Page 129 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4870

Just give me one SNIKT! in the post credits scene. That’s all I ask.

Can't wait till we start getting news about their plans going forward

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 03-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Yay !!! great news....Storm in Black Panther 2 is what I'm most looking forward if true. They have enough time to work her on the script and cast her if the deal is done next week.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Very likely will be X-Men stories Disney+ is developing an animated Marvel What If series.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...arvel-studios/

I love What if so very excited by this.
    Actually it would be really great to have a new X-Men Animated series. Look how many people on this forum have said they got started with the 90's animated series. If it were done well, it could bring in a new generation of X-Men fans. That's what this franchise needs is new blood. Someone in one of the general forums mentioned that the X-Men were a fun little "side" group and I felt like telling them Hey, at one point the X-Men were THE group in Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Actually it would be really great to have a new X-Men Animated series. Look how many people on this forum have said they got started with the 90's animated series. If it were done well, it could bring in a new generation of X-Men fans. That's what this franchise needs is new blood. Someone in one of the general forums mentioned that the X-Men were a fun little "side" group and I felt like telling them Hey, at one point the X-Men were THE group in Marvel comics.
    If set in the MCU I feel a What if Quicksilver lived would be a given IMO. But in general I'd like a New X-Men animated series with characters like Armor, Pixie, Triage, Goldballs, Cuckoos, Hellion, Wind Dancer, Surge, Rockslide, Icarus, Dust, Anole, Match, Wolf Cub, Nature Girl, Onyx, Mercury, Gentle, Elixir, Prodigy, Wither, Wallflower, Shark Girl, Etc. Just to see characters not usually highlighted in films or TV.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-12-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Question outside of Deadpool it's a safe bet a Reboot will happen so would it be best for Dark Phoenix for Marvel to wait any announcements or not? I mean on one side you can market it as the last X-Men proper film of the XCU on the other hand it could kill interest if people think it doesn't matter.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Question outside of Deadpool it's a safe bet a Reboot will happen so would it be best for Dark Phoenix for Marvel to wait any announcements or not? I mean on one side you can market it as the last X-Men proper film of the XCU on the other hand it could kill interest if people think it doesn't matter.
    Kevin Feige hinted that the Fox version of Deadpool is not going to be in the MCU. He straight up said those films are not a part of the timeline.

The Last Stand and The Dark Knight Rises were marketed as the last films in a series. Nolan even accounced the reboot a year before Rises came out. There has never really been an example of that type of marketing killing interest.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-12-2019 at 11:07 PM.

I think there's already more than a little bit of, "Let's get this done with so we can see what Marvel has up its sleeve for the X-Men" going in, tbh. But, really, the biggest confusion I've heard from casual fans has been "So are they remaking the third one now?" Just a sense of "been there, done that, and it wasn't very good."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But, really, the biggest confusion I've heard from casual fans has been "So are they remaking the third one now?" Just a sense of "been there, done that, and it wasn't very good."
    That’s what people said about Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yay !!! great news....Storm in Black Panther 2 is what I'm most looking forward if true. They have enough time to work her on the script and cast her if the deal is done next week.
    Coogler's BP wasn't perfect, but it was quite formidable, and the female characters shone. It would be such a treat if Ororo's MCU debut was handled by him and his crew, and it would be even cooler if she was the first X-Men character to the screen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I wanna expand on the idea of being introduced to the core cast of soon-to-be X-Men mutants and villains in various movies, as some have suggested, by putting it out there that I'd love that, and love if it all led to a big event movi.

I know that they say the MCU will not be as interconnected after Endgame, but I personally would love to see a gradual introduction. News reports in the back of scenes talking about a school evacuated after a teenage boy began blasting crimson energy from his eyes. An article about a Canadian skier in a doping scandal. Something easily missed if you are paying attention to the scene, but caught on a second viewing.

Then, Captain Marvel 2 introduces a new shapeshifter threat, one who doesnt trigger Skrull sensors, who can go anywhere, be anyone. She always seems to know just where and when to be at the right place, and it might be because of her blind lover. She's infiltrating military bases and black science labs, looking for...something...which turns out to be two teenagers, a young woman with a deadly touch and a boy who looks like a demon. Carol gets sent in because of the military connection, thinking it'll be easy. Instead, Irene gets shot, Mystique goes berserk, and the girl touches Carol at the end of the climactic battle. Carol goes into a coma, the boy bamfs his mothers and sister away, and the stinger is the girl, with a white streak in her hair now, approaching a stately mansion in upstate New York, looking terrified and traumatized and desperate.

Then in Black Panther 2, we get introduced to a young woman from Kenya who is worshipped like a goddess, and who has strange powers.

Then in Ant-Man, Cassie goes to school with a quiet but friendly, delightfully dorky Jewish girl who can run through walls.

