Page 102 of 325 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4870

The XCU is one thing. The MCU's eventual X-Men franchise is another. You may not agree with the level of seriousness but, as a franchise, the MCU characters have struggled. That doesn't mean they didn't have good days. I think it's ridiculous to say Peter Quill didn't suffer from Meredith's brain tumour when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 showed us he did. Levity breaks tension and makes franchises stronger by showing multi-faceted characters.

The XCU (and movies like TDK) aren't serious, they're dour, and they'd show more growth by embracing some of the lighter aspects of their characters. Consequences work better when there's something to lose, a world is to dark then hope can't be lost. All points are simply being ignored to support the argument you want to make.

However, this topic is actually about the MCU's possible interpretation of the X-Men. Make another one for the debate. Not everything needs to turn into a pissing contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    They are good MCU movies, not good enough for X-Men.

Peter saw his mum die of a brain tumour, it was light compared to watching Magneto seeing his mother get shot in front of him. The movie falls into comedy after that. the next scene was of Peter dancing and his walkman? the next scene of magneto was nothing more but anger, revenge and a foreshadowing he was going to kill Shaw.

I thought Disney removed the Iron Man 3 PTSD story. (the full story). It's not a comparison to the PTSD Wolverine and Xavier had in Logan and DOFP.

X-Men comics makes X-Men serious.
    There was NO PTSD story in Logan Charles had a form of Alzheimer's/Dementia and Logan was simply dealing with his body breaking down from the adamantium killing him without his healing factor and him having to decide what to do with Charles.

Do you watch the movies you talk about? You seem not to have seen Iron Man 3 and got the basics for Logan wrong.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-27-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Civil War, Infinity War and Winter Solider are action movies. You can join the three movies together, they will not make up the one story in X-Men 2. Darkness is not everything is horror, or having dark scenes after dark scenes or what Zack Snyder was trying to accomplish in Batman vs Superman. it could be significant to the seriousness of the film. The heaviness of the story, what the story is about right to the execution. What characters are allowed to do.

Ragnarok is a stand out bad moment as the term is on the tile of the film. Make a comedy film about Thor, just don't call it Ragnarok. MCU has two major problems with X-Men.

I. If their X-Men movies are comedies, most will complain and resent it.

II. if it is like Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war, most will complain too because the movies will lack the depth of First Class, X2, Logan . The movies has too much action and no chance for the story and themes to flourish.

I take it Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are the best MCU movies. How do they compare to Logan, X2, DOFP,First Class as X-Men movies.
    The action in those movies supplemented the stories of those movies really well. They weren't just there for the spectacle. The airport scene of Civil War did more to invest me in what was going on than anything X2 had.

Wonder if the Dark Phoenix reshoots will allow the movie to have closure or if the original intents that it kick off more movies will still be there, leaving us with unfinished business should the franchise under Disney's management go the MCU reboot route?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Stay on topic please. No more FCU v MCU stuff. I've already asked a couple of times. If you are responding to people who are posting off topic crap you're just as bad.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Fox is still pushing ahead on films in development.

X-Force, Gambit, and Multiple-Man are specifically cited in the article.

X-Force is a no-brainer, given Deadpool's success and Reynolds is putting his full support behind it. Gambit makes a degree of sense considering the development already done on it; Fox may feel it necessary to get it done to justify what they've spent.

Multiple-Man raises some serious WTF out of me, though. Of all Fox's speculated projects, it's probably the one that has the least fan interest behind it, and AFAIK has had no actual development beyond "Franco wants to do it."

It would make FAR more sense for them to push ahead with X-23; Mangold and Kyle have been actively working on the script since 2017, Mangold will almost certainly direct and he's made it clear it's a project he really wants to do, Keen is also onboard with reprising the role, and it would be following up on one of the most well-regarded films in the franchise with its breakout character. And with studios increasingly eyeing diversity, it would be the first major cape film lead by a Hispanic female character.

I'm not saying it would print money, but it's got a LOT more going for it, arguably even more than Gambit (which is mainly being driven by Tatum, who is a dubious draw for comic fans).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This is probably a stupid question but whose supposed to payfor these movies once the merger goes through? Because I don’t see Disney paying for a gambit or multiple man film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

X-Force is a no-brainer, given Deadpool's success and Reynolds is putting his full support behind it. Gambit makes a degree of sense considering the development already done on it; Fox may feel it necessary to get it done to justify what they've spent.

Multiple-Man raises some serious WTF out of me, though. Of all Fox's speculated projects, it's probably the one that has the least fan interest behind it, and AFAIK has had no actual development beyond "Franco wants to do it."
    Can see that, although it really seems like the Universe really doesn't want a Gambit movie to happen; they've failed multiple times to get one off the ground for the better part of a decade.

