Page 178 of 325 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Fassbender and McAvoy are wonderful actors, but I think it's for the best to start clean for the MCU. Bringing them back will remind everyone of that clusterfuck of a timeline.
    It's certainly nice to work with people you like but I imagine that the actors are getting tired to be associated with these roles…

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The three minutes when his mouth wasn't sewed shut or after? C'mon, let's not even try to mount a defense on that.
    I've noticed that most complaints about Deadpool's depiction in the movie boil down to "it wasn't like that in the comics," which is irrelevant to whether the move made their version work or not.

People liked the idea of Reynolds as DP.
    Obviously, those people were right on the money.

Then Fox spent that movie, and years after until he wrested control from them basically, screwing us out of that glorious opportunity.
    The reason it didn't happen sooner was because Origins: Wolverine was not a success and plans changed. Basic business, exactly what to be expected.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Jesus, theres not enough eye roll gifs in the world for this statement. This sounds like something that would be a joke.
    It was. In Deadpool 2. Great scene.

Everyone knows the X-Men are run by the women, with Scott and Logan allowed to play at soldier to let them blow off some steam. It’s kind of the ultimate “**** you” to patriarchal old Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I've noticed that most complaints about Deadpool's depiction in the movie boil down to "it wasn't like that in the comics," which is irrelevant to whether the move made their version work or not.
    No....they didn't let Ryan Reynolds talk. "Their version" sucked. I'm not even sure how that's up for debate or why you're even remotely defending this.

Are you Simon Kinberg?

There's a reason why Disney is allowing Ryan to continue in the role. Because without him, there would be no Deadpool movie, since he was the one championing for it for ten years prior.

Also Deadpool is Deadpool he's beyond just being like his comic self. When he literally can be anything, for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    A thought just dawned on me. If they can use the same actor and completely rectify a character such as Deadpool. Why couldn't they do the same thing with someone like Fassbender as Magneto or McAvoy as Charles for the MCU? Those casting choices were pretty great.

Jackman obviously plays a fantastic Old Man Logan and could for many years to come.
    Nah These last two Fox X-men movies(DP and New Mutants) are trash can fires. They are wiping the slate clean I wouldn't be surprised If Deadpool doesn't get another movie just not do anything with this era of movies. But more than likely they are going to bring this era of Deadpool to close with very little connection to X-men as possible.

Deadpool is going to get to the MCU grabbing the Silver Surfer table and making a Titanic joke, being the only survivor of the Fox universe.

You have read it here first.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Deadpool is going to get to the MCU grabbing the Silver Surfer table and making a Titanic joke, being the only survivor of the Fox universe.

I've said before, but the best thing would be time-travel takes Deadpool to the MCU by accident with Cable...and then the MCU heroes attack them because they think he's Thanos.

Look back before going forward a Mr. Sunday video on the history of Fox Marvel films including cancelled projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

That would be almost too fitting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Jean and the Phoenix storyline are done. Both deserved better.
    Now it is Cyclops time, He still has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The one takeaway from this movie the producers will take away from this is there's no X-Men without Wolverine unfortunately. Also lets not touch the Phoenix Force
    There are plenty of other great stories to adapt. Phoenix has been done twice now, so I hope they don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The one takeaway from this movie the producers will take away from this is there's no X-Men without Wolverine unfortunately. Also lets not touch the Phoenix Force
    Fox producers may think that. I have faith that MCU producers will be able to see everything wrong with these movies that the fans see and do fold the X-Men into the MCU properly. Should wolverine be a part of the MCU and the X-Men - absolutely. Should he be the focus of every movie like Fox did - absolutely not! The X-Men are a family. That should shine through in the movies.

No....they didn't let Ryan Reynolds talk. "Their version" sucked. I'm not even sure how that's up for debate or why you're even remotely defending this.
    What's that got to do with anything? Just because he runs a mile a minute doesn't mean the character, in the context of the movie, doesn't "work." Origins: Wolverine has it's problems (including the fact that Deadpool disappears after the first act only to reappear at the end; it undermines the impact of what happened to him and has a final boss fight where Wolverine has little emotional connection to the opponent). Deadpool not talking is not one of them (any more then then the Mandarin being a soused actor instead of a yellow peril villain was a problem in the Iron Man movies).

Are you Simon Kinberg?
    Really?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)