Page 108 of 325 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Do we talk about villains now?

Cause I'd lead with Frenzy and the Acolytes, heighten the stakes with 50 foot robot Sentinels, and end up with Master Mold on Krakoa. NO HUMAN THREAT, aside from what the Sentinels clearly represent. Spare me another pack of gun toting human thugs, up against a woman in the shape of a tornado.
    Good choices I would like to see Sinister heck let Bryan Cranston play him like he wants too

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The first two appearances of X-Men in animation was Marvel's Superheroes Show in a Sub-Mariner segment as the "Allies of Peace" then in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

X-Men TAS series did a crossover with Spider-Man, Ka-Zar and Shanna in a episode, Ms. Marvel in a episode, had a Captain America episode, cameos by Black Panther, War Machine, Dr. Strange, Punisher, Wasp, Goliath, Scarlet Spider, Hulk, and Moondragon to name some there was more.

X-Men Evolution had Nick Fury, Shield, Captain America, Stark Industries reference, and Daily Bugle reference.

Wolverine and the X-Men had Nick Fury, Shield, Hulk, and was part of the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Universe as per the creators.

Even X-Men Anime had a Iron Man cameo with the cameo shots of heroes saving the world.

I know some like to deny it but from the comics to shows the X-Men have always been tied to the larger Marvel Universe.
    Cameos. most of them were cameos or one off featured characters that never changed the map of the cartoons as pure xmen cartoons. X-Men and Spiderman are the only two marvel big hitters who have never needed other references and crossovers to make their movies or series work.

X-men may be tied to a lager universe but it was more than its own universe too. most of their stories don't feature other marvel characters. the core elements of xmen was about mutants living in a complicated world only them could understand, it is also the reason many people never bothered to start wondering why mutants are hated and feared and others heroes are not until disney started diluting xmen comics and worse, making the comics start reflecting their movies.

Marvel comics were never as connected as their movies are making it out to be. the movies do that for money obviously, the comics cared more about letting writers write great stories, including stand alone world building for series like X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Daredevil.

You don't need any other marvel characters in xmen, every mutant in xmen already has a major character trait of current MCU characters.

Beast is as smart as Hulk

Arcangel is as rich as tony stark

Storm is a powerful black character like Black Panther

Sage is Black Widow

Longshot is Star Lord

Domino/Psylocke are Gamora

Pepper Potts is Irene Mayweather

Danger is Vision

Shatterstar is Hwkeye

Blink is Dr Strange

Pietro and Wanda are Magneto's kids.

Lockhead is Groot.

No point in mentioning X-Men rogues gallery and many other fantastic characters waiting to have their moments.
    We don't need any marvel non xmen character playing major parts in xmen movies, when many mutants can do the role better as mutants in xmen movies. that is worse than mystique is the leader of the xmen, at least mystique is an important grey xmen character from the comics, a member too.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Good choices I would like to see Sinister heck let Bryan Cranston play him like he wants too
    I thought that was a best possible casting until I ran across a photo of Jonathan Rhys Meyers that was perfection as Sinister. Now I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see play him.

I feel like I've made a friend.

Yeah, what you're describing is exactly my worldbuild of choice. Storm leads as headmistress of the "school", which is really just a sanctuary for a few refugee mutants, similar to Gifted's Mutant Underground. She's flanked by oldest allies Nightcrawler and Colossus; the three comprise the X-Men's intervention & rescue "team". Henry McCoy and Emma Frost teach the students. Wolverine is the scout. Cyclops is retired, and doesn't appear until the mid-credits stinger.

The ghosts of Xavier, Phoenix, and Magneto inform Storm's choices, and both haunt and inspire her leadership of her team, the students, and the direction of mutantkind.
    Throw in Bishop to patrol the school grounds and the line-up would be perfect. I don't think we need ghosts advising Storm though, we've seen her be a leader in the comics and she can do it by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post

You don't need any other marvel characters in xmen, every mutant in xmen already has a major character trait of current MCU characters.
    Comparing Beast and Hulk (esp movie Hulk), Archangel and Stark, and Storm and Black Panther really reduces the characters to one aspect of what they are. But yes there are some redundant characters and some of the comparisons make a lot of sense.

I'm not worried about MCU characters being in X-Men movies because so far the MCU has done such a great job of creating single character movies with cameos from other characters that lead to something bigger, and I never felt like the cameos overshadowed the real heroes of the movie. Like in Spiderman Homecoming - Iron Man was present but didn't take over when it was time for Spiderman to face the bad guy. I think the people from the MCU studio understand people want to see the title character(s) and everyone else is a supporting character. So I'm not worried about MCU characters being redundant or overshadowing the X-Men in their movies.

On another note, I really miss TAS and am hoping the Sony's Spiderverse animated movie turns out to be a success so that Disney will try something with animation and have Pixar work on a project that could be a spiritual successor to TAS.

“Ghosts” was a figure of speech, like their memory stays with her... not Charles and Erik as Yoda and Obi Wan holograms. That would be dumb.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Cameos. most of them were cameos or one off featured characters that never changed the map of the cartoons as pure xmen cartoons. X-Men and Spiderman are the only two marvel big hitters who have never needed other references and crossovers to make their movies or series work.

X-men may be tied to a lager universe but it was more than its own universe too. most of their stories don't feature other marvel characters. the core elements of xmen was about mutants living in a complicated world only them could understand, it is also the reason many people never bothered to start wondering why mutants are hated and feared and others heroes are not until disney started diluting xmen comics and worse, making the comics start reflecting their movies.

Marvel comics were never as connected as their movies are making it out to be. the movies do that for money obviously, the comics cared more about letting writers write great stories, including stand alone world building for series like X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Daredevil.

