Page 142 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4870

I feel like I should have a bottle of champagne ready for midnight...

I just went through at deleted over a dozen posts because some of you think it's okay to be rude and disrespectful on these boards. If you don't like the Fox X-Men that's fine but nobody needs to be an ass about it which many of you did and have done so in the past. Keep it up and you won't be posting here much longer.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Check out the Walt Disney website.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com

BANNED

Looks like Ryan Reynolds isn't going anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Looks like Ryan Reynolds isn't going anywhere.
    Though it doesn’t seem like that version of Deadpool is going to be a part of the MCU based on what Kevin Feige said a few months back.

Newsrama article predicting who is and isn’t poised to be key players in the x-men films under the mcu (even if the films are years away):

https://www.newsarama.com/44383-what...mcu-x-men.html

(note that this is an opinion piece, not a claim). Even if they end up being way off base in their predictions, a lot of their points are true.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I just went through at deleted over a dozen posts because some of you think it's okay to be rude and disrespectful on these boards. If you don't like the Fox X-Men that's fine but nobody needs to be an ass about it which many of you did and have done so in the past. Keep it up and you won't be posting here much longer.
    Happy to hear this. I have no idea why it’s so hard for some
    folks to like one universe without trashing the other.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Happy to hear this. I have no idea why it’s so hard for some
    folks to like one universe without trashing the other.
    It is unfortunate but the trashing by posters on both movie universes has gone unchecked for so long that I'm surprised that a mod is commenting about it as if it's a new thing!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    It is unfortunate but the trashing by posters on both movie universes has gone unchecked for so long that I'm surprised that a mod is commenting about it as if it's a new thing!?
    It’s never too late to correct things, and mods aren’t omnipresent. Let’s just enjoy a return to civil discussion on the topic =)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Newsrama article predicting who is and isn’t poised to be key players in the x-men films under the mcu (even if the films are years away):

https://www.newsarama.com/44383-what...mcu-x-men.html

(note that this is an opinion piece, not a claim). Even if they end up being way off base in their predictions, a lot of their points are true.
    Seems reasonable to me. Unfortunately, I feel like Jean may get shelved for that reason. I agree this will most likely happen: Prof and Magneto will be moved to the background or removed altho I think Magneto will eventually appear simply because there are no X-Men characters that can truly replace what he brings to the franchise, Wolverine will be a general MCU character/Avenger as opposed to an X-Men, no school, greater focus on mutants that Fox didn't touch, Phoenix saga won't ever see the MCU, Jean/Beast/Mystique may not appear

Of course we could be wrong but it's not a bad deduction to make.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is a good baseline to how Feige worked after getting rights back to characters that had other movies recently. He went in a wildly different direction from the previous movies (and the comics) while focusing on the general core of the character.

Guys I don't think any major X-Men are getting sidelined here. I'm certain Disney is WELL AWARE of the brand recognition from the 90's era when you had the bright Lee colors all over everything from Pizza Hut cups to toys flooding the isles of every toy store in the nation. The folks that are going to be disappointed are those that are wanting some obscure era of the X-Men to be front and center in one of the biggest and most successful movie studios ever. Disney is going to milk this cow, rest assured, and to do that it makes more business sense to get the brand recognition out there.

I warmly welcome it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    There's a palpable and vocal bitterness to a lot of the pro-Fox posters here and has been for years, and subsequent reactionary posts from the MCU fans. Being one of the posters who has been involved in the past I agree that it is all toxic and shouldn't be tolerated from either 'side'. +1

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Here's the first bit of behind the scenes news

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...t-2021-1195846
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Guys I don't think any major X-Men are getting sidelined here. I'm certain Disney is WELL AWARE of the brand recognition from the 90's era when you had the bright Lee colors all over everything from Pizza Hut cups to toys flooding the isles of every toy store in the nation. The folks that are going to be disappointed are those that are wanting some obscure era of the X-Men to be front and center in one of the biggest and most successful movie studios ever. Disney is going to milk this cow, rest assured, and to do that it makes more business sense to get the brand recognition out there.

I warmly welcome it!
    Between the movies, Hulu and Disney +, I imagine most major X-Men will get thier chance to shine in some form or another

Should we hope to get some kind of announcement from Feige regarding the X-Men soon? Or do yoU guys think they'll keep it for SDCC?
    A picture would last longer darling...