Page 109 of 325 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    X-24 in Logan was also based on the obscure Albert character. So I wouldn’t put it pass them to do something similar for Dark Phoenix.
    I've never seen ANYTHING to suggest X-24 was based on Albert.

BANNED

Whew....for a second there I thought we weren't going to have enough time devoted to a shapeshifter!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The first two appearances of X-Men in animation was Marvel's Superheroes Show in a Sub-Mariner segment as the "Allies of Peace" then in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

X-Men TAS series did a crossover with Spider-Man, Ka-Zar and Shanna in a episode, Ms. Marvel in a episode, had a Captain America episode, cameos by Black Panther, War Machine, Dr. Strange, Punisher, Wasp, Goliath, Scarlet Spider, Hulk, and Moondragon to name some there was more.

X-Men Evolution had Nick Fury, Shield, Captain America, Stark Industries reference, and Daily Bugle reference.

Wolverine and the X-Men had Nick Fury, Shield, Hulk, and was part of the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Universe as per the creators.

Even X-Men Anime had a Iron Man cameo with the cameo shots of heroes saving the world.

I know some like to deny it but from the comics to shows the X-Men have always been tied to the larger Marvel Universe.
    cameos, references and one offs featured moment. most of these characters were not playing major roles in the comics and cartoons or leaving major impact. One of the strengths the oringal spiderman trilogy had was it was an actual spiderman movie. homecoming was weakened severely with all the MCU references and the forced iron man father figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    cameos, references and one offs featured moment. most of these characters were not playing major roles in the comics and cartoons or leaving major impact. One of the strengths the oringal spiderman trilogy had was it was an actual spiderman movie. homecoming was weakened severely with all the MCU references and the forced iron man father figure.
    This is all incredibly subjective. I, and many people, really enjoyed the Stark/Peter relationship and the incorporation of Avengers elements to help inform Spider-man's corner of the universe. Your opinion is your own, and that's fine... but to insist that Homecoming was "weakened" by its adjacency to the MCU is nonsense. To many others, it made it stronger --and a fresher take on an old story, similar to what I'd do with MCUXM. Start in the middle, with world event references helping inform the X-Men's corner of the MCU universe.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-12-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Do we talk about villains now?

Cause I'd lead with Frenzy and the Acolytes,. NO HUMAN THREAT, aside from what the Sentinels clearly represent. Spare me another pack of gun toting human thugs, up against a woman in the shape of a tornado.
    Giving marvel's track record of terrible one dimensional villains, this is going to be the unflattering moments of the future films. There will be many villains marvel will never touch too. Xorn, Cassandra Nova, Church of Humanity, Sinister.

heighten the stakes with 50 foot robot Sentinels, and end up with Master Mold on Krakoa
    Remember how terrifying those future sentinels were in DOFP? The MCU X-men movies will have to settle for Ultron. No stakes there.

the villians side of the newer x-men movies are going to be the most dumbed down aspect of the movies. Disney has this thing about making villains in movies not scary or a real threat, it is their way of keeping their movies light as much as it can or maintaining the fun factor.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-12-2018 at 06:57 AM.

This is all incredibly subjective. I, and many people, really enjoyed the Stark/Peter relationship and the incorporation of Avengers elements to help inform Spider-man's corner of the universe. Your opinion is your own, and that's fine... but to insist that Homecoming was "weakened" by its adjacency to the MCU is nonsense. To many others, it made it stronger --and a fresher take on an old story, similar to what I'd do with MCUXM. Start in the middle, with world event references helping inform the X-Men's corner of the MCU universe.
    From my own experiences, I and many others hated it, we wanted to see the lessons Uncle Ben taught him of why he is Spiderman. It is not even in the film. MCU got it wrong thinking because we have seen uncle ben die twice on screen we did not want to see him again. how many times have we seen bruce wayne's parents die on screen? Batman forever, batman begins, batman v superman. replacing uncle ben with tony stark was a bad idea.

Tony stark giving him all the tools to be spiderman both physically and mentally weakened Spiderman's story, the oringal movies were better since it had none of that. this is reason I am saying it will be bad if iron man starts building the danger room in xmen, it will be a bad xmen movie for the same reasons Spiderman homecoming was a bad Spiderman movie.

I cannot go for fresh take since at that point, Spiderman was just another MCU movie of the week. Many saw the film and came to the conclusion it was not the greatest we have seen of spiderman. If I want a current fresh take of spiderman, I will watch the movie mode of his new game that does feel like actual spiderman movies with little cameos or features of other non spiderman characters.

Crossovers should only be for things like House of M, secret wars or Civil War, it is not a day to day thing as Disney has turned it to be in comics and movies. The charm factor is also gone, Once upon a time it used to be an event for readers but not anymore because it has gotten so overdone with current comics and movies that the charm factor is gone.

Watching Avengers 2012, 6 years gone, Anyone can see how beyond generic and unimpressive the story is once you look pass the crossover factor or seeing that again for the first time. Spiderman 2, 14 years gone is a still cinematic masterclass in characters, story, directing and tone.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-12-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Giving marvel's track record of terrible one dimensional villains,
    Remember how terrifying those future sentinels were in DOFP?
    the villians side of the newer x-men movies are going to be the most dumbed down aspect of the movies.
    So you're one of those FoX-Men fans. It's hard to keep track who's who.

To be clear, I think there's a lot of good in the original trilogy and in the MacAvoy/Fassbender run of films, but in my opinion there was a lot of misplaced attention and poorly scripted adventures.

