Page 12 of 325 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    I am not Tarantino though I do think the actual Tarantino (the director) will come to the same conclusions. Good that at least, you never said what I said was untrue. I love how some people don't usually tend to address other peoples hard hitting opinions, they just end up calling people names. best way to tell the person he is correct.
    There's been an often-banned user who'd make the exact kind of posts that you just did and (we think) has come back more than once under aliases. It's gotten to the point where anyone who's extremely pro-Fox X-Men movies and/or really doesn't like the MCU movies -- esp. for their humor -- is suspected to be that user's latest persona. Probably not very fair, but there it is.

(FYI, I have to disagree with you on the MCU joke examples being badly written, at least most of them -- but I think that has more to do with the subjective nature of humor than anything else.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Seems ok to me: not sure about her Xavier pick. Seems a little too on the nose. I haven't seen the majority of these actors/films, so I can't comment too much on the rest.

As for her roster, you've gotta have Jean Grey, and drop the freaking Cyke/Jean/Logan love triangle. Just get rid of it. Kaput. Dunzo. I also don't like skewing Cyclops younger.

Lastly, this is the first time I've actually watched one of her videos, and, man, is her tone of voice grating. Too high a register, and it hardly varies. Just all squeak, all the time. I know she's an internet film critic, but a little voice training/variation couldn't hurt.
    Aw man, here we go - she's one of the rare women who actually KNOWS her stuff and you are focused on her voice, which isn't even bad. Are you sure you don't want to jump in on her looks, too? That's all we need is another easy-on-the-eyes 22 year old that can't do much except read from a giant cue card with a come-**ck-me voice.

I thought her reasoning was very sound, even if I somewhat disagreed with her choices.

Don't be so shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Apart from "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.", This line was written by Joss Whedon, who used the same cringe worthy jokes for a bulk of his two Avengers movies. He did apologise for that line. These are actually cringe worthy enough to make people cringe and complain or just take notice to how dumb the entire movie is.

''Clearly you've never made an omelet''

“You didn’t see that one coming?”

''I am going to build some weird ****''

''what's meyouh meh''

''I am changeling you to a dance off'''

''Am an Actor- Mandarin ''

''We are Groot''.

''Have you ever tried swhrama''

Bye bye, bikinis.

“Where is Gamora?” Star-Lord asks.

“I’ll do you one better; who is Gamora?” Iron Man quips back.

“I’ll do you one better; WHY IS GAMORA?

I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breath, I am...running out of things to say!

You and Banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini."

''The Elevator is not worthy''

These are just a few, Most MCU movies are filled with nothing more cringe worthy jokes masquerading as plot points or actual dialogue. Jokes in these x-men movies don't derail the film into fart detox humour, Marvel movies tend to not avoid the trap, the C in MCU now stands for comedy, Did you not get the memo that marvel movies are poorly written, so they tend to put these actual toilet humour in it to balance things out. if you think I am telling a lie, ask the people who write their movies. You are talking of a series, where most of the villains are stand up comedians. that is a high level of actual cringe compared to none.
    A lot of those jokes landed but also Fox's biggest X-Property is nothing but fart humor and I love it but it is.

Also here are some gems from X-Men and Wolverine films moments

DOFP: "Wow all 3 Networks. & PBS" (Get it it's the 70's that's the joke).

First Class: Russian General ogling imaginary Emma Frost.

DOFP: JFK was a Mutant.

Last Stand: "Grow those back"

X2: "What exactly are you a Professor of Professor Logan? Art"

X-Men Apocalypse: "The 3rd film is always the worse." (Saying that in the 3rd of a new film series since the First Class Reboot)

Wolverine X-Men Origins: bathroom Claws scene.

Logan: Ok I get Xavier has Alzheimer but seriously when did he fall in love with Quesalupa?

Last Stand: "Where is Magneto? Raven? Raven, I asked you a Question. I don't answer to my slave name." (Slave name good god is that cringy given historical context).

And the piece de resistance from Last Stand the one that created a thousand meme's "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!"

Fox's X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    "You're a dick" was the perfect thing for Cyclops to say at that moment. It was one of the few Whedon lines that survived his attempt to fix that film.
    It doesn't make a lick of a sense for Logan to say that to Cyke. Cyke hadn't done anything to Logan to warrant that. It's Logan who was being an ******* to him for the entirety of the movie for no reason.
    I did like the "stay away from my girl" exchange, especially when sold with Marsden's "I get her, not you, jerkface" smirk at the end.
    I would've been mostly indifferent to that line if it wasn't said 10 seconds after he had already said, "Wouldn't be my girl if I have to tell you that." That was a nice line. It's when he says the second one that makes Cyke look like a total wimp, which seems to be the goal for these movies, so I guess it was a success?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    A lot of those jokes landed but also Fox's biggest X-Property is nothing but fart humor and I love it but it is.

Also here are some gems from X-Men and Wolverine films moments

DOFP: "Wow all 3 Networks. & PBS" (Get it it's the 70's that's the joke).

First Class: Russian General ogling imaginary Emma Frost.

DOFP: JFK was a Mutant.

Last Stand: "Grow those back"

X2: "What exactly are you a Professor of Professor Logan? Art"

X-Men Apocalypse: "The 3rd film is always the worse." (Saying that in the 3rd of a new film series since the First Class Reboot)

Wolverine X-Men Origins: bathroom Claws scene.

Logan: Ok I get Xavier has Alzheimer but seriously when did he fall in love with Quesalupa?