Beast is as smart as Hulk

Arcangel is as rich as tony stark

Storm is a powerful black character like Black Panther

Sage is Black Widow

Longshot is Star Lord

Domino/Psylocke are Gamora

Pepper Potts is Irene Mayweather

Danger is Vision

Shatterstar is Hwkeye

Blink is Dr Strange

Pietro and Wanda are Magneto's kids.

Lockhead is Groot.

No point in mentioning X-Men rogues gallery and many other fantastic characters waiting to have their moments.
    We don't need any marvel non xmen character playing major parts in xmen movies, when many mutants can do the role better as mutants in xmen movies. that is worse than mystique is the leader of the xmen, at least mystique is an important grey xmen character from the comics, a member too.
    Spider-Man met the FF in his 1st issue, the Avengers was the bringing together of individual heroes, the X-Men met the Avengers in their 9th issue. Also Wanda and Pietro weren't Magneto's kid for nearly their 1st 20 years. The comics were always connected closely at Marvel and segregating the X-Men is very Un-X-Men IMO.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I feel like I've made a friend.

Yeah, what you're describing is exactly my worldbuild of choice. Storm leads as headmistress of the "school", which is really just a sanctuary for a few refugee mutants, similar to Gifted's Mutant Underground. She's flanked by oldest allies Nightcrawler and Colossus; the three comprise the X-Men's intervention & rescue "team". Henry McCoy and Emma Frost teach the students. Wolverine is the scout. Cyclops is retired, and doesn't appear until the mid-credits stinger.

The ghosts of Xavier, Phoenix, and Magneto inform Storm's choices, and both haunt and inspire her leadership of her team, the students, and the direction of mutantkind.
    Serious, question how is this any different than what Fox did with Wolverine with a select few receiving development and progression/ regression and Logan as the central figure?

No, thanks no one character should be the central feature with other well established characters sidelined, underused, or worse dead with the insulting adage of being a prop for someone else's dream. I want the X-men on the big screen and with the right planning, focus, and care we can have films that use the franchise in a naturally progressive way. While also using it's most celebrated and newer members individually and as a team and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Serious, question how is this any different than what Fox did with Wolverine with a select few receiving development and progression/ regression and Logan as the central figure?
    What's different is that it would be the umpteenth "x-men" film in the last 20 years. All the basic relationships are known by the audience... so we'd be hearing a similar song played by MCU's instrumentation. The first trilogy banked on Wolverine as the POV character and soaked him in loner and reluctant hero tropes. The second run of films banked on the rivalry/bromance between Charles and Magneto, with Mystique moving back and forth. The movies have never dealt with how the members of the X-Men feel about their roles and relationship to Xavier's ideology. I'm suggesting Storm as "central" because her essential conflict is about compromising her own character in order to lead the X-Men family in the absence of ideologues.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No, thanks no one character should be the central feature with other well established characters sidelined, underused, or worse dead with the insulting adage of being a prop for someone else's dream. I want the X-men on the big screen and with the right planning, focus, and care we can have films that use the franchise in a naturally progressive way. While also using it's most celebrated and newer members individually and as a team and family.
    I'm sorry if you've been led to believe I feel the MCU X-Men films should have Storm as the sole POV character. I'm suggesting Storm's essential conflict serve as the introductory narrative for the first MCUXM film.

BANNED

What's different is that it would be the umpteenth "x-men" film in the last 20 years. All the basic relationships are known by the audience... so we'd be hearing a similar song played by MCU's instrumentation. The first trilogy banked on Wolverine as the POV character and soaked him in loner and reluctant hero tropes. The second run of films banked on the rivalry/bromance between Charles and Magneto, with Mystique moving back and forth. The movies have never dealt with how the members of the X-Men feel about their roles and relationship to Xavier's ideology. I'm suggesting Storm as "central" because her essential conflict is about compromising her own character in order to lead the X-Men family in the absence of ideologues.

I'm sorry if you've been led to believe I feel the MCU X-Men films should have Storm as the sole POV character. I'm suggesting Storm's essential conflict serve as the introductory narrative for the first MCUXM film.
    I guess I don't see the need to eliminate the presence of other characters to elevate Storm (or anyone else). If the X-men movies are finally done well, they should be true to what makes the comics great: That many characters can shine, with their own awesome stories....at the same time.

We don't need to have a centerpiece at all, I think that's part of the flaw in the movies so far.

To be fair to Shipp and Berry they weren't given much to work with.
    I 100% agree there wasn't much there for them to work with. Their casting however, speaks a lack of understanding of the character. I say this as big fan of Halle Berry. I don't know of Shipp's other works, but I am sure she's a fine actress as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yes, was on my phone and did a quick spell on that one. Sorry.

It may be that we need unknowns for most of these roles.
    No need to apologize!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Shame the Dark Phoenix thread is locked because I think I know who Jessica Chastain is playing after rereading the Phoenix arc.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-11-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Oh give us another hint.

Oh give us another hint.
    We know that she is an alien shapeshifter. Rumors say that she is gray skinned and has gone by the name “Lilandra”. There is a grayish shapeshifter who has acted as the double for Lilandra. A very obscure character named Hobgoblin(not the Spider-Man villain) who was apart of the Imperial Guard who first appeared as an antagonist for the X-Men during the Phoenix arc.

Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-11-2018 at 09:06 PM.

That seems hella obscure. I'm keeping my chips.

Good find tho.

That seems hella obscure. I'm keeping my chips.

Good find tho.
    X-24 in Logan was also based on the obscure Albert character. So I wouldn’t put it pass them to do something similar for Dark Phoenix.