Page 11 of 325 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Do you have a link or would you mind pasting here what he said?

I'm not surprised he's excited though. His concepts and creations will never have been more popular than what comes next once Disney takes over. Talk about introducing the X-Men to a whole new generation. I also hope he gets some nice money from Disney like Jim Starlin did.
    He'll probably be paid less than what Fox paid him as Starlin said WB paid him more for using KGBeast in just Batman v Superman than what Disney/Marvel paid for using many of his creations in multiple films.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He'll probably be paid less than what Fox paid him as Starlin said WB paid him more for using KGBeast in just Batman v Superman than what Disney/Marvel paid for using many of his creations in multiple films.
    I'm pretty sure Starlin made that statement BEFORE finding a new settlement with Marvel Studios. Last we heard he was pretty happy with it. And Claremont never saw a dime from Fox - for work-for-hire creations it's a goodwill gesture from Disney or Warner to compensate the creators of the characters they use, they are not actually obliged to do it. But with a middle-man in Fox there's just no chance Chris ever saw any money from them, aside for his role as a consultant in the movies he was involved with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Throw in there Incredibles 2. It broke animated movie opening record with $182 M, and has already crossed $500 M worldwide and $370 M domestic.

The superhero genre will loose its popularity. One day. That day doesn't seem close yet.
    The thing is as long as they keep it fresh, we can survive a few bad ones.

I mean how many horror movies come out every year? How many Drama's, comedies, etc. Superhero is now it's own Genre with a variety of sub-genres in them. Not all superhero movies are going to break 1 billion. Which is fine. Over the next few years Superhero films will reach equalibrium, and usually roll out at around the 400-600 Million area. The tech will improve, and the costs drop.

Ant-man was not possible 10 years ago, it would have looked like Honey I shrunk the Kids.
    Black Panther would have been some shitty gang film.
    Captain America would not have been the Spy series it should be, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Black humour for Deadpool and 20 MCU movies of Disney's child humour have been more cringe worthy and embarrassing to hear than 2 Deadpool movies.
    "You're a dick."

"Do you actually go outside in these things?"

"Would you prefer yellow spandex?"

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

All farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more cringe-worthy than anything in the MCU films.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The thing is as long as they keep it fresh, we can survive a few bad ones.

I mean how many horror movies come out every year? How many Drama's, comedies, etc. Superhero is now it's own Genre with a variety of sub-genres in them. Not all superhero movies are going to break 1 billion. Which is fine. Over the next few years Superhero films will reach equalibrium, and usually roll out at around the 400-600 Million area. The tech will improve, and the costs drop.

Ant-man was not possible 10 years ago, it would have looked like Honey I shrunk the Kids.
    Black Panther would have been some shitty gang film.
    Captain America would not have been the Spy series it should be, etc.
    Your argument about sub-genres is spot on. I don't think the superhero genre will necessarily become unpopular, but I think it will diversify more as time goes on, and the studios need to find new stories to tell. You're already seeing a wider variety of styles, tones, and approaches than you were during the first phase of the MCU. You have space opera, comedy, post-apocalyptic tragedy, afrofuturism, etc. I think you'll also see more "auteur"-like approaches, where you have the director stamping their vision on the movie as with Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther. Obviously, they won't have complete control, but they won't simply be brought in to churn out someone else's vision.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "You're a dick."

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

"You're a dick" was the perfect thing for Cyclops to say at that moment. It was one of the few Whedon lines that survived his attempt to fix that film.

"The same thing that happens to everyone else" could have been fine if delivered in the bored/off-handed way that Whedon intended it. But Berry/Singer decided for Storm to deliver it in deadly earnest, and yes, it did seem ridiculous.

The other two lines you mention, yeah, they were not great in the first place. That was just one of several examples of Singer defensively making Wolverine the cool kid who mocks super-heroes but ends up joining the team anyway without admitting that he was wrong to be derisive.

I did like the "stay away from my girl" exchange, especially when sold with Marsden's "I get her, not you, jerkface" smirk at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    "You're a dick" was the perfect thing for Cyclops to say at that moment.
    Logan said that.