Last Stand: "Where is Magneto? Raven? Raven, I asked you a Question. I don't answer to my slave name." (Slave name good god is that cringy given historical context).

And the piece de resistance from Last Stand the one that created a thousand meme's "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!"

Fox's X-Men

Don't forget "Mall is the matter of national pride".

BANNED

I wonder how much creative input & influence Marvel had with the X-Men movies, both before & after, the Disney acquisition? Didn't Feige work some on the earliest film, or films? His relationship with Lauren Shuler Donner, that stems from it, still seems friendly. It's an interesting situation, and I'm really curious to see how things play out, and how it evolves... and/or mutates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I wonder how much creative input & influence Marvel had with the X-Men movies, both before & after, the Disney acquisition? Didn't Feige work some on the earliest film, or films? His relationship with Lauren Shuler Donner, that stems from it, still seems friendly. It's an interesting situation, and I'm really curious to see how things play out, and how it evolves... and/or mutates.
    This seems to have ended as soon as the MCU got going. Before the Disney acquisition.
    But it's probably less "a pox on your FoX-Men" and more "I'm producing at least three movies of my own at all times now, I ain't got time for this anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Rumor is Feige told them during X-Men 2000 they had to give Wolverine his comic book hair.

Guys, mod already said that debates about MCU vs Fox will get threads closed with no warning. Ignore Tarantino.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm pretty sure Starlin made that statement BEFORE finding a new settlement with Marvel Studios. Last we heard he was pretty happy with it. And Claremont never saw a dime from Fox - for work-for-hire creations it's a goodwill gesture from Disney or Warner to compensate the creators of the characters they use, they are not actually obliged to do it. But with a middle-man in Fox there's just no chance Chris ever saw any money from them, aside for his role as a consultant in the movies he was involved with.
    To be fair, Claremont and Len Wein (rest in peace) both got speaking roles in Days of Future Past, which I'm sure they loved.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This seems to have ended as soon as the MCU got going. Before the Disney acquisition.
    But it's probably less "a pox on your FoX-Men" and more "I'm producing at least three movies of my own at all times now, I ain't got time for this anymore."
    I always got the impression that things went south & there was a falling out (over creative differences?), even before Disney, during TLS. That period, 2005-06, really seemed like a turning point for the worse... across the board, in all respects.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Aw man, here we go - she's one of the rare women who actually KNOWS her stuff and you are focused on her voice, which isn't even bad. Are you sure you don't want to jump in on her looks, too? That's all we need is another easy-on-the-eyes 22 year old that can't do much except read from a giant cue card with a come-**ck-me voice.

I thought her reasoning was very sound, even if I somewhat disagreed with her choices.

Don't be so shallow.
    You're assuming an awful lot here and are being extremely condescending, to boot.

I never said she didn't know her stuff nor did I imply that. She clearly knows her stuff, and I admitted that I knew hardly any of the actors she mentioned, hence why I couldn't rightly comment on them.

I also didn't say anything about her looks: I don't care what she looks like. I just gave a legitimate criticism concerning audio presentation. Professionals in multimedia often have "stage voices," for lack of a better term, that's a bit more agreeable than their usual voice might be. I don't think it's out of the question to suggest that she look into it, especially considering that speaking at length over various topics is her job.

That's not shallow or whatever other labels you might try and label me with.

I think I'm done with this thread now, so have a great day.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "You're a dick" was the perfect thing for Cyclops to say at that moment. It was one of the few Whedon lines that survived his attempt to fix that film.
    It doesn't make a lick of a sense for Logan to say that to Cyke. Cyke hadn't done anything to Logan to warrant that. It's Logan who was being an ******* to him for the entirety of the movie for no reason.
    The point of "you're a dick" was not so much that Scott really was, but that Logan was the kind of jerk who would say that to his teammate, whereas "Mystique impersonating Logan" would have not known to act so hostile toward an ally.

I did like the "stay away from my girl" exchange, especially when sold with Marsden's "I get her, not you, jerkface" smirk at the end.
    I would've been mostly indifferent to that line if it wasn't said 10 seconds after he had already said, "Wouldn't be my girl if I have to tell you that." That was a nice line. It's when he says the second one that makes Cyke look like a total wimp, which seems to be the goal for these movies, so I guess it was a success?
    I didn't read it as Scott being a wimp. It was wordplay. When Scott says, "She wouldn't have to be my girl if I have to tell you," he means "I am confident that Jean's affections and loyalties lie with me, not you." But following it up with "Stay away from my girl" didn't mean "But I am not confident really." It meant "Even though you would fail, I don't need the drama of you trying, so back off."

The bigger problem was that Bryan Singer was not going to be the guy to deliver us a tender and affectionate Scott/Jean relationship in the first place. He cast Logan as the hero, which gives us a perverse incentive to want Logan to pry Jean away from Scott, when we ought to be wanting the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    My only real concern is with the fate of the Deadpool movies under Disney.

I don't see Disney wanting to do an R-Rated Deadpool.

Other than that they can do a full on Homecoming with the rest of the X-Franchise for all I care.
    I don't see why Deadpool 1 made 700 million on a 58 million budget and Deadpool 2 has made about 700 million on 110 million budget. Logan made about 600 million on 97 million budget. I can't see the people at Disney being silly enough to ignore that success. Plus Marvel has its Netflix series which are R rated.The point is we should be getting a Disney adjacent Marvel R rated line because it is proven to make money.

We are not doing this again. Xelossik and Grindlelord if you start this same stupid derailing b.s. again you're done. Everyone is sick of this crap.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.