Page 124 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4870
    All-New Member

My running assumption, especially based off what happened with Spider-Man, is that the MCU X-Men will move away from the stuff that's been done to death in the FoXverse. So above all that probably means no Magneto, no Mystique and no Phoenix, at least at first, and maybe a line-up that includes some prominent characters who have been neglected up to now; either ignored or second tier.

I'd love to see them do something with the Hellfire Club, especially since what we got in First Class was different enough from the comics that I don't think people would really connect the two. And the Morlocks have never really been done in the movies, aside from the incredibly half-assed and momentary X3 stuff. Also you have to think the Shi'Ar are tempting, since the Fox movies never went anywhere *near* that and they have already been playing up the cosmic side of the MCU.

I think Magneto will be avoided in the first movie but I def think he will eventually appear. Phoenix IMO will never be done in the MCU. That's a story that will already have been done twice by the time the MCU is chugging around

I’d love to see them start with the Sentinels, like in the cartoon. Pay some lip service to Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants, but we don’t need to see them yet. And definitely work in the Hellfire Club in the Sentinel story too. That would be great. Move into the Mutant Massacre and use Sinister as the big bad there. I agree that we should put Magneto, Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse on the shelf for now.

Over in the R-rated corner, let’s keep moving forward with X-Force. Just establish that, through some silly Deadpool 4th wall breaking, that they are in the MCU already. Easily done with characters like Cable and Deadpool. Some dialogue wherein Wade talks about the fact that SHIELD is on their ass, and that the whole agency really seemed to come out of nowhere. “I guess it’s in response to all the super powered people who seem to be popping up everywhere,” he says. Nathan remarks that SHIELD has been around for a long time, and hunting him for a long time. Deadpool says, “Well how come I never noticed them? And when did you first come back to this time exactly?” Cable sighs and makes some remark about how his jumping through time can cause... “ripples” in the timestream. Wade looks at the audience and says, “Well that’s just highly convenient. We’re in the MCU now, bitches. Deal with it.” And from that point forward, they are. And they can use MCU characters in cameos and whatnot, but for the most part they remain self contained. So we get a Mutant Response Division of SHIELD, maybe headed up by G.W. Bridge with a cameo from his boss, the White House head of Mutant Affairs, Val Cooper. As well as the MLF and some other cool X-Force villains. Perhaps Stryfe. But essentially the Deadpool/X-Force corner of the MCU remains a little R-rated corner that does its own thing, while tangentially being connected to everything else. I think it can work.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think Magneto will be avoided in the first movie but I def think he will eventually appear. Phoenix IMO will never be done in the MCU. That's a story that will already have been done twice by the time the MCU is chugging around
    Ideally, I'd like it if they set up the X-Men to have been operating for a while and have already fought Magneto, and now he's either believed dead or just out there biding his time for a few movies. Audiences know him and don't need him explained, so you could get a lot of mileage out of students wearing 'Magneto was Right' t-shirts, or Prof X. mentioning Erik in an aside, without having to be too heavy handed or divert an earlier movie into pointless exposition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Same here. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Guardians because of the drama with Gunn being fired, so who knows. Maybe it'll just take a while before we see the Starjammers
    Maybe the starjammers replace the guardians

They should start with Dazzler: The Movie, with Miley Cyrus or someone like that as Dazzler, with a tie-in album.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d love to see them start with the Sentinels, like in the cartoon. Pay some lip service to Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants, but we don’t need to see them yet. And definitely work in the Hellfire Club in the Sentinel story too. That would be great. Move into the Mutant Massacre and use Sinister as the big bad there. I agree that we should put Magneto, Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse on the shelf for now.

Over in the R-rated corner, let’s keep moving forward with X-Force. Just establish that, through some silly Deadpool 4th wall breaking, that they are in the MCU already. Easily done with characters like Cable and Deadpool. Some dialogue wherein Wade talks about the fact that SHIELD is on their ass, and that the whole agency really seemed to come out of nowhere. “I guess it’s in response to all the super powered people who seem to be popping up everywhere,” he says. Nathan remarks that SHIELD has been around for a long time, and hunting him for a long time. Deadpool says, “Well how come I never noticed them? And when did you first come back to this time exactly?” Cable sighs and makes some remark about how his jumping through time can cause... “ripples” in the timestream. Wade looks at the audience and says, “Well that’s just highly convenient. We’re in the MCU now, bitches. Deal with it.” And from that point forward, they are. And they can use MCU characters in cameos and whatnot, but for the most part they remain self contained. So we get a Mutant Response Division of SHIELD, maybe headed up by G.W. Bridge with a cameo from his boss, the White House head of Mutant Affairs, Val Cooper. As well as the MLF and some other cool X-Force villains. Perhaps Stryfe. But essentially the Deadpool/X-Force corner of the MCU remains a little R-rated corner that does its own thing, while tangentially being connected to everything else. I think it can work.
    All the more reason for them to get Daf-23 into X-Force...

Mighty Member

We should start with Krakoa since that's when the X-Men as we know it began.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it would work even better to have some big event that creates the need for the Sentinels in the 2nd movie. I would love them to use someone like a Proteus. A mega powerful mutant just going crazy and really scaring the normal people. Someone like that going crazy in public and forcing the X-Men to go public would work better I think that starting right out with the Sentinels.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I agree with Zero Hunter, the Sentinels would work best in the 2nd movie after some event in the first creates the need for them. Still unsure about who to add in the first movie, but somebody like Proteus could work.

My ideal X-Men trilogy would look like this:

Movie 1: ??????????

Movie 2: Sentinels and Morlocks?

Movie 3: Mutant Massacre / Sinister

I think an early version of weapon X would work as antagonist in the first film and would set the tone going ahead. Have them be like a catalyst for Xavier starting the x-men.

I just want to see Disney nail the casting for Cyclops and nail a proper portrayal for him. Captain America's popularity absolutely exploded after the Winter Soldier solo film and I think that's because they got an excellent fit for the character and portrayed the character well. Before the MCU movies, I don't think Captain America was that popular in the mainstream world. Now he's a cultural icon

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I just want to see Disney nail the casting for Cyclops and nail a proper portrayal for him. Captain America's popularity absolutely exploded after the Winter Soldier solo film and I think that's because they got an excellent fit for the character and portrayed the character well. Before the MCU movies, I don't think Captain America was that popular in the mainstream world. Now he's a cultural icon
    Def need someone who can emote without having to use his eyes. As long as they find someone who can do that and have good writing, Scott will be set IMO

Amazing Member

1st movie: Represent 70s era (ANAD team)
    Plot: Mutant Registry arc
    Main villains - Hellfire Club
    Side villains - Mystiques Brotherhood(introduce Rogue)

2nd movie: Represent 80s era (Some members from the Outback team)
    Plot: Mutant Massacre arc
    Main villains: Mr sinister and the Marauders
    Side villains: Morlocks

3rd movie: Represent 90s era (Blue+Gold team)
    Plot: Magneto War
    Main villains: Magneto and the acolytes
    Side villains: Sentinels (but I would like for them to appear earlier if possible)

Boom! Easy trilogy right there. If we can get a 4th movie, do a AoA story

They need to hire me ASAP
    Last edited by DragonflyJones; 01-01-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I just hope we get some of the real drama Claremont brought to the books, I really want some deep stories that represent how mutants are really hated and discriminated against in extreme ways and put into movies. I don’t want mutant avengers but I get a feeling that’s what we’ll get from Disvel.
    Can you imagine God Loves, Man Kills on the big screen. It would be so heart wrenching and would play so well in for today's audiences.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.