Personally, I am not a fan of Whedon's work, in any medium or universe. That said, DP's toilet humor is far and away worse than anything the MCU has put out( I am critical of all their films too, and would rate at least half unfavorably).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Logan said that.

Personally, I am not a fan of Whedon's work, in any medium or universe. That said, DP's toilet humor is far and away worse than anything the MCU has put out( I am critical of all their films too, and would rate at least half unfavorably).
    Whoops! Logan I mean. Talking to Cyclops. Typing faster than thinking. I am a Whedon fan, but obviously not everyone is in Club Joss, which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    Whoops! Logan I mean. Talking to Cyclops. Typing faster than thinking. I am a Whedon fan, but obviously not everyone is in Club Joss, which is fine.
    I do like his Avengers movie and the Firefly stuff, but I do think he overdoes the snarky humor.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IF they want to keep Reynolds Dpool, he can easily just dimension hop, make a few jokes about said dimension hop, and continue on as is.

It isn't like they need the rest of the cast.
    After the backlash to what happen to Vanessa in Deadpool 2 I think they do.

BANNED

"You're a dick."

Apart from "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.", This line was written by Joss Whedon, who used the same cringe worthy jokes for a bulk of his two Avengers movies. He did apologise for that line. These are actually cringe worthy enough to make people cringe and complain or just take notice to how dumb the entire movie is.

''Clearly you've never made an omelet''

“You didn’t see that one coming?”

''I am going to build some weird ****''

''what's meyouh meh''

''I am changeling you to a dance off'''

''Am an Actor- Mandarin ''

''We are Groot''.

''Have you ever tried swhrama''

Bye bye, bikinis.

“Where is Gamora?” Star-Lord asks.

“I’ll do you one better; who is Gamora?” Iron Man quips back.

“I’ll do you one better; WHY IS GAMORA?

I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breath, I am...running out of things to say!

You and Banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini."

''The Elevator is not worthy''

These are just a few, Most MCU movies are filled with nothing more cringe worthy jokes masquerading as plot points or actual dialogue. Jokes in these x-men movies don't derail the film into fart detox humour, Marvel movies tend to not avoid the trap, the C in MCU now stands for comedy, Did you not get the memo that marvel movies are poorly written, so they tend to put these actual toilet humour in it to balance things out. if you think I am telling a lie, ask the people who write their movies. You are talking of a series, where most of the villains are stand up comedians. that is a high level of actual cringe compared to none.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 06-28-2018 at 11:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Apart from "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.", This line was written by Joss Whedon, who used the same cringe worthy jokes for a bulk of his two Avengers movies. He did apologise for that line. These are actually cringe worthy enough to make people cringe and complain or just take notice to how dumb the entire movie is.

''Clearly you've never made an omelet''

“You didn’t see that one coming?”

''I am going to build some weird ****''

''what's meyouh meh''

''I am changeling you to a dance off'''

''Am an Actor- Mandarin ''

''We are Groot''.

''Have you ever tried swhrama''

Bye bye, bikinis.

“Where is Gamora?” Star-Lord asks.

“I’ll do you one better; who is Gamora?” Iron Man quips back.

“I’ll do you one better; WHY IS GAMORA?

I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breath, I am...running out of things to say!

You and Banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini."

''The Elevator is not worthy''

These are just a few, Most MCU movies are filled with nothing more cringe worthy jokes masquerading as plot points or actual dialogue. Jokes in these x-men movies don't derail the film into fart detox humour, Marvel movies tend to not avoid the trap, the C in MCU now stands for comedy, Did you not get the memo that marvel movies are poorly written, so they tend to put these actual toilet humour in it to balance things out. if you think I am telling a lie, ask the people who write their movies. You are talking of a series, where most of the villains are stand up comedians. that is a high level of actual cringe compared to none.
    Tarantino you're back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Tarantino you're back!
    I am not Tarantino though I do think the actual Tarantino (the director) will come to the same conclusions. Good that at least, you never said what I said was untrue. I love how some people don't usually tend to address other peoples hard hitting opinions, they just end up calling people names. best way to tell the person he is correct.

The universes are already blending. Psylocke, Domino and Black Panther were on stage together.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjORyfUcrk