Page 111 of 325 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4870
    Amazing Member

With a TV show they can flush out characters the films would never tackle. I was watching The Gifted with my friend and they were now interested in learning more about Polaris, Blink, and the rest of the cast. The films have focus mainly of Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Mystique, Beast, Charles, Magneto, etc. Maybe its time for others to get the spotlight.

Plus another cool thing Marvel is doing limited series on Loki and Scarlet Witch, but what if they tackled Negasonic or maybe Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I mean even if we had that kind of production, I don't think it can be on the same level as GoT.
    Why not? Claremont's canon is easily as interesting as Martin's. Obviously they are different genres for the most part, period fantasy vs modern sci-fi, but the sprawling storylines, dozens of characters, battles and locations and powers are actually similar in a way. With the right creators behind it, with sufficient funding, an X-Men series could easily become the equal of GOT, if not its superior.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why not? Claremont's canon is easily as interesting as Martin's...
    No. No, I'm going to just stop you there.

No. No, I'm going to just stop you there.
    Um, I'm sorry, is this an X-Men forum or not? I love Game of Thrones like I've never loved another show before(at least since TAS), but I'll take Claremont's X-Men all day. At the end of the day, GOT is just a convenient regurgitation of old myths, history, and legends, ever so slightly repackaged for a new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Here's an unpopular opinion, but does the X-Men need a future on the big screen? Let's be real under the Feige regime they may get 2-3 film franchises, but TV could be where the X-Men can dominate. Think about it what big franchises do Marvel have left for TV? Blade? Moon Knight? She-Hulk? However an X-Factor or Generation X show could rival what DC Universe is doing with Titans and Doom Patrol. Not trolling just thinking objectively.
    Many have argued it before that X-Men will have done better on TV, there are too many characters and since the stories are very complex and can sometimes drag, TV was the best place to explore the world, under the Feige regime, the movies will be shell of itself. X-Men movies would drop to a low bar of Ant Man, Avengers in the masses appeal department. If you count their adventures in television from X-Men TAS, X-Men Evolution, Gifted and Legion.This tv hows will be better adaption of X-Men compared to the future films due to content and stories and a less diluted X-Men universe. If we were to be fair, X-Men TAS alone has more heavy content than any Feige movie. TV will not be such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Plus another cool thing Marvel is doing limited series on Loki and Scarlet Witch, but what if they tackled Negasonic or maybe Storm?
    I'm really looking forward to the Loki and Scarlet Witch shows. I'm hoping it will be the start of a trend where actors and actresses can be in movies and in shows and it's not like once they get to be in major movies doing a TV show is not a good career move. It would open up so many possibilities if Disney can have the same people play X-Men characters in movies and shows.

Why not? Claremont's canon is easily as interesting as Martin's. Obviously they are different genres for the most part, period fantasy vs modern sci-fi, but the sprawling storylines, dozens of characters, battles and locations and powers are actually similar in a way. With the right creators behind it, with sufficient funding, an X-Men series could easily become the equal of GOT, if not its superior.
    I think the comparison with GoT works as far as how you would have a huge cast of characters and intertwined storylines. But an X-Men show wouldn't have the complexity of the political intrigues or period drama influences that you have in GoT. It's still a good comparison for the kind of scale that would do the X-Men justice though.

I would love to see an X-Men TV show, but hope it wouldn't be like the Marvel shows that have no connections to the MCU movies. I think I would either want a show similar to TAS and then some movies about single characters, or movies about the O5 and other core characters combined with a show that focuses on the students with cameos from the core characters from the movies.

Um, I'm sorry, is this an X-Men forum or not? I love Game of Thrones like I've never loved another show before(at least since TAS), but I'll take Claremont's X-Men all day. At the end of the day, GOT is just a convenient regurgitation of old myths, history, and legends, ever so slightly repackaged for a new generation.
    *sigh* Claremont church.

