Page 153 of 325 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4870

I am thinking and if with the movies we have seen individual series that would have been impossible without them (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Star-Lord, fucking GROOT), I think that when the X-Men movies start to release out we will see solo series of the protagonists.

It may be nice to have more individual mutant series.

BANNED

We are already swamped with an endless arrary of worthless solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We are already swamped with an endless arrary of worthless solos.
    But not as many as with other properties. And the more they do, the more likely one is good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But not as many as with other properties. And the more they do, the more likely one is good.
    There have been more X-solos than Guardians solos in recent years. In just the last 5 years we've had Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Magneto, Jean Grey, Cable, Iceman, Old Man Logan, Wolverine/X-23, MMX, Domino and minis for Shatterstar and Multiple Man. Avengers doesn't count since they're by nature solo characters.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The only solo x-spinoffs that ever have any legs are the ones that are the most detatched from the X-Men proper. Gambit, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Cable all had lives and things going on outside of just being and X-Man, and that is why their series lasted. Character like Jean, Storm, and Iceman never really have. Even when Storm was so tied to Black Panther most of the supporting cast came from him and not her. I think the big thing that helps is getting a character built up soon after they are introduced instead of waiting until they have been around for 30 years and then trying to make them more a solo character. By that time they are thought of as too much a part of a tea, and it is hard to break out of the mold once it is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The only solo x-spinoffs that ever have any legs are the ones that are the most detatched from the X-Men proper. Gambit, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Cable all had lives and things going on outside of just being and X-Man, and that is why their series lasted. Character like Jean, Storm, and Iceman never really have. Even when Storm was so tied to Black Panther most of the supporting cast came from him and not her. I think the big thing that helps is getting a character built up soon after they are introduced instead of waiting until they have been around for 30 years and then trying to make them more a solo character. By that time they are thought of as too much a part of a tea, and it is hard to break out of the mold once it is cast.
    Cyclops solo was very removed from the X-men and it wasnt a best seller

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Her familial heritage goes all the way back to the dawn of humanity with a long long of white-hair women ancestors who preceded her, one who was even a Sorceress Supreme.
    Her mother was queen of a Kenyan village. After being born, ororo grew up in America during a period when segregation still existed in many parts of that country, which is one of the reasons her family wanted to leave Anerica for Africa to escape the hatred in the USA. She later was buried alive alongside her dead parents after an air raid in Egypt. She was a street urchin in Egypt, which isnt a child friendly place, where she became one of the best thief in her group. She traveled from Egypt to Kenya, where she killed a man who attempted to rape her, and she met tchalla (one day who would grow to be king of wakanda). She was then worshipped across africa as the weather goddess, bringing rain to drought stricken lands (where it would be one day confirmed she was a real goddess). If done properly Ororo has a very interesting storyline that could be made into a movie. And in the era of me too and women showing they can be as strong as men, especially for little black girls, it could be groundbreaking.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think any discussion about solo films have to take in consideration the already other MCU films and FF and IMO Silver Surfer since Feige wanted him years ago even willing to lose DD for him and Galactus. With those considerations and the limited slots for films I think only Wolverine sadly I wish they'd rest him and use X-23 and Storm especially if she gets a push in Black Panther 2 would get solo films. Now who could get a solo Disney+ miniseries is up for grabs IMO.

I doubt Deadpool will be in the MCU proper and will continue as his own thing even making fun of the situation so I didn't count him.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-27-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

X-MEN are more likely to get solo Disney + series then a solo movie imo except Wolverine.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Yes, I can imagine Disney + series like "The adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" or "Storm"

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, I can imagine Disney + series like "The adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" or "Storm"

I would love a Disney + movie of the wedding of Cyclops & Jean Grey. There wouldn't need to be any CGI and it'd be good character development. Similar to a anime ova.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

The X-Men not being able to be on the screen at the same time as many of the OG Avengers will always be one of my regrets

Beast/Iron Man/Banner
    Storm/Thor
    Wolverine/Captain America
    Wolverine/Hulk
    Emma/Iron Man
    Xavier/Iron Man

So many potential great duos and groups that we won't see

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Her familial heritage goes all the way back to the dawn of humanity with a long long of white-hair women ancestors who preceded her, one who was even a Sorceress Supreme.
    Her mother was queen of a Kenyan village. After being born, ororo grew up in America during a period when segregation still existed in many parts of that country, which is one of the reasons her family wanted to leave Anerica for Africa to escape the hatred in the USA. She later was buried alive alongside her dead parents after an air raid in Egypt. She was a street urchin in Egypt, which isnt a child friendly place, where she became one of the best thief in her group. She traveled from Egypt to Kenya, where she killed a man who attempted to rape her, and she met tchalla (one day who would grow to be king of wakanda). She was then worshipped across africa as the weather goddess, bringing rain to drought stricken lands (where it would be one day confirmed she was a real goddess). If done properly Ororo has a very interesting storyline that could be made into a movie. And in the era of me too and women showing they can be as strong as men, especially for little black girls, it could be groundbreaking.
    Again ALL of that is stuff they added in decades after she was created. For so long she really didn't have much of a past. By that time she was so interwound with the X-Men most people just don't see her as a solo character.

With Wolverine they were smart and realized he could carry a book and started giving him minis and then an ongoing. With everyone else they have just waited too long and the long list of failed series kinda proves it.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 03-27-2019 at 04:43 PM.

eh i changed my mind
    Last edited by CRaymond; 03-27-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    X-MEN are more likely to get solo Disney + series then a solo movie imo except Wolverine.
    Dazzler is gonna team up with Tigra in that new cartoon. They might start pairing mutants with non-X-Men team to make them more inclusive. Solos aren't 100% solos. Jessica Jones had Luke Cage and "Hellcat." And plus, te MCU is trying to create a world, so the any solos will be a part of the MCU.