Page 138 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think race-bending a few X-men isn't going to hurt it. What if Charles Xavier was black?

I don't think Angel is a good idea (too much like Falcon) and Iceman as a black man is going to make people think Frozone. Maybe that isn't a big deal, but it might be.

Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat is the team I think I'd prefer they start with.
    I'd be down for some Lance Reddick as Professor X. I also think Denzel would kill it, but he is great in just about everything.

Personally I think there are only a handful of characters that shouldn't change, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America and maybe the Hulk. To me these characters have all transcended the art form that spawned them and I think even the most basic person would know who these characters are and have an idea of what they look like. I think with characters of this magnitude if you want to do something different than I really like the approach taken by Logan and Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Miles definitely held his own and X-23 was a breakout star. Even still I'd go see any movie starring these characters regardless of my personal opinions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I said on my news blurb on social media recently I think the "Pryde of the X-men" lineup would be interesting but I'd swap out kitty for Cipher, who has a more interesting power set IMO.

I'd also like to see Rogue as a villain this time round as a Brotherhood member that eventually switches teams.

And on the idea of race-bending in the X-verse in the MCU, I personally think it's unecessary... if they want a diverse team, the X-men have enough characters to pick and choose from...
    Last edited by Silver Phoenix; 03-18-2019 at 04:21 AM.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Do you guys not remember the Domino backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I remember it having absolutely zero impact on the movie's performance.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Judging by alot of people's desires for the team roster it'll be worst.

I see alot of people wanting 5 out of the 7 man roster being race/gender swapped
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I actually think Iceman is a great one to race bend. Of the O5 at least. His race is not at all a factor in his character, and he’s less iconic than Cyclops or Jean. Agreed about Angel. He’s super rich and WASPy, so that’s a big part of who he is. I’d make Iceman black and Beast Hispanic. Sure, his name is Hank McCoy, but make him have a Mexican mother. Easy.

Not sure who else I’d mess with honestly, as there’s plenty of existing diverse characters to use as well like Storm, Jubilee, Bishop, Thunderbird, Forge, Sunfire, etc. Lots of options when you get to the ANAD squad and beyond.
    Can you race bend someone who will appear as a big blue creature and not get a ton of flak? That was my worry with Beast.

A Hispanic Iceman might be a good idea.

don't race bend just to race bend. Use the BEST ACTOR regardless of race. Sweet mercy.

Can you race bend someone who will appear as a big blue creature and not get a ton of flak? That was my worry with Beast.
    I would assume they'd implement Hulk transformations or Vision illusions for the more monstrous X-Men. They did it with Hoult, and it worked fine. Nightcrawler having a mutation to change his appearance like his mom wouldn't rattle the cage too much... I'd just pair it with a limitation that he can't teleport unless he's in demon-form.

A Hispanic Iceman might be a good idea.
    I'd want a WASPy-as-hell, conservative, and repressed family of Drakes. Maliciously Pleasantville, with emotionally abusive parenting. It's why I picked Evan Hansen's Ben Platt. He looks friendly, acts goofy, but seems kind of beat up.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

2 more days until Disney's acquisition of Fox is officially official my X-friends!

I know it'll be only be after Far from Home hits that we will get any info on what the MCU X-slate might look like (perhaps even a placeholder date for the first movie?), but I for one will be happy to at least breathe a sigh of relief and bid adieu to "the CompleX" forever!

Racebending tends to be at least somewhat controversial and as it’s been pointed out by others the X-men already have quite a lot of characters of colors, they just haven’t been used enough. If there is racebending, I think it will only be done very minimally, like say a couple obscure white and probably male characters will be racenbent into people of color and that’s it.

BANNED

I had done a Psylocke MCU as Freema Ageyaman.
    /shrug.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Racebending tends to be at least somewhat controversial and as it’s been pointed out by others the X-men already have quite a lot of characters of colors, they just haven’t been used enough. If there is racebending, I think it will only be done very minimally, like say a couple obscure white and probably male characters will be racenbent into people of color and that’s it.
    Or be revealed as Jewish, need more Jewish representation to combat modern antisemitism

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I hope that there is ZERO racebending of established characters. if a certain race is not represented make new characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope that there is ZERO racebending of established characters. if a certain race is not represented make new characters.
    It's an alternate universe. They can do what they want. /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Or be revealed as Jewish, need more Jewish representation to combat modern antisemitism
    Sure that too.