Page 175 of 325 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What the X-Men as a franchise needs most right now is an excellent cartoon series that taps into the real world zeitgeist of disenfranchised youth, cultural politics, the military industrial complex, and globalism. Unfortunately the big media outlets that could produce such a series are basically just the pr branch of the military industrial complex, so I don't think that series would actually happen at this point. Feige indeed has a difficult situation on his hands, considering how counter-cultural the X-Men are at their core/at their best, and the fact that the strength of the MCU is actually pro-military industrial/mass cultural.
    Globalism WTF x-men isn't about conspiracy theories

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    A good cartoon of X-Men could have the same tone as Young Justice, which both children and adults can enjoy.
    Young Justice is a great tone to strike, and I enjoyed all 3 seasons to one level or another, but it's not like Ms Martian and Aqualad are household names in the way that the 90's TAS made Storm and Wolverine so(at least to kids across the world).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Globalism WTF x-men isn't about conspiracy theories
    Uh, a main plot in the X-Men franchise literally revolves around the governments of the world rounding them all up with flying robot death machines(the stuff conspiracy theories are made of!). Furthermore, globalism is a verifiable fact at this point, and the X-Men as a franchise didn't explode until Marvel made a concerted effort to reflect the world around them(the ANAD global X-Men team from '75).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Spiderman was a public pariah for being rebooted and shoved in our face so many times. Marvel turned around, just a few years later, gave us a fresh and new take (twice, in fact with Spiderverse and Homecoming) and people forget all about that bad taste in their mouth.

Fiege should not run from any X-men character because Fox sucked. Tell a good version that people love and they'll mock the sucky version and embrace yours. They've already proven they can do it, no need for us to be fearful of it.
    One key thing to remember with Homecoming is that Feige skipping the origin story and jumped right into the web slinging action. Spider Man already existed in the MCU at a level that was under the radar during Iron Man etc.

...I don't see how that's possible given the X-Men's insane powerset and world-altering storylines from day 1. UNLESS they spin it off the result of *Endgame spoilers* spoilers:
    the meddling in time and alternate realities spun from what was done in Avengers: Endgame.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: and if they decide to do that then they'll have to do it QUICKLY because it won't make sense the more MCU movies they do without the mutants being around. It will feel cheap to shoe-horn them into something like the Eternals and so taking into consideration that Feige said he didn't plan on touching them for a good while I don't see the Endgame results having anything to do with bringing the mutants into existence in the MCU. I just can't fathom how they are going to do it at this point.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 06-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    One key thing to remember with Homecoming is that Feige skipping the origin story and jumped right into the web slinging action. Spider Man already existed in the MCU at a level that was under the radar during Iron Man etc.

...I don't see how that's possible given the X-Men's insane powerset and world-altering storylines from day 1. UNLESS they spin it off the result of *Endgame spoilers* spoilers:
    the meddling in time and alternate realities spun from what was done in Avengers: Endgame.
    end of spoilers
    A good point. I don't know exactly how they'll handle that but it's a valid point.

I was simply saying that Spiderman had as much public exhaustion with any character I can remember. Feige and the MCU still managed to re-integrate the character in the midst of that and cement him as a welcomed addition. That was no small feat.

By contrast, the MCU will have at least 5 years to let this bitter taste wash away. In that time the X-men can become a bigger part of the Disney streaming service, video games, and other properties. As burned as we all are on some of these characters and stories, they will feel fresh in time and in good hands.

A good point. I don't know exactly how they'll handle that but it's a valid point.

I was simply saying that Spiderman had as much public exhaustion with any character I can remember. Feige and the MCU still managed to re-integrate the character in the midst of that and cement him as a welcomed addition. That was no small feat.

