Page 13 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I woulder how soon the MCU X-MEN film will go into production?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I woulder how soon the MCU X-MEN film will go into production?
    I'm thinking it'll kick off Phase V. But with the concept of Mutants, Mutant oppression, and various individual future X-Men and related characters sprinkled through Phase IV.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    The point of "you're a dick" was not so much that Scott really was, but that Logan was the kind of jerk who would say that to his teammate, whereas "Mystique impersonating Logan" would have not known to act so hostile toward an ally.
    I did like how Logan 'flipped him off' with the middle claw, and Scott just sort of smirked. It was cool to see that neither of them was taking the animosity all that seriously, at that point.

read it as Scott being a wimp. It was wordplay. When Scott says, "She wouldn't have to be my girl if I have to tell you," he means "I am confident that Jean's affections and loyalties lie with me, not you." But following it up with "Stay away from my girl" didn't mean "But I am not confident really." It meant "Even though you would fail, I don't need the drama of you trying, so back off."
    Unfortunately, I got the same reaction as the previous poster, that the second line undercut the first line entirely, and made it seem like Scott didn't trust or deserve Jean, and that Logan was the obvious choice the writers were pushing. That annoyed me.

If they were going for something deeper, I don't think they sold it. Something like 'we don't need your high school love-triangle drama, just cut it out and act like a grown up' would have worked better for me.

BANNED

Random idea I just had for the post-credit scene of Avengers 4:

THE STREETS OF NEW YORK. PEDESTRIANS HURRY ALONG THE SIDEWALK, WHILE HEAVY TRAFFIC MAKES ITS WAY ALONG THE STREET. SUDDENLY, A LARGE EXPLOSION OF ENERGY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD RATTLES THE BLOCK. PEDESTRIANS SCATTER, CARS VEER OUT OF THE WAY AND CRASH. AS THE BALL OF ENERGY FADES TWO FIGURES EMERGE..CABLE AND DEADPOOL (Josh Brolin and Ryan Reynolds).

WADE: Where the hell are we?

CABLE: (Checking his time slide device) New York City, right when we left it.

WADE: Yeah, you might want to check that thing again, Doc Brown, 'cause this isn't the New York I remember from the last movie.

CABLE: (Glares) I do know how to use this.

WADE: (Pointing) Well then would you explain where the f--- (uncensored F-bomb, the MCU's first!) THAT came from?

ANGLE ON: AVENGERS TOWER

WADE: (V.O) It sure as hell wasn't there before we left!

ANGLE ON: CABLE

CABLE: (Frowns) Huh.

ANGLE ON: WADE AND CABLE. WADE TURNS AND GLARES AT CABLE.

WADE: What's "Huh?"

CABLE: When you travel into the past there's no way of knowing how those changes can impact the present. Even the smallest alteration to the course of history can rippled outward—

WADE: Yeah, yeah. We've all seen EVERY TIME TRAVEL MOVIE EVER. (Sighs) Well isn't this just a clusterf- (Stops himself) Oh! Oh I'm sorry! I forgot we're owned by Disney now!

SIRENS BLARE IN THE DISTANCE. CABLE SCOWLS AS HE SWEEPS HIS EYES ACROSS THE GATHERING CROWD.

CABLE: Come on. We better get off the streets. We can figure out just what the hell has happened in this time and find the rest of the X-Men later. If they still even exist.

WADE: Hey! You watch your mouth, this isn't R-rated anymore, you know. Kids could be watching, even though these movies still have levels of violence and suggestive themes that are in no way appropriate for—

CABLE DRAGS WADE OFF AND SHOULDERS THROUGH THE CROWD.

WADE: —Yaaaah!

CUT TO BLACK.

WADE: I'm sure the fanboys are already flocking to the internet to complain about the casting. And the Storm fans are marching on the Magic Kingdom to make her a Disney Princess.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-30-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Bravo! I like it. Would pay to see it, for sure.

