Page 169 of 325 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4870
    BANNED

It never made sense for the XMen to join to MCU, apparently it didn’t make sense to Feige either.
    The MCU will probably end in 2023 and an XMen universe will start in 2024, separate from the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    It never made sense for the XMen to join to MCU, apparently it didn’t make sense to Feige either.
    The MCU will probably end in 2023 and an XMen universe will start in 2024, separate from the MCU.
    What? They aren't putting them in a seperate universe...

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    How did you get anything like that from that? They have a schedule of movies being developed already and just got the film rights to the X-Men. That’s gonna take time to get everything set up. Obviously that’s going to take a number of years.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

The only X-related movie material we're gonna get within the next decade is Deadpool because he's gonna stay under the 20th Century Fox label.

I have a feeling that the MCU versions of the X-Men ain't gonna happen before 2030, and that's because there's no real good way to incorporate mutants into the MCU at present. The universe is just far too established to allow for the graceful addition of such a world-shaking concept. Anything right now would seem ham-fisted at best.

So get ready for an even larger dearth of X-material than we have now.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The only X-related movie material we're gonna get within the next decade is Deadpool because he's gonna stay under the 20th Century Fox label.

I have a feeling that the MCU versions of the X-Men ain't gonna happen before 2030, and that's because there's no real good way to incorporate mutants into the MCU at present. The universe is just far too established to allow for the graceful addition of such a world-shaking concept. Anything right now would seem ham-fisted at best.

So get ready for an even larger dearth of X-material than we have now.
    You're wrong. The X-men make too much money for Marvel to ignore them. If there's a good or bad way it's absolutely irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're wrong. The X-men make too much money for Marvel to ignore them. If there's a good or bad way it's absolutely irrelevant.
    It’s not irrelevant, Feige is not going make up a lame way to introduce the XMen into the MCU.

He's going to make a way. Whether people are gonna find it lame or not, it depends. When it was revealed that Captain Marvel was set in the '90s, everyone was like "Where was she all this time???", people made a bunch of elaborate theories, and the answer was just "Lol I was on other planets".

What if in response to the Snap, the Universe goes into Rebirth/More Bodies overload and creates the Phoenix to jumpstart the Mutations?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He's going to make a way. Whether people are gonna find it lame or not, it depends. When it was revealed that Captain Marvel was set in the '90s, everyone was like "Where was she all this time???", people made a bunch of elaborate theories, and the answer was just "Lol I was on other planets".
    Exactly. Honestly the people who expect there to be some sort of elegant grandiose way for him to bring mutants over into the MCU or probably going to end up disappointed.

Chances are they'll probably have it to where mutants have always existed but in relatively small numbers until recently and that the X-Men have basically been operating in secret until now.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Exactly. Honestly the people who expect there to be some sort of elegant grandiose way for him to bring mutants over into the MCU or probably going to end up disappointed.

Chances are they'll probably have it to where mutants have always existed but in relatively small numbers until recently and that the X-Men have basically been operating in secret until now.
    Yeah I agree They only have explain why in recent years the numbers of the mutant phenom are getting higher. And that would easily explain the hated and fear stuff in the MCU. Imagine tomorrow people find out they are group of people who exist with powers they numbers are expanding rapidly and they are dangerous. I fully expect mutants always existed but was really rare ala Apoccy, Selene, Namor but something has caused the numbers to go up. I think they will do more of an Ultimate X-men approach.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

I agree, it’s really not as complicated as some are making it out to be. The world is a big place and having the mutant population be a small percentage of it is all that needs to be said, all mutants aren’t hero’s in costumes that fight the bad guys. The ones clamoring for some grand explanation remind me of the fanboys that make all those dumb theories about the MCU, just chill and let it play out. I like the idea of Sinister, through experimentation “push” the X gene to where it is currently and we have a mutant boom, more mutants are born instead of there only being only a handful of insignificant mutants running around like when Sinister first starts. Have him be the one who first creates the types of experiments that we saw in Deadpool that “force” out a mutants power couple this up with certain bloodlines being manipulated by Sinister into predetermined unions that start to create mutants and powerful ones at that...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Russo's latest quote

"It would not have been," Joe confirmed when asked it was ever going to be possible to film scenes including the characters. "That deal didn't actually officially close until a week and a half ago. It would not have been logistically possible."

"We will get there," Anthony added before Joe chimed in with, "We'll get to Secret Wars one day."
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Simply not true. The MCU has been built off of consistency and quality control. Feige and co. aren't gonna chuck the X-Men into the MCU willy nilly for a quick buck. They're gonna wait a good while and do things organically at their own pace.

The downside of that is that it's gonna be a long time before we see another X-Men movie after Dark Phoenix. I just hope Disney lets Goddard make his X-Force movie in the meantime so we're not completely without X-movies until then.

Regarding animation and TV, Marvel animation's been poor ever since they ended Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so I have no hopes that they'll get good treatment there. It's hard to say what'll happen in terms of live-action TV, but I'm not optimistic.

Just waiting impatiently for Dark Phoenix!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

While I would love a good cartoon, I wouldn't even mind the X-Men on a lame cartoon either, it just feels nice for me to see Marvel promoting the characters in other media.

Part of why I want adult X-Men is so Disney+ can cruise into a New Mutants/Gen X shared universe series.

Fancast THAT.