Page 177 of 325 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4870
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    One of the greates tragedies of these movies is that we had the absolute perfect Beast and he was wasted.
    Attachment 83116
    I actually liked this Beast a lot. I think he was better than the dude that plays him now.

One of the greatest tragedies of these movies is that we had the absolute perfect Beast and he was wasted.
    Attachment 83116
    I would’ve loved to have seen more of him as Beast.

BANNED

One of the greatest tragedies of these movies is that we had the absolute perfect Beast and he was wasted.
    Attachment 83116
    Yeah, Kelsey Grammar was an inspired choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And Beast (mostly).
    Beast got screwed too. He was supposed to be in the first movie. They removed him from his O5 group so in the later movies he doesn't have a relationship with Cyclops and people seem to forget because over the years Beast has been kinda trash in X-men. But Beast is probably Cyclops best friend. His intelligence was touched on in first class then really not used again. Also they made him emo when he is one of more happy X-men.

I saw someone mention Nightcrawler was treated well and no not really, He barely interacted with Wolverine who is basically his best friend,He didn't really interact with Storm who he is also good friends with. He was supposed to be in the first movie but as mention he got taken out of the script because Fox was cheap. They put those stupid carving symbols on him.He barely gets to anything in the movies he has been in.

Think about when Steve and Captain America got back together endgame it felt great because these movies establish these guys are friends. Think about Hawkeye and Black Widow and the moment you realize one of them was going to die it kick you in the guy like a mule. The X-men is on its final movie nobody feels likes friends/family. The reason deaths infinity war worked because you cared for the characters because they built up relationships.The X-men haven't done that with relationship. O5 is a family, ANAD X-Men is a family. We never got Mystique, Rogue,and Nightcrawler relationship. We never got Juggernaut and Charles, We didn't get Angel and Psylocke, We didn't get Havok and Cyclops done right, we didn't get Wolverine and Jubilee/Kitty,etc. We didn't get any of the close relationship for the X-men. I hope some of this comes across in Xmen DP but I am doubting it
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-05-2019 at 10:05 PM.

I don't think the MCU will wait exactly five years to introduce mutants to their universe. It would be best to build up to them and seed their rebirth across a few things. With a new cartoon series to go along with the new comic by Hickman. To set the grounds, especially if The Eternals movie or other. Speak on the X-gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I hope some of this comes across in Xmen DP but I am doubting it
    Wouldn't that be a little to late.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 06-05-2019 at 10:18 PM.

"Marvel producer thinks the 'X-Men' name is outdated"

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...name-outdated/

"It's funny that people call it the X-Men, there's a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it's outdated."
    Jesus, theres not enough eye roll gifs in the world for this statement. This sounds like something that would be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Jesus, theres not enough eye roll gifs in the world for this statement. This sounds like something that would be a joke.
    Agreed! I am a woman and I rolled my eyes at that. What's next? Are we no longer humans? Is that an out dated term too? Are we going to hu-people?

Good grief...

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Unfortunately it's not these days. :\

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past current Marvel Studios to change things up for their first appearance. Feige seems very interested in changing things up from the books to suit trending social ideals. I just hope he continues to make good movies and not lean too hard on making a political statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I saw someone mention Nightcrawler was treated well and no not really, He barely interacted with Wolverine who is basically his best friend,He didn't really interact with Storm who he is also good friends with. He was supposed to be in the first movie but as mention he got taken out of the script because Fox was cheap. They put those stupid carving symbols on him.He barely gets to anything in the movies he has been in.
    I stand by it too. It's valid to point out his friendships, but did we see something close to the true character of Nightcrawler? I'd say yes. Had he been in X1 he wouldn't have even had the attention he got in X2 and I'd argue the fact that they handled him well is probably the highlight of X2. (Which is probably the best movie of the series)

There are points to quibble, but I think we got a pretty good representation of our Nightcrawler on screen. Most X-characters can't even say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Beast had screentime, but was no fun.
    Why do you think that?

Stryker only had in common the name.
    Still, I would contend that it was a good reimagining of the character.

DP and X-23 were great too.
    Yeah, even in Origins: Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds was well-liked as the character; it was the writing and Weapon XI business that was contentious.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, even in Origins: Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds was well-liked as the character; it was the writing and Weapon XI business that was contentious.
    The three minutes when his mouth wasn't sewed shut or after? C'mon, let's not even try to mount a defense on that.

People liked the idea of Reynolds as DP. Then Fox spent that movie, and years after until he wrested control from them basically, screwing us out of that glorious opportunity.

A thought just dawned on me. If they can use the same actor and completely rectify a character such as Deadpool. Why couldn't they do the same thing with someone like Fassbender as Magneto or McAvoy as Charles for the MCU? Those casting choices were pretty great.

Jackman obviously plays a fantastic Old Man Logan and could for many years to come.

The one takeaway from this movie the producers will take away from this is there's no X-Men without Wolverine unfortunately. Also lets not touch the Phoenix Force

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    A thought just dawned on me. If they can use the same actor and completely rectify a character such as Deadpool. Why couldn't they do the same thing with someone like Fassbender as Magneto or McAvoy as Charles for the MCU? Those casting choices were pretty great.

Jackman obviously plays a fantastic Old Man Logan and could for many years to come.
    Fassbender and McAvoy are wonderful actors, but I think it's for the best to start clean for the MCU. Bringing them back will remind everyone of that clusterfuck of a timeline.

...And I think they'll be looking for a younger Logan as well.