BANNED

Had to add one last gag after the Cut to Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Had to add one last gag after the Cut to Black.
    Hahahaha... The Storm bit was the icing on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Hahahaha... The Storm bit was the icing on it.
    I mean it really just wrote itself. ;-D

If they were to make MCU Deadpool movies, would it really be a good idea to have fourth-wall humor? It doesn't really work in the context of the overall MCU series. (It doesn't work period in context of the Fox X-Men movie series IMHO* -- e.g. the joke about Deadpool wondering which version of Professor X he'll see because of the timeline confusion doesn't work since Deadpool could not have known about the timeline changes.) Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong, but I think it's a fair question if what works in one version of the franchise automatically works in another.

*I will admit that not having seen the Deadpool movies, I can only go off of hearsay (which is not very good for making arguments, but what I've heard makes no sense, unlike how in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they've found ways to have fourth wall humor make sense when crossing over the forth-wall-breaking '80s cartoon with the unbreakable forth-wall-based 2K3 and 2012 Nick cartoons.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If they were to make MCU Deadpool movies, would it really be a good idea to have fourth-wall humor? It doesn't really work in the context of the overall MCU series. (It doesn't work period in context of the Fox X-Men movie series IMHO* -- e.g. the joke about Deadpool wondering which version of Professor X he'll see because of the timeline confusion doesn't work since Deadpool could not have known about the timeline changes.) Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong, but I think it's a fair question if what works in one version of the franchise automatically works in another.

*I will admit that not having seen the Deadpool movies, I can only go off of hearsay (which is not very good for making arguments, but what I've heard makes no sense, unlike how in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they've found ways to have fourth wall humor make sense when crossing over the forth-wall-breaking '80s cartoon with the unbreakable forth-wall-based 2K3 and 2012 Nick cartoons.
    He was talking about the fact that the First Class cast doesn't really age. And yes, he would know.

BANNED

It's Deadpool. Just have the other characters treat his fourth wall breaking the same way they do it in the comics: By thinking he's completely off his gourd (they already do a little of that in the movies. In the first one Wade goes on an extended bit of narration to the audience, while Colossus gets annoyed).

BANNED

Let me solve the problem easily, why can't Deadpool and X-Men just be standalones. Disney could merge with fox and still keep X-Men separate, just let the series continue as it is. The first class cast will fade out with time. Don't release X-Men films under marvel studios but New Fox or Touchstone. What of the Multiple man film that was meant to be inspired by Logan that could potentially lead to X-Factor? What of the New Mutants movie or movies meant to be a horror trilogy? If Disney can keep Disney animation, ABC channel, Dinsey XD, ESPN, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar separate, they can keep X-Men and MCU separate or any other series owned by Fox (Avatar, Aliens, X-Men, Simpsons).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

disney will not keep xmen as is. if you think that's gonna happen u will be sadly mistaken.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Let me solve the problem easily, why can't Deadpool and X-Men just be standalones. Disney could merge with fox and still keep X-Men separate, just let the series continue as it is. The first class cast will fade out with time. Don't release X-Men films under marvel studios but New Fox or Touchstone. What of the Multiple man film that was meant to be inspired by Logan that could potentially lead to X-Factor? What of the New Mutants movie or movies meant to be a horror trilogy? If Disney can keep Disney animation, ABC channel, Dinsey XD, ESPN, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar separate, they can keep X-Men and MCU separate or any other series owned by Fox (Avatar, Aliens, X-Men, Simpsons).
    Why can't Deadpool and X-Men just be standalones ?Because connectivity has been Marvel strength,They aren't bringing in X-men and FF to sit on the side. It won't be a surprise for me in Avengers 4 when everyone is brought back that X-men and FF are brought along into the universe as well. They could have them separate but they won't they are too much big moments for them not to bring these characters all in the same universe. When Kevin Fegie say the universe will have more female heroes than males that is already a tell that X-men is a part of plan the Xmen has the majority of notable female in marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Let me solve the problem easily, why can't Deadpool and X-Men just be standalones. Disney could merge with fox and still keep X-Men separate, just let the series continue as it is.
    They sure can but they already said they are not going to do that. End of story.

But even if they were they'd do a cold, hard, total reboot and ditch the entire Fox-verse except maybe Deadpool off in his own little stand-alone world.