Page 160 of 325 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4870

Well, maybe they can pull it off and make him short and intimidating at the same time. But if they cast the Harry Potter guy like all these stupid fan casts on Twitter keep suggesting, I might kill someone.

Danny DeVito gets my vote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, maybe they can pull it off and make him short and intimidating at the same time. But if they cast the Harry Potter guy like all these stupid fan casts on Twitter keep suggesting, I might kill someone.
    TBH you don't even need to cast a short actor. Forced perspective and the other techniques like those they used for Gimli and the Hobbits in LotR would do it.

Honestly seeing many of his other roles, I think DanRad would actually do a great job. He has the look and the range. He just needs to get hooked up to a nice juice program to add 15-20 lbs weight and it would be perfect. My only issue with him is that it'd be hard not too see him as Harry Potter. Otherwise go newcomer like Jackman was

Completely disagree. Logan is 5’3” and 195 lbs without the adamantium skeleton (with it he’s 300 lbs). Also, that kid doesn’t look intimidating at all. Add 40 lbs of muscle to him and I still couldn’t take him seriously if he threatened me. He is way, way, way wrong for the role in my view. Just because he’s short doesn’t make him a fit. Wolverine is not small. He’s short, but built like a brick shithouse.

Completely disagree. Logan is 5’3” and 195 lbs without the adamantium skeleton (with it he’s 300 lbs). Also, that kid doesn’t look intimidating at all. Add 40 lbs of muscle to him and I still couldn’t take him seriously if he threatened me. He is way, way, way wrong for the role in my view. Just because he’s short doesn’t make him a fit. Wolverine is not small. He’s short, but built like a brick shithouse.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you but Hollywood magic can be pretty strong. If you looked at Hugh Jackman before he was cast, he looked like a skinny pretty boy before transforming himself into Hugh Jacked Man. That said, he def doesn't look intimidating right now but he is a good actor so I'm not necessarily opposed to it.

As an aside, I like Kiki Layne for Storm although I am open to a newcomer there as well. But she's a talented actor, tall, beautiful, and wants the part so I'm down.

Why do people want all those super young actors as Wolverine... Give me a daddy or don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why do people want all those super young actors as Wolverine... Give me a daddy or don't even bother.
    The studio is probably going to skew that way with casting too. They'll want these guys looking young-ish for the next decade plus of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The studio is probably going to skew that way with casting too. They'll want these guys looking young-ish for the next decade plus of movies.
    I doubt it. Paul Rudd was 46 when the first Ant-Man was released in 2015. Benedict Cumberbatch was 40 in 2016 when Strange was released. Considering when the movies were filmed they were only less than a year younger than that on screen.

This idea that Marvel only casts young people so that they can last is a myth, that started because... Idk why honestly. They cast age appropriate for the characters. I'm sure some of the X-Men are gonna be on the younger side but I doubt Wolverine will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would be perfectly content with that

Which is why it's so simple
    MCU is Feige's baby. I just don't see him letting FOX Deadpool to join it. I still think that they will reboot Deadpool but with Reynolds as actor.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-04-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't get it too. I am sure that Wolverine will be 30+ actor.
    All X-Men will be close to this age too. Teen X-Men won't work near adult Wolverine.

My friend suggested Wyatt Russell for Wolverine. I suggested Beau Mirchoff. Both are too tall and way too pretty.

However, you can beat them both with makeup and freeze those features with Nick Fury age tech. They can get 10-15 years of hard-on-the-body action stardom before they age out. Half the appeal of Deadpool is they can get dudes like Yannis Marshall to wear the suit and have Ryan Reynolds do voice over.

Beau Mirchoff needs to play someone. He's great.

I agree he's too pretty and young for Logan. He does have the hairy chest, though <3

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

People saying "oh, they don't mind casting older actors" are missing the point that everyone that was cast for an older role was playing an older character (meanwhile, they had 25 year old Scar-Jo playing Natasha). Meanwhile, this time they had an actual teenager play Spidey. And they'll want the X-men to lead the MCU for the next decades before they reboot, which is easier if they cast younger actors, and probably think it will be an easier sell to have a team of teenage superheroes, something we haven't seen in the MCU yet.

Logan is necessarily older, but I will not be surprised if he only joins the X-men in later movies, and stars in solo movies first.

Just checked and Hugh Jackman was 32 when the first X-Men movie was released. Not old at all.