Page 14 of 325 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't see why Deadpool 1 made 700 million on a 58 million budget and Deadpool 2 has made about 700 million on 110 million budget. Logan made about 600 million on 97 million budget. I can't see the people at Disney being silly enough to ignore that success. Plus Marvel has its Netflix series which are R rated.The point is we should be getting a Disney adjacent Marvel R rated line because it is proven to make money.
    Correct me if I am wrong but Disney has no plans in making R Rated films. Disney's non R rated films are not also comparable to the non R rated X-Men movies. X2 would have been classified as R under Disney just for Wolverine lighting a cigar.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-01-2018 at 12:55 AM.

BANNED

Why can't Deadpool and X-Men just be standalones ?Because connectivity has been Marvel strength,They aren't bringing in X-men and FF to sit on the side. It won't be a surprise for me in Avengers 4 when everyone is brought back that X-men and FF are brought along into the universe as well. They could have them separate but they won't they are too much big moments for them not to bring these characters all in the same universe. When Kevin Fegie say the universe will have more female heroes than males that is already a tell that X-men is a part of plan the Xmen has the majority of notable female in marvel.
    Connectivity was never Marvel's strength. good stories, taking risks, limited crossovers, freedom, stand alone world building, developing new ideas was marvel's strength. Look through the years of 2000-2005. How connected was Ultimate X-Men, Marvel 616 X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men 1, X-Men 2 and X-Men Legends? There was barely any connection at all. all were stand alones but strengthened and gave depth to the xmen overall universe. I still admire DC for keeping this tactics with Batman and DC.

Connectivity is the quickest way to make money on the big screen. I used to watch X-Men shows as a kid , there was hardly any connection or guest appearances from other marvel characters, even X-Men spins off like X-Factor only appeared once in TAS, I remember Capitan America making an appearance in X-Men Evolution but that was it. How many xmen comics, the best of the best are connected to the rest of Marvel. Fox has already used DOFP and God Loves Man Kills comics , which are among the best comics and both comics are not connected to the rest of Marvel. They were stand alone X-Men stories like most of X-Men stories.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-01-2018 at 11:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    X2 would have been classified as R under Disney just for Wolverine lighting a cigar.
    The MPAA will be the judge of that, not Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, two Deadpool movies was more than enough. Do we really need to see Juggernaut being anally violated by Colossus again? The gratuitous violence and toilet humor gets old, fast.
    my same feelings. 2 Deadpool movies were cool, but I need the x-men to be front and center, and treated with more respect. And no more ridiculous young x-men cameos in present day. we dont need shit like that from Kinberg and his lame vision ever again.

Connectivity was never Marvel's strength. good stories, taking risks, limited crossovers, freedom, stand alone world building, developing new ideas was marvel's strength. Look through the years of 2000-2005. How connected was Ultimate X-Men, Marvel 616 X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men 1, X-Men 2 and X-Men Legends? There was barely any connection at all. all were stand alones but straightened and gave depth to the xmen overall universe. I still admire DC for keeping this tactics with Batman and DC.

Connectivity is the quickest way to make money on the big screen. I used to watch X-Men shows as a kid , there was hardly any connection or guest appearances from other marvel characters, even X-Men spins off like X-Factor only appeared once in TAS, I remember Capitan America making an appearance in X-Men Evolution but that was it. How many xmen comics, the best of the best are connected to the rest of Marvel. Fox has already used DOFP and God Loves Man Kills comics , which are among the best comics and both comics are not connected to the rest of Marvel. They were stand alone X-Men stories like most of X-Men stories.
    I was talking about the movies uni where Samuel L Jackson showing up in end credits made people lose their minds. I was talking about how a beeper with Captain Marvel symbol has people who never seen the character exiticed. I am talking about people going to see Ant and Wasp because they want to know if anyone will "disappear" in the movie. The strength of Marvel has been its connected world and I can't see them getting those properties back and not integrating them back together when that franchise has done amazing with that so far.

Also I can't see Disney just ignoring the numbers of the R movies either and they have picked up enough mature properties in the fox deal .It will be amazing if there isn't a separated mature line brand like Miramax(who Disney was the parent company). In Blade,Deadpool,Logan, X-Force, etc They have Marvel properties that they have take a close look what is the best way to use them.If they think Rated R will make them more money then the business men will make the smart move.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I can't help but feel a bit pessimist about the future of the x-men on the big screen. Some people think disney is going to work miracles and they have work miracles with the guardians, black panther,etc. But that's because nobody had seem them before, this characters were new to the audiences. Mean while the x-men aren't new we have see them for over a decade.

Correct me if I am wrong but Disney has no plans in making R Rated films.
    I think they have indicated that they're considering continuing the Deadpool series "as is."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I can't help but feel a bit pessimist about the future of the x-men on the big screen. Some people think disney is going to work miracles and they have work miracles with the guardians, black panther,etc. But that's because nobody had seem them before, this characters were new to the audiences. Mean while the x-men aren't new we have see them for over a decade.
    thats like saying new Fast and the furious movies wont have success because general audience have seen them over a decade. Yet the last one made over 1 billion? or pretty close.

General audience will watch in the theatres what looks great on trailers, spots and marketing. Fox marketing is poor, Fox's approach of the X-Men is poor. So once Marvel does a better marketing, bigger/more epic trailers, better treatment of the X-Men as the real stars of their movies..... general audience will respond to it perfectly.

General audience is not idiot. Some studio execs think GA is, but the reality says otherwise.

