Page 130 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Bear in mind that the Avengers were absolute nobodies until the movies came along. They had their shot at a wretched animated series in the 90s but Fox knew better than to mix them up with the very successful X-Men. How things change.
    The only weird thing is they had no issue crossover everyone else the Hulk series had Iron Man, the FF series had Hulk and cameos by the Avengers also a quick X-Men from TAS cameo and Spider-Man had everyone. There is a good argument to be made that the 90's FF, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, and X-Men series all took place in the same universe making it and the DCAU two of the larger animated universes. But yeah in the 90's the X-Men were so huge they were an island unto themselves there was a point when cut their books down to like 25 or 30 it was a drastic cut due to financial issues and the X-Men related books still took up like close to 10 of the books being published.

Not sure how quickly the X-Men appear but I could see some appearing in other movies:

Storm could appear in BP but only if Coogler wants to do that. If not, a solo movie would work.
    Rogue in Cap Marvel 3 with the whole power stealing story
    Ilyanna in Doctor Strange with the magic connections (I personally see Pietro just being left for the Deadpool movies)
    Wolverine in Cap Marvel 3 or Black Widow 2 or Captain America since these 3 are prob his closest non X-Men friends in the comics (altho last one is almost impossible with Evans leaving)
    Entire 05 cameoing in a movie would work too

I could honestly even see random X-Men being part of the initial team. I think Marvel will focus on creating a strong, diverse roster for the big screen

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Bear in mind that the Avengers were absolute nobodies until the movies came along. They had their shot at a wretched animated series in the 90s but Fox knew better than to mix them up with the very successful X-Men. How things change.
    Which goes to show that with good production, it was actually better than what many people thought. Now Marvel doesn't want to hurt their IP involving themselves with the disaster that is Singerverse leading to the hiatus.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes made up for the 90's thing. The last episode of the original animation was everything. The flagship series now is like a marketing advert for the movies. It is based on Black Panther's adventures to highlight him more since he was such a success.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Not sure how quickly the X-Men appear but I could see some appearing in other movies:

Storm could appear in BP but only if Coogler wants to do that. If not, a solo movie would work.
    Rogue in Cap Marvel 3 with the whole power stealing story
    Ilyanna in Doctor Strange with the magic connections (I personally see Pietro just being left for the Deadpool movies)
    Wolverine in Cap Marvel 3 or Black Widow 2 or Captain America since these 3 are prob his closest non X-Men friends in the comics (altho last one is almost impossible with Evans leaving)
    Entire 05 cameoing in a movie would work too

I could honestly even see random X-Men being part of the initial team. I think Marvel will focus on creating a strong, diverse roster for the big screen
    Mutants should appear in other people's films randomly and form the X-Men in one of their Extinction Level Event storylines à la The Avengers as an act of solidarity.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Which goes to show that with good production, it was actually better than what many people thought. Now Marvel doesn't want to hurt their IP involving themselves with the disaster that is Singerverse leading to the hiatus.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes made up for the 90's thing. The last episode of the original animation was everything. The flagship series now is like a marketing advert for the movies. It is based on Black Panther's adventures to highlight him more since he was such a success.
    I haven't been keeping up with the current series, but yeah, EMH was positively marvelous. It's up there in my top 5 favorite animated series based on comics, along with JL/JLU, X-Men TAS, Young Justice and Batman TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's a pretty cohesive approach, zinderel, and one that would definitely work. I think I like the idea of an X-Men movie first, before AvX, but I could see a studio thinking your way. I also love the Infinity Stone-altered humans=mutants, since that retroactively makes Wanda and Pietro mutants. It works for me, but I would use the Eternals movie as a chance to say that back in the day the Celestials(of which Ego was one) implanted the genetic potential for godhood into humans, and the Stones being used together on Earth just turned it on for some(and the Eternals and Deviants, of which Thanos was one, tie into all of that as well).

I'm all for pre-Storm goddess Ororo in BP2, Wolvie vs Hulk and maybe a Colossus/Magik cameo in Black Widow, and Cyke/Shi'ar/Corsair thing in Eternals or GoG3. Hellfire Club in Dr. Strange is an interesting idea, if done with some panache(maybe a Selene Black Queen focus?) and so is Kitty in Ant-Man(but is there really an Ant-Man3 movie on the horizon?). Very smart world building that can happen in the currently developing movies soon to come out.

