Page 145 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I was doing that when they announced that an X-23 movie was in the works. That got scrapped thanks to this little deal. Now, maybe if they pull something off like a New X-Men adaptation, it might be worth it all. However, most likely we'll get "Professor X and the big name X-Men vs Magneto" all over again, the thing that the Fox series did to death before their shift into stuff beyond that got cut short. So, you tell me what there is to celebrate; you like the way things are turning, that's your rigth, but the way I see it, there's nothing here worth gaining at the cost of what was sacrificed.

(FYI, I am a MCU fan. Those of us who like both series and/or wanted both series to continue coexisting seem to be rare, but here I am.)
    we don't even know if the movie would be good. it was being written by Bendis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, Bendis was writing the Kitty movie. Mangold and Craig Kyle were writing the X-23 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    No, Bendis was writing the Kitty movie. Mangold and Craig Kyle were writing the X-23 movie.
    alright, got confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There's a variety of Brotherhood mooks they can probably give personalities. And Gillen's Sinister has MCU sensibilities too.
    I think you could probably get away with a Mystique-led Brotherhood as the main villains for the first movie with a Magneto tease/post credit scene.

I'm thinking kind of like how they handled it in the first season of X-Men: Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, it might not've been turned out good, but I would've rather taken a chance with that then have a reboot that I never wanted in the first place and that I find myself more and more not in favor of the more I think about it. And, to be fair to whatever reboot they do make, we don't know that it will suck. It has every chance of turning out good (this is Marvel Studios, we're talking about, after all) and it does deserve to be given an open mind when it comes out. I guess I feel that it'll be another Spider-Man: Homecoming; excellent on its own terms but paling in comparison to what Sony did with the brand (the Mark Webb movies notwithstanding).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I was doing that when they announced that an X-23 movie was in the works. That got scrapped thanks to this little deal. Now, maybe if they pull something off like a New X-Men adaptation, it might be worth it all. However, most likely we'll get "Professor X and the big name X-Men vs Magneto" all over again, the thing that the Fox series did to death before their shift into stuff beyond that got cut short. So, you tell me what there is to celebrate; you like the way things are turning, that's your rigth, but the way I see it, there's nothing here worth gaining at the cost of what was sacrificed.

(FYI, I am a MCU fan. Those of us who like both series and/or wanted both series to continue coexisting seem to be rare, but here I am.)
    The Fox had A LOT to play with, but they only chose to DOFP and the Dark Phoenix "Saga" because the directors had an obsession with it. There are tons of X-Men stories and Disney will use that instead of the tired old things Fox did. Plus they'll mingle with non-mutants more. I really hope they focus more on the X-Men and not exclusively on Magneto and Prof X and Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you could probably get away with a Mystique-led Brotherhood as the main villains for the first movie with a Magneto tease/post credit scene.

I'm thinking kind of like how they handled it in the first season of X-Men: Evolution.
    Please not more Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're ignoring the reality-altering shenanigans of Endgame, the POTENTIAL reality-altering shenanigans of Dark Phoenix, the time-altering shenanigans likely from the potential X-Force, AND the reality-altering AND multiversal shenanigans of Legion.

Any one of these could be a means by which some or all of the XCU could be integrated into the MCU whole cloth, whether through reality altering, time travel paradox, or a Secret Wars-style mushing together of the multiverse.
    I cannot believe you still think that there is any chance whatsoever that the current X-Men universe is in any way going to continue. No offense, but this is just being delusional.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I cannot believe you still think that there is any chance whatsoever that the current X-Men universe is in any way going to continue. No offense, but this is just being delusional.
    Craig Kyle already has a chair at Marvel Studios and can probably get a X-23 mini-series to happen on Disney+. Marvel Studios is already producing non-MCU canon material on Disney+ with that “What If” series.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-20-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Craig Kyle already has a chair at Marvel Studios and can probably get a X-23 mini-series to happen on Disney+. Marvel Studios is already producing non-canon material on Disney+ with that “What If” series.
    And how does that contradict with what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And how does that contradict with what I said?
    I’m agreeing with you that the current X-Men universe is done as a theatrical film series. But I can see Marvel Studio producing some content on their streaming services since they already have plans for non-MCU canon stuff on there.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-20-2019 at 11:59 PM.

I’m agreeing with you that the current X-Men universe is done as a theatrical film series. But I can see Marvel Studio producing some content on their streaming services since they already have plans for non-MCU canon stuff on there.
    Everything on Disney+ is MCU related even the animated What If series is suppose to explore what if's from the MCU the live action shows rumored or confirmed are Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Loki (Confirmed) rumored Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Sif, and Gamora and Nebula.

Do I think X-23 could play a part in the MCU? Sure but I don't see it being connected to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Everything on Disney+ is MCU related even the animated What If series is suppose to explore what if's from the MCU the live action shows rumored or confirmed are Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Loki (Confirmed) rumored Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Sif, and Gamora and Nebula.

Do I think X-23 could play a part in the MCU? Sure but I don't see it being connected to Logan.
    The third season of Legion will likely be on there. Where else are they going to put it now?

Since they own the X-Men now do you think they might do What If episodes based on the Fox films?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-21-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Please not more Mystique.
    I know most have "blue girl" fatigue but I think Mystique would be integral in the MCU.

I would definitely depart with the naked, snake-skin look and go closer to her comic look. I mostly want to see a more tactical and strategic take on her especially utilizing her "Raven Darkholme" persona in government.

Destiny could play faux-leader of the Brotherhood with Raven keeping a low profile as her real form has never been seen and on S.H.I.E.L.D's most wanted list thinking she is a part of new wave of Skrull operatives.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

The third season of Legion will likely be on there. Where else are they going to put it now?

Since they own the X-Men now do you think they might do What If episodes based on the Fox films?
    Legion will air on FX which Disney now owns and has made no announcement to end. The Press release said it would be MCU What If not even the comics are being touched for it. It appears to me they want Brand consistence so it will be MCU only.