Page 122 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4870
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    PSA - Just so you know, the MCU vs XCU doesn't go over very well on these boards. The mods are sick to death of it.
    Oh MarvelGirl is well aware of that. Won’t stop Em from making the same post a dozen times though

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The code was successful for other marvel characters little was know about.
    And Spider-Man.

Marvel characters that needed a cinematic universe. Use that code on X-Men, it will be huge disappointment, X-Men had successful superhero movies too, successful for choosing not to use the same code as MCU. The first X-Men film in the MCU will be the 13th overall X-Men movie. Why redux it to Infinity War and talking racoons again.
    In actuality, the different MCU movies do alter the tone to fit the story in question, like how Winter Soldier is more serious then Ant-Man. Based on their past record, I'm sure that if and when an MCU X-Men movie gets green-lit, it will have the proper tone needed for the kind of movie it will be.

X-Men has some to a little goofy concept in their source material, doesn't mean X-Men has a goofy reputation. 90% of the X-Men source material is not goofy.
    And yet one of their most popular stories involves time travel and giant killer robots.

(Also, I think Infinity War shows that humor doesn't make something inherently goofy. Or Guardians of the Galacy Vol. 2, for that matter. Really funny movie, but solid character work and an emotional ending that arguably more resonate then a lot of the others in the genre, X-Men included.) In any event, seeing as we don't know exactly what Marvel Studios has in mind for the X-Men, can we give it a rest until something actually happens? It's impossible to tell whether Marvel will make good or bad X-Men movies when they haven't done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, like Spider-Man. It was so sad when the MCU version flopped and everyone was hugely disappointed... Both fans and critics really hated, it was a complete failure.
    Except they didn't.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And Spider-Man.

Except they didn't.
    The code for a good Spider-Man was used in Spider-Man (2002-2004) and Into the Spidervese. The best Spider-Man film since Spider-Man 2. I am still tingling from Into the spiderverse. I find it easier never to bring up their code when I discuss anything X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman related for marvel's own good.

In actuality, the different MCU movies do alter the tone to fit the story in question, like how Winter Soldier is more serious then Ant-Man. Based on their past record, I'm sure that if and when an MCU X-Men movie gets green-lit, it will have the proper tone needed for the kind of movie it will be.
    Winter Solider was more serious than their usual outings. The movie is far from thought-provoking or as fully serious as X-Men has shown itself to be and should be.
    And yet one of their most popular stories involves time travel and giant killer robots
    Are you saying DOFP is a goofy movie for the killer robots and time travel.

(Also, I think Infinity War shows that humor doesn't make something inherently goofy. Or Guardians of the Galacy Vol. 2, for that matter. Really funny movie, but solid character work and an emotional ending that arguably more resonate then a lot of the others in the genre, X-Men included.) In any event, seeing as we don't know exactly what Marvel Studios has in mind for the X-Men, can we give it a rest until something actually happens? It's impossible to tell whether Marvel will make good or bad X-Men movies when they haven't done anything.
    Neither Infinity War or Guardians of the galaxy should ever be the teaching guide book for X-Men. I don't see these movies as xmen stories in comics or films. I have excluded X-Men since I have witnessed more solid character work and emotional endings that left a mark. The movies don't shift its tone and is built on total seriousness and deeper character bonding, X-men that is.

I totally forgot this thread, started to think about it again after I saw Into The Spidervese. A CBM with no connection to a cinematic universe exceeds beyond anyones expectations. Best CBM this year. Hearing Disney passed on the writers of the movie is bittersweet. They go to Sony and give us the best Spiderman film since Spider-Man 2. In the future of X-Men, how many great people will Disney pass off on for X-Men to stick to their code that X-Men has shown it doesn't need. If X-Men can have their own separate universe as others have suggested on the tv/film forum, things would not have to change much bringing in creative fresh-minds as the people from into the spidervese, who would stick around.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 12-20-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I can't wait to see how the X-Men are introduced in the MCU. There's a lot of potential with a bunch of characters who haven't really gotten time to shine

Astonishing Member

I don’t if it will be good or bad, but marvel movies have pretty good track record, so here’s hoping.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I can't wait to see how the X-Men are introduced in the MCU. There's a lot of potential with a bunch of characters who haven't really gotten time to shine
    More often than not, we'd get the same thing Fox gave us. Focus on the same stale characters while shafting many others.

On the one hand, some people on twitter got me loving the idea of Jason Momoa as Sabretooth. That's a perfect match. Compared to the lame Fox versions of him we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    More often than not, we'd get the same thing Fox gave us. Focus on the same stale characters while shafting many others.