By contrast, the MCU will have at least 5 years to let this bitter taste wash away. In that time the X-men can become a bigger part of the Disney streaming service, video games, and other properties. As burned as we all are on some of these characters and stories, they will feel fresh in time and in good hands.
    I hope you're right! I'll definitely enjoy the increased exposure we'll get in the various media and merchandise in the meantime. With the announcement of Ultimate Alliance 3 with the X-Men front and center we're already seeing the fruits of the X-Men being back under one roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0zVxzilUw

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

end of spoilers

EDIT: and if they decide to do that then they'll have to do it QUICKLY because it won't make sense the more MCU movies they do without the mutants being around. It will feel cheap to shoe-horn them into something like the Eternals and so taking into consideration that Feige said he didn't plan on touching them for a good while I don't see the Endgame results having anything to do with bringing the mutants into existence in the MCU. I just can't fathom how they are going to do it at this point.
    They can still wait to pull them in, even if Endgame is what makes mutants start to appear much more rapidly. If the changes affect the youngest with the highest frequency, but don't manifest until puberty it plays into the 'ticking time bomb' fears the general populace has of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They can still wait to pull them in, even if Endgame is what makes mutants start to appear much more rapidly. If the changes affect the youngest with the highest frequency, but don't manifest until puberty it plays into the 'ticking time bomb' fears the general populace has of them.
    I hadn't really thought about that...but thinking about it now kinda aggravates me because mutants should have been around for a loooong, long time. Apocalypse all the way to Logan and Mags during WWII.

Spiderman was a public pariah for being rebooted and shoved in our face so many times. Marvel turned around, just a few years later, gave us a fresh and new take (twice, in fact with Spiderverse and Homecoming) and people forget all about that bad taste in their mouth.

Fiege should not run from any X-men character because Fox sucked. Tell a good version that people love and they'll mock the sucky version and embrace yours. They've already proven they can do it, no need for us to be fearful of it.
    Thing is some characters are overdone by Fox. No one wants Magneto in the first movie or Mystique being involved once more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Thing is some characters are overdone by Fox. No one wants Magneto in the first movie or Mystique being involved once more.
    And I think Fox killed the Phoenix storyline for a very long time, maybe forever. Possibly the strongest X-story line ever. What a waste.

Uhh, yes actually. I would like Magneto in the first movie. Fassbender (pipe dream MCU Magneto) has been excellent and Magneto is just about as important to the X-Men as Xavier himself.

I do agree that they focused on him and a couple other X-Men to the detriment of others over 17 years lol. I don't think Feige will do the same thing or if he does it will be tasteful and give plenty of room for others to shine. Take Loki as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And I think Fox killed the Phoenix storyline for a very long time, maybe forever. Possibly the strongest X-story line ever. What a waste.
    This I agree with 100%, sadly.

BANNED

There was open, public mockery of all things involving Spiderman movies at one point because of the overexposure and reboots.

No matter how overdone they are (and I agree, they were) - the characters can be salvaged in the right story with capable hands. I would be just fine with a good Magneto the first movie. Mystique can go to hell for eternity for all I care, but Magneto is too central.

Here's something else to consider - do you ever think Fox actually understood Magneto? They understood the ying/yang with the Prof, but did they truly understand his messianic nature? His regal, ruthless, and measured personality? I don't. So I welcome a real Magneto, whenever they feel it's time. And I'll embrace it fully and forget the Fox nonsense once and for all. I think audiences will too, just as they did with Tom Holland.

I think the Phoenix story, told properly over the long haul, can also be done. These attempts were shams.

There was open, public mockery of all things involving Spiderman movies at one point because of the overexposure and reboots.

No matter how overdone they are (and I agree, they were) - the characters can be salvaged in the right story with capable hands. I would be just fine with a good Magneto the first movie. Mystique can go to hell for eternity for all I care, but Magneto is too central.

Here's something else to consider - do you ever think Fox actually understood Magneto? They understood the ying/yang with the Prof, but did they truly understand his messianic nature? His regal, ruthless, and measured personality? I don't. So I welcome a real Magneto, whenever they feel it's time. And I'll embrace it fully and forget the Fox nonsense once and for all. I think audiences will too, just as they did with Tom Holland.

I think the Phoenix story, told properly over the long haul, can also be done. These attempts were shams.
    Imagine Fassbender as Magneto in capable hands. Mein gott.

EDIT: I should say imagine him wrapped up in a very good X-Men film and extended universe. Imagine Fassbender in the MCU...I don't think they'll use him though, I'm not even sure the actor would want the role. Were I him, I would wonder why I'm undoing previous work, invalidating it even if it is for the better (and definitely more money I would imagine)
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 06-05-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Like mentioned I think an animated series would be best. Less budget than live-action and it would be something fresh instead of going the live-action super hero route again so soon.

And with episodes running, it gives room to use more characters than a live action film. I really think this should be the start. Or start with a animation film that introduces a following series.