate to.

Peter saw his mum die of a brain tumour, it was light compared to watching Magneto seeing his mother get shot in front of him. The movie falls into comedy after that. the next scene was of Peter dancing and his walkman? the next scene of magneto was nothing more but anger, revenge and a foreshadowing he was going to kill Shaw.

I thought Disney removed the Iron Man 3 PTSD story. (the full story). It's not a comparison to the PTSD Wolverine and Xavier had in Logan and DOFP.

X-Men comics makes X-Men serious.

Can we get off the "X-Men movies vs. MCU" thing? It's off topic, only leads to fights and closed threads, and frankly (IMHO) ignores that both series have their strengths and flaws.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)