Page 121 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Any actress can fit a young Jean since she didn’t have much of a character until she was older.
    Then her character is mature Jean by default...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Kevin Feige on the matter:

"What I will say is, for years and years the dream has been to have access to as many of our characters back so that we can tell those stories at Marvel Studios," Feige said. "If and when that happens, I'll be very excited. ... We have ideas just from going back 18 years, but nothing specific."
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...-infinity-war/

Seems like he wants to do the stuff he had planned for the X-Men back at Fox that didn’t happen in the final product.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-28-2018 at 06:28 PM.

BANNED

That sounds like he won't care about what stories Fox has or hasn't told. He'll tell the ones he wants to tell. I like that, don't be afraid to go over ground already covered if you think you can do it better.

Also, FWIW, Daredevil made a clear and deliberate X-men reference at the end of it's third season. Even teasing adamantium and a key character in that lore.

Mighty Member

Any actress can fit a young Jean since she didn’t have much of a character until she was older.
    Sadie Sink for young Jean Grey!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Also, FWIW, Daredevil made a clear and deliberate X-men reference at the end of it's third season. Even teasing adamantium and a key character in that lore.
    And hopefully this leads to some retconning for Molly Hernandez in Runaways.

If you asked me how to bring in the X-Men, I would use the upcoming Eternals film to set them up. Have the Celestials come to Earth and alter the genome to create eternals, deviants, and mutants. Have the Kree come to Earth in a post-credits scene to examine the life on Earth and see if they can imitate the process through the inhuman genome.

From here, have mutants be mistaken for gods, demons, and aliens from other worlds. In the comics, Storm's ancestors were worshiped, even taking the title of Sorcerer Supreme at one point. Selene Gallio was worshiped as was Apocalypse.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 10-28-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That sounds like he won't care about what stories Fox has or hasn't told. He'll tell the ones he wants to tell. I like that, don't be afraid to go over ground already covered if you think you can do it better.

Or rather unused ideas from 18 years ago. Like the way Cyclops’ powers emerged in Apocalypse was originally for X1 or Styker having a connection to the Sentinel program in DOFP was originally for X2.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-28-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Sadie Sink for young Jean Grey!

And hopefully this leads to some retconning for Molly Hernandez in Runaways.

If you asked me how to bring in the X-Men, I would use the upcoming Eternals film to set them up. Have the Celestials come to Earth and alter the genome to create eternals, deviants, and mutants. Have the Kree come to Earth in a post-credits scene to examine the life on Earth and see if they can imitate the process through the inhuman genome.

From here, have mutants be mistaken for gods, demons, and aliens from other worlds. In the comics, Storm's ancestors were worshiped, even taking the title of Sorcerer Supreme at one point. Selene Gallio was worshiped as was Apocalypse.
    I'm down for all of that!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm calling it now: In the MCU Sentinels will be Stark tech (still waiting for them to reveal the spider that bit Peter was, too).
    You really need to stop this. Especially the bolded. You are complaining about the things that hasn't happened, and has a very little chance of happening in the future.

Kevin Feige on the matter:

Seems like he wants to do the stuff he had planned for the X-Men back at Fox that didn’t happen in the final product.
    As long as what he has planned is not what I am seeing now in his films, I can be a little optimistic. just a little. If his ideas went back 18 years it should be very different from what we see now. Marvel was different 18 years. The Marvel I liked.

I have a feeling his plans have evolved since he worked at Fox, but I also agree that he probably had a vision for the X-men that he never got to do. When the first X-men movie came out, there was a concerted effort to tone down the camp and make it more realistic. The scars of Batman and Robin had not yet healed. Feige has shown that he places a big emphasis on embracing the colorful parts of Marvel characters, right down to the talking raccoons. I think he'll use a similar approach to the X-men. It's just a matter of how he'll fit that into the post-Avengers 4 MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The scars of Batman and Robin had not yet healed. Feige has shown that he places a big emphasis on embracing the colorful parts of Marvel characters, right down to the talking raccoons. I think he'll use a similar approach to the X-men. It's just a matter of how he'll fit that into the post-Avengers 4 MCU.
    If Feige is going to use a similar approach, he will be setting himself up for a major reaction of disappointment. The naysayers coming out saying we told you so. It is the marvel formula redux on X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    If Feige is going to use a similar approach, he will be setting himself up for a major reaction of disappointment. The naysayers coming out saying we told you so. It is the marvel formula redux on X-Men.
    I don't know; the MCU seems to have cracked the code for making successful superhero movies and it's not like the X-Men don't have their goofy concepts in the source material.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know; the MCU seems to have cracked the code for making successful superhero movies and it's not like the X-Men don't have their goofy concepts in the source material.
    The code was successful for other marvel characters little was know about. Marvel characters that needed a cinematic universe. Use that code on X-Men, it will be huge disappointment, X-Men had successful superhero movies too, successful for choosing not to use the same code as MCU. The first X-Men film in the MCU will be the 13th overall X-Men movie. Why redux it to Infinity War and talking racoons again. X-Men has some to a little goofy concept in their source material, doesn't mean X-Men has a goofy reputation. 90% of the X-Men source material is not goofy.

The code was successful for other marvel characters little was know about.
    Yeah, like Spider-Man. It was so sad when the MCU version flopped and everyone was hugely disappointed... Both fans and critics really hated, it was a complete failure.

Amazing Member

The code was successful for other marvel characters little was know about. Marvel characters that needed a cinematic universe. Use that code on X-Men, it will be huge disappointment, X-Men had successful superhero movies too, successful for choosing not to use the same code as MCU. The first X-Men film in the MCU will be the 13th overall X-Men movie. Why redux it to Infinity War and talking racoons again. X-Men has some to a little goofy concept in their source material, doesn't mean X-Men has a goofy reputation. 90% of the X-Men source material is not goofy.
    Yeah right, and also I want to say that I am a Disney shareholder that voted in favor of the Disney-Fox deal so that our mutants can come to the MCU.

PSA - Just so you know, the MCU vs XCU doesn't go over very well on these boards. The mods are sick to death of it.