It's going to be troubling to many people when they notice how X-Men TAS is a more intelligent and clever X-Men adaption than MCU X-Men. Speaking of Game of Thrones don't may themes of the series have some similarity to X-Men, from the basic core. people fighting to sit on this throne and the survival of their kingdoms, mutants and humans fighting for their place on earth. all willing to play dirty.

If people want their nudity there was X-Men DOFP and Logan to get that. if people want their war, genocide, revenge, scandals and most importantly good and evil not as simple as it is. You can get that with X-Men stories. MCU movies, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

I think the comparison with GoT works as far as how you would have a huge cast of characters and intertwined storylines. But an X-Men show wouldn't have the complexity of the political intrigues or period drama influences that you have in GoT. It's still a good comparison for the kind of scale that would do the X-Men justice though.
    I think you are very wrong on that. the political intrigues of the human and mutant war would be more than enough including external figures like the Hell Fire Club, Look also beyond Game of Thrones, What of Westworld? , There is going to be A Watchmen TV show, X-Men would have done great there in tv, but we do agree it is a good comparison, X-Men stories deserves to have the same amount of depth and complex characters arcs as Game of thrones but since Disney thinks comic movies must to appeal to children the most and be popcorn fun above everything else, we are screwed.

Looking back now when you watch X-Men TAS, the show was always dying to push the envelope to The Simpsons Level, now they are going to have movies that will have the same content of an original TV program on disney XD. we have to admit that is a huge fall.

*sigh* Claremont church.
    Yeah, you know, the best selling, most influential run in the medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    It's going to be troubling to many people when they notice how X-Men TAS is a more intelligent and clever X-Men adaption than MCU X-Men. Speaking of Game of Thrones don't may themes of the series have some similarity to X-Men, from the basic core. people fighting to sit on this throne and the survival of their kingdoms, mutants and humans fighting for their place on earth. all willing to play dirty.

If people want their nudity there was X-Men DOFP and Logan to get that. if people want their war, genocide, revenge, scandals and most importantly good and evil not as simple as it is. You can get that with X-Men stories. MCU movies, not so much.
    Somehow I see you(somewhat) in the first paragraph, but you lose me completely in the second. Pretty sad that TAS actually remains the best adaption of the franchise even after two decades of Fox films...

Yeah, you know, the best selling, most influential run in the medium.
    *more sighing*

Take it down a notch gents.

There are at least a hundred reasons a prestige television series with headlining X-Men wouldn’t work.

I think an X-Factor / Mutant Town Show MIGHT work, but the real question is keeping a showrunner interested in the material.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    There are at least a hundred reasons a prestige television series with headlining X-Men wouldn’t work.

I think an X-Factor / Mutant Town Show MIGHT work, but the real question is keeping a showrunner interested in the material.
    Why go for the side dishes when the main course is so succulent? Adapting something like the Phoenix-Dark Phoenix story just can't be done in a single movie. Probably not even really well in a whole trilogy. But if you build up Jean and Scott over 10 hours in season one, and then do the NYC X-Mas Sentinel attack and Phoenix transformation as part of season two, and then lead with Proteus, then slowly descend through the madness of the Hellfire Club before the space opera crescendo of the D'Bari star/Shi'Ar trial/Battle on the Moon for season three, it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I think you are very wrong on that. the political intrigues of the human and mutant war would be more than enough including external figures like the Hell Fire Club, Look also beyond Game of Thrones, What of Westworld? , There is going to be A Watchmen TV show, X-Men would have done great there in tv, but we do agree it is a good comparison, X-Men stories deserves to have the same amount of depth and complex characters arcs as Game of thrones but since Disney thinks comic movies must to appeal to children the most and be popcorn fun above everything else, we are screwed.

Looking back now when you watch X-Men TAS, the show was always dying to push the envelope to The Simpsons Level, now they are going to have movies that will have the same content of an original TV program on disney XD. we have to admit that is a huge fall.
    X-Men films should appeal to children and not adults ashamed they like a Child's property which X-Men is.