Page 126 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4870
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Marvel planning not to use Wolverine?

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/01/0...lverine-rumor/

If this is true, that was fast. MCU realised he is more of a Punisher /Dardevil character. How much of X-Men stories is MCU going to use.
    I must be missing something here because I don't see that suggested anywhere in the quote. If anything, it sounds the exact opposite.

The person literally says that if you don't like the idea of solo X-Men spin off movies/series than you are definitely not gonna like Fiege's plans INCLUDING wolverine.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    When the reboot happens what does everyone think the team will be. I have a hard time believing that Storm, Cyclops and Jean won't be on it. I could see Wolverine sitting the first film to get audiences to connect with other characters and not have him steal the show from the off.
    I said in another thread I would like to see them start out with a cast of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Polaris, Beast, Colossus, with Storm joining up at the end (I know the SJW crowd will bitch about everyone being white, but I would have no problem if they wanted to race bend Cyclops and Polaris). I really want them to bring in Polaris early since in the MCU she will be the only child of Magneto since Wanda and Pietro are already off the table as the cinematic universe is set up now.I agree about holding off on Wolverine until the 2nd movie 100%. Maybe mention a wild mutant up in Canada in a post credit scene they are going to need to investigate.

Honestly Wolverine already had the most shine in the Fox films. The other X-Men need some shine now. Introduce Wolverine in a different MCU movie and then Logan can become a member of the New Avengers movie that will eventually come out. That way you can focus on developing X-Men Fox never bothered on

It is ridiculous that people think that Marvel won't use Wolverine because he was used a lot in other franchise.

Logan is the most popular X character. I am sure he will be the first one to get solo movie.

Hopefully MCU will finally give Gambit a try to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is ridiculous that people think that Marvel won't use Wolverine because he was used a lot in other franchise.

Logan is the most popular X character. I am sure he will be the first one to get solo movie.
    I feel sorry for whoever has to take over the role; viewers aren't always very kind to the new guy, when their predecessor was extremely popular.

Hopefully MCU will finally give Gambit a try to shine.
    That would kinda ruin the running joke that it can't get made.

Seriously, I wonder if a lighthearted heist movie might work well for the character?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I feel sorry for whoever has to take over the role; viewers aren't always very kind to the new guy, when their predecessor was extremely popular.

That would kinda ruin the running joke that it can't get made.

Seriously, I wonder if a lighthearted heist movie might work well for the character?
    Recasted Wolverine can be great. I love Jckman as Wolverine and Logan was a great end. But Logan was about old Wolverine. I don't think that The Wolverine was good. It had potential but it wasn't good enough. There are tons of cool things that may be used in Wolverine solo tht never were uswd in FOX movies.

I don't think that Gambit would be a lighthearted movie if it will be made in MCU. Antman was a lightheated movie. If Gambit would be done then I think it will be hard on criminal world. More like John Wick with thieves and huge Thieves World.

Recasted Wolverine can be great. I love Jckman as Wolverine and Logan was a great end. But Logan was about old Wolverine. I don't think that The Wolverine was good. It had potential but it wasn't good enough. There are tons of cool things that may be used in Wolverine solo tht never were uswd in FOX movies.
    You mean the movie with Wolverine in Japan? I thought it was pretty good, but fair enough.

Sure, there's plenty of stuff the Fox movies never touched that could be used onscreen. I just wonder if the next Wolverine actor is going to get a lot of flak for not being Hugh Jackman, with their actual performance not being considered.

I don't think that Gambit would be a lighthearted movie if it will be made in MCU. Antman was a lightheated movie. If Gambit would be done then I think it will be hard on criminal world. More like John Wick with thieves and huge Thieves World.
    Fair enough that the Ant-Man movies already have the lighthearted heist thing. Gambit always struck me as a character who's at least creating a cheerful, joking persona as he goes through his adventures, so that was the first thing that came to mind.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Hey, Ben affleck was considered great fr batman, so if the most popular superhero of all time can be recast, so can wolverine

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

People are gonna bitch and moan regardless once a new Wolverine is casted but as long as the performance is good I doubt many will care in the long run.

Mighty Member

X2 let go of the complex religious allegories for complex social prejudice allegories from Stryker's story though Nightcrawler was the mutant with the complex religious views. The allegory was still in the film.
    No it wasn't. Stryker was just a generic military scientist. The allegory of a fire and brimstone preacher who used his ethos as a preacher to turn religion, a word that means "binding" into a force of social destruction, a commentary on the rise of the televangelists at the time, was lost. Just because Nightcrawler was in there with complex religious views does not change the fact that Fox did not go through the with the sinister minister storyline.

None of those allegories will be in any future X-Men movies. Did we see any complex allegories in Black Panther. I don't think it is somehow magically going to happen with X-Men.
    This line is a non sequitur at best in this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    No it wasn't. Stryker was just a generic military scientist. The allegory of a fire and brimstone preacher who used his ethos as a preacher to turn religion, a word that means "binding" into a force of social destruction, a commentary on the rise of the televangelists at the time, was lost. Just because Nightcrawler was in there with complex religious views does not change the fact that Fox did not go through the with the sinister minister storyline.