Just FYI Disney releases tons of R rated movies just under different imprints.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think they have indicated that they're considering continuing the Deadpool series "as is."
    Considering all the money he's made in the span of two movies, that makes sense. Disney, as sensitive as they are to R-rated content, is still a business. They still want to make money. If Deadpool can keep bringing in money, then Disney has plenty of incentive to keep him the way he is. They'll probably tone him down when he interacts with the rest of the MCU, but they're going to find a way to make it work. There's just too much money to be made.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    thats like saying new Fast and the furious movies wont have success because general audience have seen them over a decade. Yet the last one made over 1 billion? or pretty close.

General audience will watch in the theatres what looks great on trailers, spots and marketing. Fox marketing is poor, Fox's approach of the X-Men is poor. So once Marvel does a better marketing, bigger/more epic trailers, better treatment of the X-Men as the real stars of their movies..... general audience will respond to it perfectly.

General audience is not idiot. Some studio execs think GA is, but the reality says otherwise.
    Why are you comparing them to FF instead of Spider-Man? Homecoming had a much smaller audience than eariler Spider-Man franchise.

FF only started making a billion dollars after Paul Walker’s death and that was the reason why it made that money. Same with The Dark Knight. Everyone knows this. Bad comparison.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-02-2018 at 06:15 AM.

BANNED

I was talking about the movies uni where Samuel L Jackson showing up in end credits made people lose their minds. I was talking about how a beeper with Captain Marvel symbol has people who never seen the character exiticed. I am talking about people going to see Ant and Wasp because they want to know if anyone will "disappear" in the movie. The strength of Marvel has been its connected world and I can't see them getting those properties back and not integrating them back together when that franchise has done amazing with that so far.

Also I can't see Disney just ignoring the numbers of the R movies either and they have picked up enough mature properties in the fox deal .It will be amazing if there isn't a separated mature line brand like Miramax(who Disney was the parent company). In Blade,Deadpool,Logan, X-Force, etc They have Marvel properties that they have take a close look what is the best way to use them.If they think Rated R will make them more money then the business men will make the smart move.
    Connectivity in Movies I was talking about are not the strongest but the weakest. Secondly this is the X-Men universe. connectivity was never a big add for this universe. X-Men still always felt separate from the rest of Marvel. The strongest aspect of any movie regardless of their circumstances or purpose will always be about how good the story is , how good is the plot. how well did the directors, writers, cast and producers execute the vision. many don't like xmen stories because of connectivity. many people don't hold a film like Logan or X2 in high regards because of connectivity, its all down to execution. nothing more, nothing less. Stand alone films are xmen's biggest strength because most of their stories are stand alones. Nick Fury does not need to be in an xmen film when there are 10000000 mutants waiting to be in the films. He is just taking up space he does not deserve.

Disney can live without R Rated comic films.They don't need the extra finance regardless of how successful Blade, Logan and Deadpool are. Disney already has more problems with pg 13 comic films not executed by them. Disney edited out Tony Stark's being an alcoholic from all their movies? In DOFP , Xavier being an alcoholic was not edited out. if you had edited that out of DOFP you have a weak movie. no amount of connectivity will make the movie not weak because a major plot point that carries depth has been taken away. That is what makes a good X-Men story in comics or films not connectivity. For Disney to put that in their own DOFP, it means they will have had to classify the film as R Rated.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Connectivity in Movies I was talking about are not the strongest but the weakest. Secondly this is the X-Men universe. connectivity was never a big add for this universe. X-Men still always felt separate from the rest of Marvel. The strongest aspect of any movie regardless of their circumstances or purpose will always be about how good the story is , how good is the plot. how well did the directors, writers, cast and producers execute the vision. many don't like xmen stories because of connectivity. many people don't hold a film like Logan or X2 in high regards because of connectivity, its all down to execution. nothing more, nothing less. Stand alone films are xmen's biggest strength because most of their stories are stand alones. Nick Fury does not need to be in an xmen film when there are 10000000 mutants waiting to be in the films. He is just taking up space he does not deserve.

Disney can live without R Rated comic films.They don't need the extra finance regardless of how successful Blade, Logan and Deadpool are. Disney already has more problems with pg 13 comic films not executed by them. Disney edited out Tony Stark's being an alcoholic from all their movies? In DOFP , Xavier being an alcoholic was not edited out. if you had edited that out of DOFP you have a weak movie. no amount of connectivity will make the movie not weak because a major plot point that carries depth has been taken away. That is what makes a good X-Men story in comics or films not connectivity. For Disney to put that in their own DOFP, it means they will have had to classify the film as R Rated.
    Tony was intoxicated when he fought Rhodey in Iron Man 2 and he was called out for it also Valkyrie was a drunk in Thor Ragnarok.

BANNED

Now that the Disney and Fox deal just got antitrust approval, the shareholders will vote on July 25th. As soon as they vote in favor of the merger, the deal will completely close. Already MCU is planning on what it will do with the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Hugh Jackman has said he would stick around for X-Men versus Avengers. So maybe he'll come back for that.

It is not huge deal for stuff to be connected to X-men side of universe BUT they WILL use the connection, Marvel has used the fact that it is shared universe to leverage people into seeing other films because of the connections.There is a reason lots of companies in the film industry are trying to copy the formula. Beside one of the biggest thing Marvel can build up to is Avenger vs X-men.They aren't going to drop X-men off a in pocket universe you are going to see Wolverine in a Captain America or Hulk,The word Mutants will pop up in Avengers,etc You can bet the farm they are going to leverage the connections to sell movies.The beauty of cinematic universe it is comic universe we love unjaded by years of cheesy practices which means crossovers,deaths and event crossovers feel amazing still and like the first time it happens in comic they were a big deal. It hard to imagine they are going use what has been the universes biggest strength the X-men use going to be more subtle than FF but they will use them.

Yes Disney can live without R films but smart business don't turn down money if they feel properties will make the more money as R films they will make accommodations for them to be R. Seriously when talking about movie decisions lean towards decision making pattern that will lead to most money.