Page 176 of 325 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4870
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A lot of damage has been done to the X-Men brand. I really don't know how Feige can create interest and generate the box office the X-Men truly deserve. It's going to be a long road ahead.
    Damage has been done but not only from the movies but everywhere else including the comics. X-men needs a saving grace.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    There was open, public mockery of all things involving Spiderman movies at one point because of the overexposure and reboots.

No matter how overdone they are (and I agree, they were) - the characters can be salvaged in the right story with capable hands. I would be just fine with a good Magneto the first movie. Mystique can go to hell for eternity for all I care, but Magneto is too central.

Here's something else to consider - do you ever think Fox actually understood Magneto? They understood the ying/yang with the Prof, but did they truly understand his messianic nature? His regal, ruthless, and measured personality? I don't. So I welcome a real Magneto, whenever they feel it's time. And I'll embrace it fully and forget the Fox nonsense once and for all. I think audiences will too, just as they did with Tom Holland.

I think the Phoenix story, told properly over the long haul, can also be done. These attempts were shams.
    Magneto wasn't handled perfectly but compared to other he enjoyed an amazing treatment. Also both Fassbender and Mckellen gave us probably some of the best if not the best performances of the franchice.

Mentioned this in the DP thread and I know it's wishful thinking because of the implications it would bring but I wonder if they'll introduce Storm into the MCU with Black Panther 2. That would rock my socks off.

EDIT: Is there any way that would work?? At all?

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Mentioned this in the DP thread and I know it's wishful thinking because of the implications it would bring but I wonder if they'll introduce Storm into the MCU with Black Panther 2. That would rock my socks off.

EDIT: Is there any way that would work?? At all?
    That would be cool but Black Panther 2 will probably come out before anything X-men related.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Magneto wasn't handled perfectly but compared to other he enjoyed an amazing treatment. Also both Fassbender and Mckellen gave us probably some of the best if not the best performances of the franchice.
    I thoroughly disliked McKellen's Magneto. Fassbender could've been amazing if the movies had allowed him to be.

They got good treatment in terms of focus, but Magneto got very poor treatment in terms of story-telling.

Xavier, Logan and Magneto are the only ones who can not complain about their treatment in the X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier, Logan and Magneto are the only ones who can not complain about their treatment in the X-Men movies.
    And Beast (mostly). And William Stryker (Brian Cox). And Deadpool. And Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber). And X-23.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Beast had screentime, but was no fun. Stryker only had in common the name. DP and X-23 were great too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And Beast (mostly). And William Stryker (Brian Cox). And Deadpool. And Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber). And X-23.
    I think we're conflating screen time with treatment. One can get a lot of focus and still get poorly treated.

As a reverse example, I thought Nightcrawler was very well treated in this film universe as a character. We just should've had more of it. I don't think Magneto fits that. He's had plenty of time devoted to him, but the storylines for him have been repetitive dog crap.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That would be cool but Black Panther 2 will probably come out before anything X-men related.
    they could still tease her there even if its a small reference that mostly fans would know like they teased Namor in Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Beast had screentime, but was no fun. Stryker only had in common the name. DP and X-23 were great too.
    One of the greatest tragedies of these movies is that we had the absolute perfect Beast and he was wasted.
    kelsey.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-05-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Imo, Liev Screiber was terrible. He wasn't intimating in the least, and imo, if he actually had been that good, I think he'd have made it more than 1 film.

He seemed rather hammy. Like this

Looks corny & comical rather than badass or scary.

He also wasn't in good enough shape for the role. When I look at his body, I don't see Sabretooth.

I think he only looks good compared with Mane, which isn't much of a contest. That's like mud > shit.

Also, had Creed's film counterpart had done well enough, his comic treatment would be better because the X-Office does wanna cash in on film-popular characters. Deadpool, Domino, Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine are all examples. Otherwise, the films didn't do anyone else justice. I hated RyanPool but one thing is clear, he is popular as Hell in the role and it's raises DP's stock to an A-Lister if he wasn't there before.

Meanwhile, Creed got two half-assed casting choices & depictions. Like the little gem that Creed wouldn't survive getting Adamantium despite having it in the comics. What was the point of that? Other than more nerfing of Sabretooth in favor of Logan which is still going strong in the comics.

It would take a DAMN fine actor to bring Creed back from obscurity and maybe get him more star-power in the comics. Jason Momoa could work, but he's Aquaman, and he sure as Hell ain't gonna go from that to Sabretooth...Someone of similar build, look, with good charisma is what Creed needs. No more washed-up, wooden wrestlers and dad-bod corny men. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Yeah, they definitely missed the target with both Sabretooths.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

I know this is a stretch, but I'm hoping for an adaptation of the only good Inhumans vs. X-Men storyline, War of Kings.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The Inhumans are done after the failed TV show and comics push.