Page 151 of 325 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn’t mind the MCU eventually taking a crack at genosha or utopia, though I expect the X-mansion will be what they start off with

I think the widespread of mutants should I start off at less than 1% but grow as time goes on.
    Yeah, I think that makes sense. It really depends on how Feige goes about introducing mutants and explaining why they've been absent in the MCU until now. If it's the case that they've been hidden, then having a homeland like Genosha or Utopia makes sense. If there are other forces at work, it may require something else beyond the X-Mansion. But I believe having a mutant homeland is a big part of stirring the mutant/human conflict and I think needs to be part of any major X-men story in the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think them starting out as a big secret, one that the government has been trying to cover up even, would be cool. I love the idea of kind of merging the 616 origin of mutants, where the Celestials planted the seeds millennia ago; but there were only a handful of them over the centuries (e.g., the Externals like Apocalypse, Gideon and Selene who have been written about in history but today have mostly gone dormant), until around WWII when they began experimenting with the mutant gene. That experimentation leading to it becoming airborne, like in the Ultimate Universe, combined with the dawn of the atomic age and the dropping of the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki somehow further mutated the X-gene and unleashed mutantkind on the world. And thus the newer mutants not having the original gene, but rather some further altered and mutated X-gene would be kind of cool too. It essentially makes original mutants like the Externals the equivalent of vampire “pure bloods” in that they have the OG mutant gene. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re more powerful, mind you. As the mutated form of the gene, the Nu X-gene, has the potential to produce even more powerful mutants, especially when the genes of two already powerful mutants are combined. Something that Sinister, for example, is obsessed with.

There’s a lot they could play around with here, and having mutants not really start popping up until after WWII explains why so many might not know about them. Especially if there was a government cover up involved. Or, better yet, a cover up involving Xavier and the Illuminati even, combining powerful telepathy and magic (Doc Strange) to ensure that the world doesn’t know about mutants. Perhaps there were even attacks by Magneto and his Brotherhood in the past, on military bases like in his original appearance, but Xavier and his students stopped them and they were jailed in a top secret prison for mutants; and then the Illuminati made the world forget about them because there were riots, and mutants were being hunted.

So also borrowing from House of M in addition to the 616 and Ultimate mash-up of the origins of mutantkind. If done right it could work and be really cool IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think them starting out as a big secret, one that the government has been trying to cover up even, would be cool. I love the idea of kind of merging the 616 origin of mutants, where the Celestials planted the seeds millennia ago; but there were only a handful of them over the centuries (e.g., the Externals like Apocalypse, Gideon and Selene who have been written about in history but today have mostly gone dormant), until around WWII when they began experimenting with the mutant gene. That experimentation leading to it becoming airborne, like in the Ultimate Universe, combined with the dawn of the atomic age and the dropping of the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki somehow further mutated the X-gene and unleashed mutantkind on the world. And thus the newer mutants not having the original gene, but rather some further altered and mutated X-gene would be kind of cool too. It essentially makes original mutants like the Externals the equivalent of vampire “pure bloods” in that they have the OG mutant gene. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re more powerful, mind you. As the mutated form of the gene, the Nu X-gene, has the potential to produce even more powerful mutants, especially when the genes of two already powerful mutants are combined. Something that Sinister, for example, is obsessed with.

There’s a lot they could play around with here, and having mutants not really start popping up until after WWII explains why so many might not know about them. Especially if there was a government cover up involved. Or, better yet, a cover up involving Xavier and the Illuminati even, combining powerful telepathy and magic (Doc Strange) to ensure that the world doesn’t know about mutants. Perhaps there were even attacks by Magneto and his Brotherhood in the past, on military bases like in his original appearance, but Xavier and his students stopped them and they were jailed in a top secret prison for mutants; and then the Illuminati made the world forget about them because there were riots, and mutants were being hunted.

So also borrowing from House of M in addition to the 616 and Ultimate mash-up of the origins of mutantkind. If done right it could work and be really cool IMO.
    I like your ideas! They are somewhat similar to my own take on how mutants could have stayed undetected in the MCU.