Stryker had a bone to pick with mutants. the death of wife/the down fall of his kid. Xavier failed to help his kid. He wanted a cure for his but could not understand mutation was not a disease. That was a tragic character driven to his own destruction not a generic villain. X-Men origins is the movie that Stryker is a generic military scientist as he had no real back story or motive to anything he did. Stryker will have been one of the best villains if X2 was in the MCU since MCU usually have no good villains apart from Loki. When last I heard about religion, it was Captain America, a man from the 40s making a joke about God fashion’s sense that’s the best MCU has done with religious allegories.

This line is a non sequitur at best in this argument.
    I can only point out the best MCU has done with allegories as a guideline to what X-Men will be. Black Panther not Homecoming as those sources thinks may be a bigger influence on X-Men's allegories. A movie that so little scratched the surface of any allegories to X2.
    For the 13th x-men movie . MCU should not be using their own movies as a guideline for X-Men. Spiderman Homecoming, of all the MCU movies to influence X-Men. Better it stays a rumour. Into the spiderverse will be a better guideline if MCU doesn't want to use X2 due to the story-depth and tone as a guide to their own films.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    People are gonna bitch and moan regardless once a new Wolverine is casted but as long as the performance is good I doubt many will care in the long run.

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/01/0...lverine-rumor/
    In all actuality, Feige could want to hold off on using Wolverine for a while, simply for the reason that there are a lot of other X-Men characters yet to be used. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens. If they’re giving Wolverine his own show at Disney +, it’d be interesting to see how toned down the character will be, as fans finally got a brutal version of the character in Logan, after years of PG-13 movies.

The source does claim fans will be angry about how MCU may use Wolverine. Take it with a grain of salt, though I admit it makes sense for Disney. Wolverine is not that different from Deadpool and Deadpool is already going pg 13.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-10-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I said in another thread I would like to see them start out with a cast of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Polaris, Beast, Colossus, with Storm joining up at the end (I know the SJW crowd will bitch about everyone being white, but I would have no problem if they wanted to race bend Cyclops and Polaris). I really want them to bring in Polaris early since in the MCU she will be the only child of Magneto since Wanda and Pietro are already off the table as the cinematic universe is set up now.I agree about holding off on Wolverine until the 2nd movie 100%. Maybe mention a wild mutant up in Canada in a post credit scene they are going to need to investigate.
    they shouldn't race bend anyone. keep to the source material. there are a ton of diverse x-men, no need to change race. this will upset fans

Mighty Member

Stryker will have been one of the best villains if X2 was in the MCU since MCU usually have no good villains apart from Loki.
    I love that you insist on derailing a conversation about God Loves, Man Kills vs. X2 by attempting to use "well, the MCU has done worse" defense. It comes off as wanting to rant and rave at worst and lacking an argument for the current topic at best.

Stryker had a bone to pick with mutants. the death of wife/the down fall of his kid. Xavier failed to help his kid. He wanted a cure for his but could not understand mutation was not a disease. That was a tragic character driven to his own destruction not a generic villain.
    Stryker in X2 is ultimately leaps from "mutation is a disease and should be cured" to "kill all the mutants on Earth" and "use mutants as weapons." Sounds less like a tragic character are more like an excuse to indulge in sadism. A tragic character like Macbeth or even Mr. Freeze saw how far they dropped. Stryker was proud of the fall from grace and even the Weapon X Program. Still, I can accept this.

What I cannot accept is the change in methodology. Strkyer in the comics is the silvertongue, a man whose zeal and words could sway the masses and how the same words led to his own downfall.

In the film, Stryker needs to fake a crisis in order to get what he wants, his underlings were not swayed by his charisma or were already opportunists, and he dies ranting about his life's work rather than being publicly discredited. Stryker was publicly discredited on live television where as film Stryker was discredited posthumously.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    they shouldn't race bend anyone. keep to the source material. there are a ton of diverse x-men, no need to change race. this will upset fans
    I'm inclined to agree. The X-Men roster is massive and there are a ton of characters I would like to see like Sunfire or Armor.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I honestly wouldn't mind if Wolverine didn't join the X-MEN for 2 or 3 movie's.

Wolverine vs Hulk
    New Avengers
    Wolverine Solo Film

He can go all over the MCU. But he'll most likely be in X1 from the start.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Wolverine didn't join the X-MEN for 2 or 3 movie's.

Wolverine vs Hulk
    New Avengers
    Wolverine Solo Film

He can go all over the MCU. But he'll most likely be in X1 from the start.
    This would be the best scenario imo. You still introduce a popular character but in the X-Men, characters that haven't gotten exposure get to shine. Too damn bad that the Hulk solo movies have such weird issues. A Hulk/Wolverine movie is all I've ever wanted lol