On the one hand, some people on twitter got me loving the idea of Jason Momoa as Sabretooth. That's a perfect match. Compared to the lame Fox versions of him we got.
    Heh I actually Liev Schreiber was one of the only good parts of Origins. Really loved that character. I do expect Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm to still be center stage but the rest of the team could be completely different. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if they shift Wolverine into a general MCU character and give him a reduced role in the X-Men movies

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Heh I actually Liev Schreiber was one of the only good parts of Origins. Really loved that character.
    Many share that opinion. I just think he's overrated. He wasn't given a good role in that film. And he just didn't have a good look or build / body for Sabretooth. And Tyler Mane was just bad ALL the way around....

But Momoa would be perfect.

Imo, Sabretooth needs to look feral and dangerous. But also needs to be able to pull that hair back and be a cunning human predator as well. Like his Weapon X (vol 2) self where he was shown wearing suits & making business deals.

I do expect Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm to still be center stage but the rest of the team could be completely different. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if they shift Wolverine into a general MCU character and give him a reduced role in the X-Men movies
    They'll never reduce Wolverine. That's a dream that's too good to come true. Unless fandom starts getting sick up him in the next 30 years. lol

But Idk how MCU works. I am more familiar with Fox. So no telling what the MCU would have in store. But just seems the X-Franchise is locked in on the pet characters that will receive all the attention. And locked in one what they have decided will be the losers.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-20-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Wow, I love that idea. Not sure he'll get a chance if Aquaman does as well as it's tracking, but that's a really good choice
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Wow, I love that idea. Not sure he'll get a chance if Aquaman does as well as it's tracking, but that's a really good choice
    The idea entered my head briefly, but I wasn't as familiar with Momoa then. Seeing a bit more of him, yeah. That's my Sabretooth! lol

But Hell, Sabretooth isn't an A-list character. Nor is he popular. Which we can tell by his treatment in the comics & half-assed adaptations he tends to get.

So if he even appears in the MCU, he won't be played by anyone worth a quarter or given a good role besides getting beat on.

But JM = Sabretooth is a nice dream.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-20-2018 at 07:54 PM.

The idea entered my head briefly, but I wasn't as familiar with Mamoa then. Seeing a bit more of him, yeah. That's my Sabretooth! lol

But Hell, Sabretooth isn't an A-list character. Nor is he popular. Which we can tell by his treatment in the comics & half-assed adaptations he tends to get.

So if he even appears in the MCU, he won't be played by anyone worth a quarter or given a good role besides getting beat on.

But JM = Sabretooth is a nice dream.
    Who would be your M to Momoa's Sabretooth?
    Make Good Art

Who would be your M to Momoa's Sabretooth?
    Good question. I saw one beautiful girl who I could see as a real life M. But she'd be too young to star as a possible love interest to Momoa. He's 39 and she's he's only 22. Hollywood may not be that bold yet.

But here's her pic. Iman Hammam she's of Arab, Moroccan, and Egyptian heritage. She identifies herself as racially black.

Attachment 75160
    As Monet in the MCU, I could go for her.

If she were to have an adapted relationship with Creed, I'd have to search for older actresses. lol No younger than 28-29 to Momoa's 39-40
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-20-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Ha! I totally get where you're coming from. The age difference would be a little odd. But yeah, she looks perfect otherwise. There's something about that 3rd pic that really says "M" to me personally
    Make Good Art

Ha! I totally get where you're coming from. The age difference would be a little odd. But yeah, she looks perfect otherwise. There's something about that 3rd pic that really says "M" to me personally
    The first pic screams M for me given the kinda smug expression she's got going. lol

But sadly, yeah. The age difference would be too much. But given Creed x M never took off, and is not liable to come up again, we'd be safe. So pairings aside, she'd be a perfect M and Momoa a perfect Victor Creed. The latter would be a villain in any adaptation anyway, which makes a bond with Monet impossible.

The first pic screams M for me given the kinda smug expression she's got going. lol

But sadly, yeah. The age difference would be too much. But given Creed x M never took off, and is not liable to come up again, we'd be safe. So pairings aside, she'd be a perfect M and Momoa a perfect Victor Creed. The latter would be a villain in any adaptation anyway, which makes a bond with Monet impossible.
    That's a good point. I could see it maybe happening in a series, but then Creed would probably only be a recurring character, which would make it even more unlikely for Momoa to appear as Creed.
    Make Good Art