Page 149 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Iron Man 3 also made a billion but Tony is done after Endgame. The same will eventually happen with Carol.

Let’s be honest, do you think that movie is reaching a billion dollars because people like Carol as a character? Pretty much everyone agrees she was bland. It’s because it was tied to Endgame and had a female lead.
    After Iron-Man 3 Stark was a big character in Cap 3, Homecoming, Avengers 3 and will be in 4. I am sure that Carol will be big character in at least 5 movies for next 10 years too. And I am sure she will survive Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah and Tony was the exact opposite of pushed out. He was a main character in Cap 3, had an important role in Spider-Man, and was arguably the main character in the two following Avengere movies. Sounds to me like Carol is gonna be one of the main characters of the MCU going forward

People are trying too hard to push their own views of the character onto Feige. He’s the one who’s been wanting to push Carol and is a huge fan of her CM runs especially KST. And it’s his opinion that ultimately matters
    You wrote it better then me.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-25-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Yeah and Tony was the exact opposite of pushed out. He was a main character in Cap 3, had an important role in Spider-Man, and was arguably the main character in the two following Avengere movies. Sounds to me like Carol is gonna be one of the main characters of the MCU going forward

People are trying too hard to push their own views of the character onto Feige. He’s the one who’s been wanting to push Carol and is a huge fan of her CM runs especially KST. And it’s his opinion that ultimately matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    After Iron-Man 3 Stark was a big character in Cap 3, Homecoming, Avengers 3 and will be in 4. I am sure that Carol will be big character in at least 5 movies for next 10 years too. And I am sure she will survive Endgame.
    Never said they would stop using character for major roles. But using her as the face of the MCU now? Doubt it.

Never said they would stop using character for major roles. But using her as the face of the MCU now? Doubt it.
    You may be right. Time will tell.

Never said they would stop using character for major roles. But as the face of the MCU? Doubt that.
    You literally said she would be pushed aside in favor of the X-Women. Which doesn't make any sense. Especifically if you specifically mean in terms of being the face of the MCU.

Man, since when did X-fans become so selfish? Throwing a billion dollar character under the bus to make their favourites shine. Sheesh.

At least when we ask for Wolverine and Magneto to take a seat back it's because 1. they have already starred in so many movies 2. so many other characters are sacrificed for their sake 3. they haven't actually proven to be box office draws on the level of current superhero movies 4. we don't want them to be permanently benched, just for one or two movies.

Storm is gonna be the biggest character on the MCU. A woman, black and with lightning? She can replace Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Thor all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Storm is gonna be the biggest character on the MCU. A woman, black and with lightning? She can replace Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Thor all at once.
    Honestly, I can totally see that happening. I'll be shocked if she doesn't show up at some point in Black Panther 2.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Btw, when I said Carol was bland was talking about the movie version, not the one in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Honestly, I can totally see that happening. I'll be shocked if she doesn't show up at some point in Black Panther 2.
    Unironically, I totally see Storm being a big character. But I'm imagining it's "just" gonna be having her as a major X-Men and some T'Challa/Wakanda connections. But they're definetely not gonna just have her, or any of the X-Men really, start replacing other characters. We need to remember that, besides Wolverine, the X-Men aren't really solo properties.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Man, since when did X-fans become so selfish? Throwing a billion dollar character under the bus to make their favourites shine. Sheesh.

At least when we ask for Wolverine and Magneto to take a seat back it's because 1. they have already starred in so many movies 2. so many other characters are sacrificed for their sake 3. they haven't actually proven to be box office draws on the level of current superhero movies 4. we don't want them to be permanently benched, just for one or two movies.
    You really think Carol is a good enough character to be the face of the MCU? It wasn’t her characterization that made that money.

You literally said she would be pushed aside in favor of the X-Women. Which doesn't make any sense. Especifically if you specifically mean in terms of being the face of the MCU.
    I mentioned her being the face of the MCU in my original post.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-25-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Far too soon to tell.

They need to make her a compelling character first, which requires a synergy between actress, director and script. Coasting on past comic book glories will not cut it. Not for any character.

Feige: Carol is the most powerful character on the MCU, Carol is gonna lead the MCU, lots of compliments for Brie Larson, fought for the movie to happen even though Ike Perlmutter, who back then was his superior, was against it. And the movie does great in the box office.

People on the internet: But I didn't like her, so that means they're gonna drop her and start focusing on the characters that I like instead! It's just obvious!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

From the jump Captain Marvel is a billion dollar franchise.

If you think she won’t be a prominent player in the MCU going forward you are lying to yourself.

People will just never stop doubting Carol. Every time a point is proven wrong people find another one. Even after she succeeds, she's still being underestimated. It's kind of ironically funny and meta in a way since that has so much to do with her arc. And also I just noticed that this "The future of the X-Men on the big screen" thread has become kind of a Captain Marvel-focused discussion, worried we're a bit off-topic lol.

I mentioned her being the face of the MCU in my original post.
    I know. And you said that now that they have the X-Men they can find another female lead they can use instead. Which I think it's nonsense, cause, the X-Men are a team and i really don't think they're just gonna choose an individual X-Woman to push in the same way they're doing with Carol.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-25-2019 at 05:49 AM.