I'm definitely onboard for Rogue, Destiny, and Mystique for Cap Marvel 2. That would be incredible. I don't know about Kurt being there, I really like his Roma upbringing and circus showmanship. I think he and Piotr can be introduced well in a Giant Sized X-Men type movie(which I would do before any AvX type movie). In fact, I would use the Krakoa incident(however reimagined, though the Sokovia-level-event of two college girls throwing an island into space would be nice symmetry) as the mutant event that really puts the mutants on the radar for the Powers that Be and initiates any Sentinel program. Which, I would have be reverse-engineered from Stark Iron Man designs, and UN sanctioned in a Sokovia Accords type Mutant Registration Act.

Then, because Carol gets attacked by unregistered evil mutants, the Avengers take a personal interest in the matter, and the fact that the X-Men took Rogue in could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in an AvX movie(even though Prof X brought Carol out of her coma and restored her personality/memories). But I think it all works better if you give it time to breathe(maybe that's where the Disney + live action shows come in). I'd like to see the X-Men fight Rogue before having to take her in. I'd like to see some of the X-men develop relationships with Carol immediately after her attack(maybe even a whole Brood Saga/Binary Cap Marvel 3 costarring Wolvie and Storm), before Rogue joins. You have to let these things open up for full effect. That would make their confrontation in AvX all the more interesting.

This climate is then the perfect time to do a big Magneto story. Have him be a charismatic revolutionary/terrorist, in defiance of the UN Mutant Registration Act, breaking mutant migrants out of slave camps on the island of Genosha, attacking military bases, fighting the Avengers to a stand still on his own. Then he becomes a lightning rod to draw his Acolytes, and they live in space on their own station(maybe even repurposed Krakoa as a symbol of defiance and ever present threat?).
    I LOVE the idea of doing the Brood Saga for Captain Marvel 3, and having that be the path to her repowering. That arc was where I started reading the comics, and I still have all the issues!

I suggested The HFC to appear in Doctor Strange mostly as a nod to it's roots as a posh hangout for the wealthy elite, and thought mainly of it as an Easter egg, like Wong delivering an invitation to a benefit there or something like that, but man...a Doc Strange Vs. Selene movie could be really dang cool...!

I too would prefer to get an X-Men standalone movie, but can see the value in 'rushing' a little by introducing them as something scary, a potential threat, to give us a reason why the world hates and fears them, and not so much the Avengers. But if we got a slower burn, spread more widely across properties, I would be VERY happy about that, too. Imagine seeing a telivized debate between 'Superhero and polymath Reed Richards and noted expert on mutation, Charles Xavier" in the background of a Black Widow movie as an Easter egg that serves no purpose other than establishing that things are happening in the broader MCU on that front. Make it feel real by being casual, at first, then get bigger, and bigger cameos until the team comes together...

I like the idea of Magneto not being the first villain the X-Men fight. I think if we got a standalone X-Men movie before AvX, the villain should be Sentinels, and have the Sentinels do something to trigger Magneto taking the revolutionary path to counter Xavier's 'hopeless' dream of assimilation and harmony. Him doing so - and being powerful enough to take on both teams AND charismatic enough to maybe see a defection or two from both Avengers and X-Men would establish to the world that mutants ARE a terrifying new reality, and that an uncomfortably large percentage of humans would think, "Sure, some of them might not be bad people, but...you just...you can't ever REALLY trust them, you know? I don't want a family of mutants living in my neighborhood! What if they become radicalized? Their kids might go to the same school as MY kids, you know?!"

Really lay the allegory on, thick.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I LOVE the idea of doing the Brood Saga for Captain Marvel 3, and having that be the path to her repowering. That arc was where I started reading the comics, and I still have all the issues!

I suggested The HFC to appear in Doctor Strange mostly as a nod to it's roots as a posh hangout for the wealthy elite, and thought mainly of it as an Easter egg, like Wong delivering an invitation to a benefit there or something like that, but man...a Doc Strange Vs. Selene movie could be really dang cool...!