Guardians of the Galaxy introduce the Shi'ar and the concept of their gods...including a certain firebird.

Basically, have non-X-Men movies introduce a character here, or setting (Hellfire Club gets a shout out in a Doctor Strange movie?) or threat (Trask Industries, in whatever tech hero gets a movie to take Iron Man's place?) there. Some will be minor callouts, like Shadowcat being teenage Cassie's classmate, others would be bigger impact, like Mystique and Rogue, but at every turn, the 'established' heroes are scrambling to explain who these people are and how they got their powers and why so many of them are popping up all of a sudden.

And then we get Avengers vs X-Men, in which the established heroes decide these new Infinity Stone-powered superhumans, or 'mutants', are too dangerous. Maybe Magneto arrives on the scene, and the Avengers and X-Men both show up to deal with him, and meet for the first time. They get distracted in the customary hero vs hero battle, Magneto gets away, there's a lot of resentment on all sides, We get to see the X-Men we've gotten glimpses at come together for the first time and fight the heroes we know and love already, but then they ALL come together against something bigger (Magneto, or Trask unleashing Sentinels that end up being a threat to EVERYONE), leading to a resolution full of tension about the status of these new mutants, and what it means for MCU earth going forward.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-13-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Marvel's mistake back then was not to include Avengers in the X-Men TAS. They could have made them more popular. I hope they mix everyone in the shows and not separate them. People/children need to know that the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, and the Avengers are from the same company and complement each other. Even though the X-Men TAS series was great, we're living in a Post-MCU world where X-Men fans want in.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Marvel's mistake back then was not to include Avengers in the X-Men TAS. They could have made them more popular. I hope they mix everyone in the shows and not separate them. People/children need to know that the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, and the Avengers are from the same company and complement each other. Even though the X-Men TAS series was great, we're living in a Post-MCU world where X-Men fans want in.
    Bear in mind that the Avengers were absolute nobodies until the movies came along. They had their shot at a wretched animated series in the 90s but Fox knew better than to mix them up with the very successful X-Men. How things change.

That's a pretty cohesive approach, zinderel, and one that would definitely work. I think I like the idea of an X-Men movie first, before AvX, but I could see a studio thinking your way. I also love the Infinity Stone-altered humans=mutants, since that retroactively makes Wanda and Pietro mutants. It works for me, but I would use the Eternals movie as a chance to say that back in the day the Celestials(of which Ego was one) implanted the genetic potential for godhood into humans, and the Stones being used together on Earth just turned it on for some(and the Eternals and Deviants, of which Thanos was one, tie into all of that as well).

I'm all for pre-Storm goddess Ororo in BP2, Wolvie vs Hulk and maybe a Colossus/Magik cameo in Black Widow, and Cyke/Shi'ar/Corsair thing in Eternals or GoG3. Hellfire Club in Dr. Strange is an interesting idea, if done with some panache(maybe a Selene Black Queen focus?) and so is Kitty in Ant-Man(but is there really an Ant-Man3 movie on the horizon?). Very smart world building that can happen in the currently developing movies soon to come out.

I'm definitely onboard for Rogue, Destiny, and Mystique for Cap Marvel 2. That would be incredible. I don't know about Kurt being there, I really like his Roma upbringing and circus showmanship. I think he and Piotr can be introduced well in a Giant Sized X-Men type movie(which I would do before any AvX type movie). In fact, I would use the Krakoa incident(however reimagined, though the Sokovia-level-event of two college girls throwing an island into space would be nice symmetry) as the mutant event that really puts the mutants on the radar for the Powers that Be and initiates any Sentinel program. Which, I would have be reverse-engineered from Stark Iron Man designs, and UN sanctioned in a Sokovia Accords type Mutant Registration Act.

Then, because Carol gets attacked by unregistered evil mutants, the Avengers take a personal interest in the matter, and the fact that the X-Men took Rogue in could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in an AvX movie(even though Prof X brought Carol out of her coma and restored her personality/memories). But I think it all works better if you give it time to breathe(maybe that's where the Disney + live action shows come in). I'd like to see the X-Men fight Rogue before having to take her in. I'd like to see some of the X-men develop relationships with Carol immediately after her attack(maybe even a whole Brood Saga/Binary Cap Marvel 3 costarring Wolvie and Storm), before Rogue joins. You have to let these things open up for full effect. That would make their confrontation in AvX all the more interesting.

This climate is then the perfect time to do a big Magneto story. Have him be a charismatic revolutionary/terrorist, in defiance of the UN Mutant Registration Act, breaking mutant migrants out of slave camps on the island of Genosha, attacking military bases, fighting the Avengers to a stand still on his own. Then he becomes a lightning rod to draw his Acolytes, and they live in space on their own station(maybe even repurposed Krakoa as a symbol of defiance and ever present threat?).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-13-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!