Page 133 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4870
    BANNED

Well....that's not good from a Dark Phoenix perspective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It’s worse from a Hollywood perspective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s worse from a Hollywood perspective.
    Yes, but those couple paragraphs about DP were not encouraging. Figured that's the X-focus here at least.

In a perfect world Fox would had never been on the market but this was enviable once the Streaming Wars started and as many reservations as I have Disney is better than Comcast owning Fox a Telecommunications Company hording entertainment companies and IPs is more worrisome than a entertainment company doing so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In a perfect world Fox would had never been on the market but this was enviable once the Streaming Wars started and as many reservations as I have Disney is better than Comcast owning Fox a Telecommunications Company hording entertainment companies and IPs is more worrisome than a entertainment company doing so.
    ANY company controlling nearly half of a given industry is a Very Bad Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    ANY company controlling nearly half of a given industry is a Very Bad Thing.
    The problem with a telecommunications company they could start making Fox content and library exclusive to their platform which can only be accessed by their service which could lead to the end of other telecommunications companies and thus less providers. We have fewer internet providers than we go film studios and losing them is a worse scenario none were good but this was better.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Did they ever finish the reshoots on that movie? (And I echo the sentiment, why not use karma?)
    Because she’s a person of color.

BANNED

The problem with a telecommunications company they could start making Fox content and library exclusive to their platform which can only be accessed by their service which could lead to the end of other telecommunications companies and thus less providers. We have fewer internet providers than we go film studios and losing them is a worse scenario none were good but this was better.
    Except based on that article Fox's output will be slashed SIGNIFICANTLY. That means fewer and less diverse choices, and it's almost certain that Disney will remove all of Fox's properties from competing services (IE Netflix) and to their OWN service. This isn't an argument where "lesser evil" is a valid concession. It's bad for the consumer. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except based on that article Fox's output will be slashed SIGNIFICANTLY. That means fewer and less diverse choices, and it's almost certain that Disney will remove all of Fox's properties from competing services (IE Netflix) and to their OWN service. This isn't an argument where "lesser evil" is a valid concession. It's bad for the consumer. Period.
    There are other Studios, their are thriving Film industries in almost every developed nation, and there is the Indie scene losing some Hollywood Blockbusters don't scare me as much as losing internet choices with the few we already have. Disney+ will be able to be viewed on any Internet provider same with Netflix. Now Comcast could offer content exclusively thru their internet and cable services thru on demand and make that the only way you can view such content which mean people will drop other providers to watch their favorite stuff on Comcast which could lead to less internet choices. A few years ago Dish or Direct tv faced a almost mass exodus of subscribers because they were potentially losing AMC which at the time had Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Walking Dead. Having content on your services matter it's why we have this scramble to buy IP's and Libraries but when said service can potentially be viewed only thru on internet provider it again becomes scary to me.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-15-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I wonder if Iron Man 2 face similar problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I wonder if Iron Man 2 face similar problems.
    That movie wasn't very good....so let's hope not.

Smh capitalism sucks

Doesn’t seem like they are putting much effect into her character from what I’ve heard.
    Just watched Captain Marvel and I heard right.

Just watched Captain Marvel and I heard right.
    That is not what I saw on the movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Smh capitalism sucks
    It was funny and at the same scary seeing marketing executives blaming on capitalism them losing their jobs

I think there is laws to prevent this.

From what it looks a streming wars is on the horizon and it will be good. netflix shouldn't the the only option. Specially getting more expensive and less content
    Pretty soon we will have: Disney+, Hulu, netflix and Warner service.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-16-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is not what I saw on the movie
    I think her backstory wasn’t fleshed out enough, especially for an origin story. Especially for someone who Marvel Studio is pushing as this huge deal. But this is a bit off-topic.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-16-2019 at 02:22 PM.