My theory is that the US Government, and other powerful and/or covert groups, have long been aware of the existence of mutants. But they've been working towards hiding it from the general public, while seeking to either exploit mutants or eliminate them, depending on their agenda.

Charles Xavier had an alliance with the FBI, the CIA or possibly SHIELD (though I think Nick Fury knowing the X-men as well is one too many retcons for him!) He helped the authorities track mutants. The 'good' ones he took to his school and trained. The 'bad' ones he captured on behalf of the authorities, and they were detained in secret prisons. At some point, the arrangement ended and the X-men ceased operating. But now, something happens which threatens to reveal the existence of mutants to mankind, and the X-men get back into action.

The fact that the X-men used to be government agents (which is actually true to the comics) could be an interesting angle to explore, especially since it could legitimately be claimed that Xavier 'sold out' mutants to curry favor for himself and his students with the authorities. Maybe this adds a further dimension to their conflict with mutant radicals, or lead to a schism within the team.

Emma was right

I think no one could hide the existence of random teens who wreak chaos when their abilities begin to manifest for the first time. Maybe the glove of infinity will simply change the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I think no one could hide the existence of random teens who wreak chaos when their abilities begin to manifest for the first time. Maybe the glove of infinity will simply change the reality.
    That's the cleanest and easiest so I think this will be the case.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    With the ability to erase memories, and the support of covert agencies, its amazing what you can hide these days!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    With the ability to erase memories, and the support of covert agencies, its amazing what you can hide these days!
    Considering they were able to cover up the fact that Bucky killed Stark's mom and dad even though he did EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to scream "ASSASSINATION!!!!!" on the hit, they must have the mother of all Neuralizers.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't see the big deal honestly. We know why Mutants are in the MCU.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Does anybody see the problem with the X-Men basically supporting segregation?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They are fighting against segregation. That's the point. In this current social climate the world needs the X-Men more than ever. More so on the big screen, especially if written right. X-Men's main backdrop is the fear of which people don;t understand a fear I can see a lot of relation to whats going on outside right now.

I know X-Men have become a bit muffled over time with space, and alternative realities, time travel and aliens, but the main focus should be more grounded at least at first.

The X-Men movies in the MCU need to have their own universe within the MCU, the whole X-Men side of Marvel is just as big (maybe a little smaller) than everything else. I don;t wanna see any crossovers with the Avengers yet, Fiege needs to let the X-Men breathe, develop characters develop a setting before any crossover happens.
    Last edited by Orby; 03-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Hopefully, Storm will. Nightcrawler would disagree, pointing out "segregation" is also "sanctuary". Ideally, this is the conflict at the center of the film.

I’m Personally rooting for a retcon or new opening in endgame that makes it so mutants existed all along in public sight.

If they suddenly are revealed, they won’t have the history of being hated and feared. Sure, they could be newly hated and feared, but I don’t think it has the same impact, Imo. I could see them framing it as being relevant to modern events, though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Good thinking! I'd accept this story as it ties to what has been established.

I've shared with my cousins, as I'm sure others have already suggested, another finger snap is all that's needed as well. The following MCU movies could drop easter eggs in each movie that mutants are present leading up to the MCU X-film debut. Fury bumps into Deputy Director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Raven Darkholme in a hallway in one film... Erik Lehnsherr is mentioned in another film in a S.H.I.E.L.D. meeting as still being off the radar... you could even shock the hell out of us all and have Beast as an Avenger in this reset universe. It's not a complicated transition.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m Personally rooting for a retcon or new opening in endgame that makes it so mutants existed all along in public sight.

If they suddenly are revealed, they won’t have the history of being hated and feared. Sure, they could be newly hated and feared, but I don’t think it has the same impact, Imo. I could see them framing it as being relevant to modern events, though.
    Yeah, I agree with your approach too. It could just be one of the stories we would have to watch unfold in a reset universe.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Emma was right

I won’t call it segregation in their case. They need their own place in the world. I see them as a Jews who need their own Israel.