It would make FAR more sense for them to push ahead with X-23; Mangold and Kyle have been actively working on the script since 2017, Mangold will almost certainly direct and he's made it clear it's a project he really wants to do, Keen is also onboard with reprising the role, and it would be following up on one of the most well-regarded films in the franchise with its breakout character. And with studios increasingly eyeing diversity, it would be the first major cape film lead by a Hispanic female character.

I'm not saying it would print money, but it's got a LOT more going for it, arguably even more than Gambit (which is mainly being driven by Tatum, who is a dubious draw for comic fans).
    I'm really starting to think that the X-23 movie is dead; we've heard nothing about it since the initial announcement of a script. I think if it was moving forward, we would've heard something by now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but whose supposed to payfor these movies once the merger goes through? Because I don’t see Disney paying for a gambit or multiple man film.
    Look at it from the Fox movie division perspective... Who's Disney most likely to keep after the merger? The guys that sat back and did nothing or the ones that kept on working on projects?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think all of these movies just exist on paper and that is as far as they will ever get. They are the back up plans just in case something weird goes on and the Disney/Fox deal falls apart. Fox needs something ready to go in case the deal falls through, but they have no serious intention to actually make any of them. It is almost a given that when Disney does get the X-Men back they are starting from scratch so everything Fox has planned gets dropped in the dumpster. One of the reasons they pushed both Phoenix and New Mutants back so long was so they would have movies coming out next year without having to dump any more money into something new.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Look at it from the Fox movie division perspective... Who's Disney most likely to keep after the merger? The guys that sat back and did nothing or the ones that kept on working on projects?
    I understand that, but can't they still cancel those projects without firing by reassign those people to new projects... no?

Because, again, I don't see Disney being willingly to fund these projects if they're the ones responsible for paying for them.

Reboot no Reboot whatever I think we can all agree Fox has under used the X-Men villains and characters so who'd you like to see never seen on screen before? Characters who were unrecognizable like Mastermind counts.

OK X-Men I'd like to see at least as Students the newer kids Hellion, Pixie, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Gentle, Anole, Prodigy, Elixir, Tempus, Triage, Armor, Icarus, Surge, Wind Dancer, Wither, Wallflower, Match, Wolf Cub, Blindfold, Cipher, Nature Girl, Shark Girl, Skin, even Goldballs and everyone else.

Other Teams: Excalibur with Psylocke, Thunderbird (Neal), Banshee (Interpol Version), and Captain Britain with other UK heroes as a UK answer to the Avengers. Also X-Factor Investigations.

Space: The Shi'Ar, Imperial Guard, Starjammers, The Brood, and the Phalanx.

Villains: Sinister, Mauraders, Dark Riders, Proteus, Belasco, Adversary, Bastion, Nasty Boys (Not Main Villains Flunkies), Emma's Hellions, Upstarts (With Shinoboi Shaw leading), Mastermind, Mesmero, & Acolytes.

Other Mutants: Dazzler, Longshot and Mojo World, Morlocks and Gene Nation.

Your Suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think all of these movies just exist on paper and that is as far as they will ever get. They are the back up plans just in case something weird goes on and the Disney/Fox deal falls apart. Fox needs something ready to go in case the deal falls through, but they have no serious intention to actually make any of them. It is almost a given that when Disney does get the X-Men back they are starting from scratch so everything Fox has planned gets dropped in the dumpster. One of the reasons they pushed both Phoenix and New Mutants back so long was so they would have movies coming out next year without having to dump any more money into something new.
    I think X-Force will go ahead, with Feige’s involvement, as it can easily be self-contained. My firm belief is that they will continue with the R-rated stuff in a separate little corner of the MCU, where it can draw upon other IP for cameo appearances and gags (e.g., Captain America showing up for some funny bit) but is otherwise standalone.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Apparently X-Men film producer Lauren Schuyler Donner owns the X-Men rights and Fox just distributes.

"By the mid-90s, after a deal with Columbia Pictures fell through, the rights were picked up by Lauren Schuler Donner (St. Elmo’s Fire, Pretty in Pink) following the successful animated spin-off of the comic series, who took the project to 20th Century Fox."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...ls_characters/

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...man-took-over/

Though she wants to work with Feige.

“Sure, why not?” said Shuler Donner. “Look, it’s 18 months away, so who knows. For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first ‘X-Men.’ Kevin and I started the ‘X-Men’ together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...6ZZ0loFTZF6.99

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Apparently X-Men film producer Lauren Schuyler Donner owns the X-Men rights and Fox just distributes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...ls_characters/

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...man-took-over/

Though she wants to work with Feige.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...6ZZ0loFTZF6.99
    Don't believe Reddit Lauren Schuler Donner piece from Vanity Fair she secured the Rights for Fox.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...nner-interview