Page 103 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Don't believe Reddit Lauren Schuler Donner piece from Vanity Fair she secured the Rights for Fox.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...nner-interview
    Quote is from the second link which isn't reddit.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-03-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Quote is from the second link which isn't reddit.
    Its Flickering Myth the other Vanity Fair it's safe to assume Vanity Fair got the facts right especially on a piece on LSD.

Its Flickering Myth the other Vanity Fair it's safe to assume Vanity Fair got the facts right especially on a piece on LSD.
    You referring this line?

Lauren Shuler Donner, the producer who helped Twentieth Century Fox snap up the film rights to the X-Men characters 23 years ago, is the first to admit that her very financially lucrative franchise has had a few creative rough patches.
    And wouldn’t that mean she co-owns the rights?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-03-2018 at 07:44 PM.

You referring this line?

And wouldn’t that mean she co-owns the rights?
    No it would mean she got the rights for Fox and was made a Producer for doing it. You honestly think there wouldn't be a hundred Clickbait articles if there was even a chance someone other than Fox owned the rights?

No it would mean she got the rights for Fox and was made a Producer for doing it. You honestly think there wouldn't be a hundred Clickbait articles if there was even a chance someone other than Fox owned the rights?
    I know that is the case with Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-03-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The XCU is one thing. The MCU's eventual X-Men franchise is another. You may not agree with the level of seriousness but, as a franchise, the MCU characters have struggled. That doesn't mean they didn't have good days. I think it's ridiculous to say Peter Quill didn't suffer from Meredith's brain tumour when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 showed us he did. Levity breaks tension and makes franchises stronger by showing multi-faceted characters.

The XCU (and movies like TDK) aren't serious, they're dour, and they'd show more growth by embracing some of the lighter aspects of their characters. Consequences work better when there's something to lose, a world is to dark then hope can't be lost. All points are simply being ignored to support the argument you want to make.

However, this topic is actually about the MCU's possible interpretation of the X-Men. Make another one for the debate. Not everything needs to turn into a pissing contest.
    I agree, there needs to be some "lighter aspects" that should be touched on. It isn't believable that these super beings would have all these wonderful powers and be cry babies all the time.

I do think that the X-Men should skew more toward a mature audience from time-to-time, with some future spin-offs or standalone movies flirting with or adopting an R rating (like Deadpool or Logan) if need be, due to language, violence, or sexual content.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Deadline is saying the deal could be finished this year
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Nice. Could X-Force be the first film produced after the merger and under Feige’s watch? I hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice. Could X-Force be the first film produced after the merger and under Feige’s watch? I hope so.
    X-Force will likely be scrapped. Feige likes to start small and with the essentials, and then expand.

It’s not being scrapped. They didn’t buy this IP to toss the R-rated stuff that’s working. It’ll happen.

The X-men are a different matter. I have a feeling they’ll get rebooted, but in a Spider-man: Homecoming way where we’re not re-telling the origin. Everyone knows who they are. Just hit the ground running.

But Deadpool and X-Force will be fine.

It’s not being scrapped. They didn’t buy this IP to toss the R-rated stuff that’s working. It’ll happen.

The X-men are a different matter. I have a feeling they’ll get rebooted, but in a Spider-man: Homecoming way where we’re not re-telling the origin. Everyone knows who they are. Just hit the ground running.

But Deadpool and X-Force will be fine.
    Even if they wanted to hard reboot and scrap everything and I think they will for the most part I do think the Deadpool/X-Force film is safe due to two factors one success of Deadpool and two since he breaks the 4th wall he can specifically make a joke like "where's the Avengers when you need them? Oh yeah the mouse won't allow me to play in the MCU."
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-04-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Agreed. They have basically telegraphed that this is where they’re going in their statements. They won’t throw out the one franchise that everyone loves and is making them lots of money. They’ll keep it mostly contained, but will likely allow for funny lines and cameos and other things (e.g., SHIELD presence) which kind of establish it as in the MCU, but the MCU films won’t reference it.

Agreed. They have basically telegraphed that this is where they’re going in their statements. They won’t throw out the one franchise that everyone loves and is making them lots of money. They’ll keep it mostly contained, but will likely allow for funny lines and cameos and other things (e.g., SHIELD presence) which kind of establish it as in the MCU, but the MCU films won’t reference it.
    You mind as well make it an alternate timeline in that case.

See Deadpool is a great character for that because he can do his own thing and because he's a 4th wall breaking nut he can show up in a official MCU film like Guardians or something I mean think of it "Deadpool in Space" Reynolds would get a kick out of that I think but he could show up and say things about the XCU and people would be

He's the one Fox character that Marvel can have their cake and eat it too a character who can come to the MCU with no continuity baggage because any reference to the XCU can be waved away as him being insane.

Why bother? It doesn’t have to be. And Deadpool can actually poke fun of all the continuity nerds who actually care about this stuff, which is a huge bonus.

Just like there are self contained runs of comic books which take place in the MCU, this is no different.