Page 131 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4870

Thanks for spoilers tag on rumour. Tryin to stay away from spoilers as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Endgame Rumor so take with a huge grain of salt

spoilers:
    Rumor is she's a Red Herring as a Dias Ex Machina to stop Thanos and I heard this before Captain Marvel came out but she got her powers from the tesseract which was powered by the Space Stone which Thanos now controls and he basically pulls a Rogue on her in Endgame.
    end of spoilers
    I hope they don't do that, but who knows?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

There's a million ways to do the Rogue story without a coma, Brood, or Binary. Nothing we've seen on screen has been anything more than "inspired-by-the-comics". All you need is a sneak attack, a young girl out of her depth, and a team-up after a Mystique reveal. Give us a CM2 with Carol being a pilot and regaining her powers.

Rogue arriving at Xavier's can be mid-credits scene. ROGUE WILL RETURN

BANNED

The level of delusion involved in railroading a $1 billion character whose advertizing relied on female empowerment, just to give an X-Men supporting character a backstory and more powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The level of delusion involved in railroading a $1 billion character whose advertizing relied on female empowerment, just to give an X-Men supporting character a backstory and more powers...
    Wait what? I think a CM2 with Rogue(Mystique) antagonist would be a great MCU story.

Not to mention it will almost certainly make Rogue instantly unlikeable to most.

Yea I don’t get that either. I really doubt Rogue even appears in CM2. They are already setting up Monica to be a MCU player in the sequel. Don’t see Rogue and Mystique hijacking that

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Endgame Rumor so take with a huge grain of salt

spoilers:
    Rumor is she's a Red Herring as a Dias Ex Machina to stop Thanos and I heard this before Captain Marvel came out but she got her powers from the tesseract which was powered by the Space Stone which Thanos now controls and he basically pulls a Rogue on her in Endgame.
    end of spoilers
    Please, just don't.

X-men deserve a proper introduction.

As if the MCU didn't dust $1.3b BP just months after his record breaking, cultural tour de force solo film. And Rogue, Mystique, and Destiny are powerful female figures in their own right(and the maiden-mother-crone, now that I think of it...), so it wouldn't be off message in the end. It's a strong story, one of, if not the strongest in Carol's canon. I can't see the MCU leaving it on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Please, just don't.

X-men deserve a proper introduction.
    One I didn't create that rumor and two how does it stop a proper X-Men introduction if true?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Not to mention it will almost certainly make Rogue instantly unlikeable to most.
    Rogue had to work to earn the respect of the X-Men in the comics too. If they play into her troubled youth aspect, and show that she's being controlled by Mystique and Destiny, she can easily be redeemed in the eyes of the audience. Modern stories almost always go for moral relativism anyways. The 'best' characters are often at least a little bad. Doesn't seem to stop audiences from enjoying them. Quite the contrary in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As if the MCU didn't dust $1.3b BP just months after his record breaking, cultural tour de force solo film. And Rogue, Mystique, and Destiny are powerful female figures in their own right(and the maiden-mother-crone, now that I think of it...), so it wouldn't be off message in the end. It's a strong story, one of, if not the strongest in Carol's canon. I can't see the MCU leaving it on the shelf.
    False equivalence. You cannot compare 'The Snap' that literally killed half the universe with Rogue stealing Carol's powers.

The rest of the Marvel is not just a stepping stone for X-Men characters. Or vice versa.

Turning T'Challa into dust is even worse than doing one of Carol's most iconic stories. One completely invalidates, the other is a character defining and transforming arc straight from the comics.

Black Panther got dusted on a team movie that happened to be the biggest "It all comes to this" crossover ever in which half the cast or so also got dusted. It wasn't really about him, it wasn't on "Black Panther", and it was thanks to the biggest threat the MCU has ever seen after a huge buildup. And it's also about to get reverted anyway. It's just not the same in any way.

It's a strong story for Rogue, not that much for Carol really. If Carol's comic hadn't been canceled and/or they didn't have her leave the Avengers, I really doubt it would have been allowed to happen. And while the villains being women would cut much of the backslash, I can't see people not being really mad that this character that Marvel has hyped up so much as a huge powerhouse has just been screwed up and taken out of action so easily when none their male leads have gone through that(yeah they've had it rough but not to a point where they literally lose their powers and end up in a coma).
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-14-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Turning T'Challa into dust is even worse than doing one of Carol's most iconic stories. One completely invalidates, the other is a character defining and transforming arc straight from the comics.
    No. No, it isn't. It's not even close. This right here just shows how little you care about Carol.