Page 17 of 325 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

It would be interesting for the MCU to focus more on Wolvie's history with Alpha Flight than put him with the X-men right away.

It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be interesting for the MCU to focus more on Wolvie's history with Alpha Flight than put him with the X-men right away.

It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.
    I can honestly see them not even introducing Wolverine in the first X-Men film. Or a teaser at the end maybe. Not trying to open up a whole new discussion about it again but he's not essential to a good X-Men movie (speaking as someone who's enjoyed the majority of Fox X-Men movies) and I trust Feige and co. to do a good job introducing the X-MEN and not just WOLVERINE into their universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    yeah i totally agree with it--the reason Pietro and Wanda survived was because they already had powers and Tesseract unlocked the powers. also, can easily retcon them being adopted by a Sokovian couple at a young age. Magneto would come looking for Wanda and Pietro (with Pietro being dead, of course).
    Cool, and thanX! Tho I'd want Quicksilver revived somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There's not even a need much of a retcon.
    Sokovia is in Eastern Europe, you only have to go back to 1995 to have a real world genocide in that part of the world.

Just dump the entire WWII story with it's requirements for characters to be way older than they should be.
    Nah, either go the Cap'n A time capsule or Logan longevity route.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Infinity War kinda ruined that. Since it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.
    Haven't seen it yet, so can't say for sure, but don't see how that changes a thing. No offense, but considering your predilections, I can see why you'd want it to tho.

I mean, they already were. Connected, that is. If anything, based off your statement, it only enhances my theory.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    If you want to retcon the Maximoff's as mutants in the MCU, all you would need to do is change the twins already being born with a latent X-gene that was triggered by the experiments which lead to them having powers opposed to the experiments outright giving it to them. Any thing else can be written off as them misunderstanding Wanda's power and how it works due to Hydra's half assed notes. Would it be that much of a stretch to believe a bunch of scientists playing with a cosmic power wouldn't fully understand what they did, how it happened and why?

You can even tie it in to the inevitable opening monologue/scene explaining how mutants work and kill a couple of birds with one stone.
    Agreed, latent Mutant powers being activated by an outside, usually tech source, is comics canon. Hence why I brought up Polaris, in particular, due to her association with the twins & Mags. And this, has never been eXplicitly specified, that I know of.

Edit: So no need to change anything, just clarify.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    ... It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.
    Actually, I was thinkin', the MCU's... MAGNETO! Wouldn't THAT be a trip?!

Edit: Or they could just keep Fassie, I'd be cool with that. LOVE him, too!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 05:07 PM.

BANNED

And keep Mutants as born that way. No need to make a big, convoluted deal out of it. They've always been around, but are just now making themselves known to the masses, in modern times. The general audience won't care, so keep it simple, and true to the original X-mythos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    ... these constructed universes run on a lot of handwaving... comics...
    Right? No need to overthink it, and make it unnecessarily complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And keep Mutants as born that way. No need to make a big, convoluted deal out of it. They've always been around, but are just now making themselves known to the masses, in modern times. The general audience won't care, so keep it simple, and true to the original X-mythos.
    Even in the comics other heroes came first as mutants hid in fear not knowing there were more and only went public after more and more starting being born.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Even in the comics other heroes came first as mutants hid in fear not knowing there were more and only went public after more and more starting being born.
    You got it, my friend. Don't see why it's so hard for others to understand, as it's a no-brainer.

BANNED

Just wanted to elaborate a lil' bit, on the the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    ... it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.
    Doubt that's by accident. More like, by design. Use your imagination, and think... PSIONICS. Not only in relation to the plethora of TP/TK Mutants, but even beyond, to the elementals & various energy generators/conduits. It's so obvious, even a blind person could see it.

BANNED

Please no Wolverine focus. So sick of that dude. He's in EVERYTHING, even dead. Overpowered dead not dead guy with claws.

Astonishing Member

Eh, he'll be there somewhere

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Please no Wolverine focus. So sick of that dude. He's in EVERYTHING, even dead. Overpowered dead not dead guy with claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, he'll be there somewhere
    oh most definitely he will be there I just hope that they don't make him the centerpiece of the X-Men like they have been doing in the movie so far. I want the Focus to be more well-rounded this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Same. If they give us the same amount of Wolverine focus, I'll consider the movies a failure. I've been waiting for an X-Men movie franchise, not the same Fox-Men situation in a different suit.

Honestly same goes for Xavier, Magneto or Mystique. They all need to be supporting or antagonist characters, with less screen time than the main cast.

It's too bad the Russo brothers are leaving, we really need a director who can capture what it means to be a team in a 1-2 hour film for the X-Men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Same. If they give us the same amount of Wolverine focus, I'll consider the movies a failure. I've been waiting for an X-Men movie franchise, not the same Fox-Men situation in a different suit.

Honestly same goes for Xavier, Magneto or Mystique. They all need to be supporting or antagonist characters, with less screen time than the main cast.

It's too bad the Russo brothers are leaving, we really need a director who can capture what it means to be a team in a 1-2 hour film for the X-Men.
    spot on post. if it's the wolverine show again I'm out
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!