I too would prefer to get an X-Men standalone movie, but can see the value in 'rushing' a little by introducing them as something scary, a potential threat, to give us a reason why the world hates and fears them, and not so much the Avengers. But if we got a slower burn, spread more widely across properties, I would be VERY happy about that, too. Imagine seeing a telivized debate between 'Superhero and polymath Reed Richards and noted expert on mutation, Charles Xavier" in the background of a Black Widow movie as an Easter egg that serves no purpose other than establishing that things are happening in the broader MCU on that front. Make it feel real by being casual, at first, then get bigger, and bigger cameos until the team comes together...

I like the idea of Magneto not being the first villain the X-Men fight. I think if we got a standalone X-Men movie before AvX, the villain should be Sentinels, and have the Sentinels do something to trigger Magneto taking the revolutionary path to counter Xavier's 'hopeless' dream of assimilation and harmony. Him doing so - and being powerful enough to take on both teams AND charismatic enough to maybe see a defection or two from both Avengers and X-Men would establish to the world that mutants ARE a terrifying new reality, and that an uncomfortably large percentage of humans would think, "Sure, some of them might not be bad people, but...you just...you can't ever REALLY trust them, you know? I don't want a family of mutants living in my neighborhood! What if they become radicalized? Their kids might go to the same school as MY kids, you know?!"

Really lay the allegory on, thick.
    I agree, but it shouldn't be Sentinels. Seems too early after Ultron to just leap into that pool like we should have religious zelots that abandon their faith or in some of their minds believe it is their divine mission to purge all unnatural things.

They're not just gonna say "Lol **** Captain Marvel" and turn her and her movie into just a plot device to get Rogue and Mystique. If they even have a version of that storyline, which I wouldn't count on it, it's not gonna be "Carol is just on a coma by the end of CM2 while Rogue has her powers, watch X-Men to see what happens to her... Captain Marvel? Well whatever who knows what will happen to her lol". That's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're not just gonna say "Lol **** Captain Marvel" and turn her and her movie into just a plot device to get Rogue and Mystique. If they even have a version of that storyline, which I wouldn't count on it, it's not gonna be "Carol is just on a coma by the end of CM2 while Rogue has her powers, watch X-Men to see what happens to her... Captain Marvel? Well whatever who knows what will happen to her lol". That's just ridiculous.
    Finally! Someone understands this.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Priceless. Mickey is the most powerful being in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I have a feeling that we won't get any real announcements about the future of the X-Men in the MCU until SDCC this summer. I don't doubt they already have some plans in the works that they're keeping very secret, but once the deal closes, they can finally hit the ground running with new features.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It also depends if they want Rogue to be that important. I think a lot of people think that Marvel is going to throw out the Avengers and replace them with X-Men and the Fantastic Four. People like the Avengers, and there've been X-Men movies while Avengers movies were being released. Rogue could probably take Wonder Man's powers or they can invent a character for the story. The MCU's Captain Marvel isn't the same one from the 80's. They changed her origins, and they'll probably change others as well to avoid complicated on-screen storytelling.

Honestly, though, narrative storytelling speaking, what can you do with Captain Marvel other than depower her(Rogue) and then go on a journey to regain her powers(Binary Brood Saga)? Not only are those beloved comic stories, but they are the only place to go with a super-powerful character like what the end of Captain Marvel shows. Even Thor had to be humbled at some point. Vision too. I think there is a way to tell these stories that still show Carol as an empowered human being through it all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, though, narrative storytelling speaking, what can you do with Captain Marvel other than depower her(Rogue) and then go on a journey to regain her powers(Binary Brood Saga)? Not only are those beloved comic stories, but they are the only place to go with a super-powerful character like what the end of Captain Marvel shows. Even Thor had to be humbled at some point. Vision too. I think there is a way to tell these stories that still show Carol as an empowered human being through it all.
    Endgame Rumor so take with a huge grain of salt

spoilers:
    Rumor is she's a Red Herring as a Dias Ex Machina to stop Thanos and I heard this before Captain Marvel came out but she got her powers from the tesseract which was powered by the Space Stone which Thanos now controls and he basically pulls a Rogue on her in Endgame.
    end of spoilers