I agree there are a LOT of X-Men villains that will never make it to the screen. I think there's a LOT of comicbook villains who are not appropriate to the X-Men's themes and somber tone. I suggested Frenzy and the Acolytes as an initial antagonist to showcase a counterpoint to Xavier's disciples, and inform the audience of the stakes... Does Storm still believe in the effectiveness of the school? Finishing with Master Mold and Krakoa are a choice to pastiche Second Genesis and E is for Extinction: both dramatic jumping-on-points for X-Men's history... and powerful adversaries that can take a full Storm hit, or a fastball special.

What are you talking about? In X-Men TAS the Ms. Marvel episode was tied to Rogue's origin and definitely left an impact on her both Captain America episodes from X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution left impacts on Logan and the Evolution episode used Operation Rebirth and Cap's Super-Soldier formula to extend Magneto's life major impact on the show. Shield was also involved a lot with Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men. The X-Men have always outside of Fox created material was shown as part of the larger Marvel Universe as they should be.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've never seen ANYTHING to suggest X-24 was based on Albert.
    Wolverine duplicate who has a connection to Donald Pierce. People were talking about it when the movie came out.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Watching Avengers 2012, 6 years gone, Anyone can see how beyond generic and unimpressive the story is once you look pass the crossover factor or seeing that again for the first time. Spiderman 2, 14 years gone is a still cinematic masterclass in characters, story, directing and tone.

Why not discuss the future
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Why not discuss the future
    Well, we don't have much to go on about the future.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

From my own experiences, I and many others hated it, we wanted to see the lessons Uncle Ben taught him of why he is Spiderman. It is not even in the film. MCU got it wrong thinking because we have seen uncle ben die twice on screen we did not want to see him again. how many times have we seen bruce wayne's parents die on screen? Batman forever, batman begins, batman v superman. replacing uncle ben with tony stark was a bad idea.
    No way. The GA needs a fresh take otherwise it's stale. We just seen uncle Ben die in 2012, no need again 5 years later. The Tony Stark angle is fresh, totally out of the box. There's no such thing as concrete continuity. Companies have to change storylines and history to keep it fresh. Hence race and gender swaps if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No way. The GA needs a fresh take otherwise it's stale. We just seen uncle Ben die in 2012, no need again 5 years later. The Tony Stark angle is fresh, totally out of the box. There's no such thing as concrete continuity. .
    Homecoming was not a fresh take of Spiderman, it was another forgettable MCU movie of the week, didn't even matter since Logan was already out that year and set the bar high, that was a ...the fresh take for comic films. All the movies that came after Logan, GOTG 2, Homecoming , Thor , Justice league were just generic comic films we have seen before and Homecoming was no different. Homecoming maybe even had it worse because we could compare past Spiderman films.

It was not about watching uncle ben die again, it was the impact of his death that makes spiderman who he is. erasing that is the equivalent of erasing the Wayne's death, why arent batman fans complaining we have seen it before in every movie? you can not replace that with iron man as his father figure and zero mention of uncle ben and expect anyone who knows Spiderman's history to see any good in that or worse a fresh take, no. that is the Marvel formula getting into stuck zone.

Saying the tony's stark angle was fresh is nonsensical to me since at that point many had said the character was overused in their movies, many captain America fans were not pleased when they changed a pure Captain America 3 film for civil war just to bring in tony stark, How much less Spiderman fans, the most iconic marvel character, already very successful in movies before anyone knew who Tony stark was.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, we don't have much to go on about the future.
    The rules listed to the public of what every disney film must follow is more than enough to go on the future.people make up rules in the first place for others to follow. Also doesn't marvel already have 21 movies. that is more than enough. I mean, if you are going to see a movie of a famous director, you would have an idea what to expect, especially in the directing and writing skills department.

At this point I expect the worst X-Men so far from disney, Any studio that cares so much about little kids reading an old james gunn tweet and getting freaked out by that is not miraculously going to produce any xmen movie on the same high bar as some of the best x-men already had.

So you're one of those FoX-Men fans. It's hard to keep track who's who.

To be clear, I think there's a lot of good in the original trilogy and in the MacAvoy/Fassbender run of films, but in my opinion there was a lot of misplaced attention and poorly scripted adventures.

I agree there are a LOT of X-Men villains that will never make it to the screen. I think there's a LOT of comicbook villains who are not appropriate to the X-Men's themes and somber tone.

Fox-Men fan? does that make you a Marvelite? I don't define myself or others by what fans seems to be using as a way to take digs at eachother. I liked the xmen movies better because they had weight, increased the status of comic movies and had substance. The moment you agreed that a lot of xmen villains would not make it to the big screen, means the future xmen movies are going to be more poorly scripted than the original trilogy and MacAvoy/Fassbender movies , Why is TDK so loved. remove the Joker from the film and see if the status of the film will be the same. Also those X-Men movies you mentioned were praised for their scripts, those movies were dramas not CGI driven films.

Second Genesis and E is for Extinction: both dramatic jumping-on-points for X-Men's history... and powerful adversaries that can take a full Storm hit, or a fastball special
    Second Genesis and E is for Extinction based on the rules disney movies must follow will never hit the big screen. if they do, they will be more of A humor movie or a tone defective story compared to the comics.

Does Storm still believe in the effectiveness of the school? Finishing with Master Mold and Krakoa are a choice to pastiche Second Genesis and E is for Extinction: both dramatic jumping-on-points for X-Men's history... and powerful adversaries that can take a full Storm hit, or a fastball special.
    Marvel's obsession with crossovers will make this secondary for storm. her top task will be black panther's wife not a X-Man, marvel will need to keep the crossover streak going, we will be lucky if the xmen school for gifted youngsters is not sponsored by Wakanda why been forced to ignore Xavier is actually a billionaire and can fund his school by himself.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Why was the dark phoenix thread closed?