Page 191 of 325 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Obscure? Jean has been the at the center of 2 films and a decent size role in 3 films and in the aether in 2 due to Wolverine not being over her death. Beast had a decent role in 5 films, Nightcrawler appeared in 3 films, and Iceman appeared in 4 films even getting character development and love triangle. Colossus got decent representation thanks to the Deadpool films. The only one you mentioned I would consider slightly obscure would be Angel but even his backstory was explored in The Last Stand. I think many of them will be used but I wouldn't call them the "Obscure" X-Men characters many got more back story then even Cyclops and Storm.
    I said if the X-men(MCU) are going to use obscure characters it is going to be Jean Grey,Colossus,Nightcrawler,Angel,Beast and Iceman not being around. I didn't say they were obscure they characters that won't be used. I am saying Wolverine,Storm, Cyclops, Xavier are locks for attention. MCU is going to make sure Big names are around. If Marvel taking a riskier approach it won't be for less Wolverine, It is going to be less Beast,Colossus or Nightcrawler who are important characters but none of them are draws that Wolverine is general public. Marvel can roll out just about anybody with Wolverine,Cyclops,Storm and be fine. It is hard for imagine them going with creative line ups with Dark Phoenix doing so poorly,I think they will put the best foot forward in the MCU go very solid and stable line up.

Wolverine is the most popular X character. There are no real logical reason not to use him in X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Wolverine is the most popular X character. There are no real logical reason not to use him in X-Men movies.
    brand respect?

I’m convinced Wolverine and Storm will be in the MCUXM1, I’m hoping for the center of the film to be put closer to Storm, and position Wolverine as the lancer, wise Drax type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Obscure? Jean has been the at the center of 2 films and a decent size role in 3 films and in the aether in 2 due to Wolverine not being over her death. Beast had a decent role in 5 films, Nightcrawler appeared in 3 films, and Iceman appeared in 4 films even getting character development and love triangle. Colossus got decent representation thanks to the Deadpool films. The only one you mentioned I would consider slightly obscure would be Angel but even his backstory was explored in The Last Stand. I think many of them will be used but I wouldn't call them the "Obscure" X-Men characters many got more back story then even Cyclops and Storm.
    I was thinking this as well the first time I read it, but he's not calling Jean, Beast, or Nightcrawler obscure. He's saying they're not going to bench the likes of Iceman or Colossus (and considering Feige has indicated Deadpool will be continuing, and Colossus is part of that franchise already...) in favor of characters like the NXM. The post just wasn't very clear.

BANNED

Feige and Marvel will use whomever they damn well please. They didn't care about repeated Hulk or Spiderman failures, they used who they wanted. What they did to compensate for past failures was introduce those characters in fresh ways so they felt disconnected from those past failures.

They'll use Jean or Cyke or Wolverine or or Storm or Nightcrawler or Magneto or anyone else if they so choose. They'll just find a fresh and fun way to introduce them so there is a clean break and audiences don't hold on to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Feige and Marvel will use whomever they damn well please. They didn't care about repeated Hulk or Spiderman failures, they used who they wanted. What they did to compensate for past failures was introduce those characters in fresh ways so they felt disconnected from those past failures.

They'll use Jean or Cyke or Wolverine or or Storm or Nightcrawler or Magneto or anyone else if they so choose. They'll just find a fresh and fun way to introduce them so there is a clean break and audiences don't hold on to the past.
    I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be so sure. You mention Spidey... Look how they have completely ditched his iconic supporting characters for new ones. No Harry, Gwen, Mary Jane(Zendaya's character is her in nothing but nickname). Flash is completely different. A Gamke rip-off is his best friend. Uncle Ben doesn't even get mentioned. For the villains they decided to go for obscure ones that never appeared in his other movies. They are doing everything they can to not as different as possible as the other two versions, including ditching the known cast. If anything MCU Spider-Man is a big red flag that the character Fox focused on are screwed.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be so sure. You mention Spidey... Look how they have completely ditched his iconic supporting characters for new ones. No Harry, Gwen, Mary Jane(Zendaya's character is her in nothing but nickname). Flash is completely different. A Gamke rip-off is his best friend. Uncle Ben doesn't even get mentioned. For the villains they decided to go for obscure ones that never appeared in his other movies. They are doing everything they can to not as different as possible as the other two versions, including ditching the known cast. If anything MCU Spider-Man is a big red flag that the character Fox focused on are screwed.
    You can't compare Harry or Gwen to someone like Cyclops, Storm or Wolverine, though. Also, it's possible they'll appear lately (Gwen being less likely).

899569.jpg

Oh hey. A classic, "core", bankable, marketable cast of X-Men.

I really can't see Feige ditching any of these 5 in favor of Psylocke, Bishop, or even Beast.

Though... I would drop Cyclops in favor of featuring him in one last F Yeah moment for the end credits scene.

BANNED

I guess I'd ask: What's wrong with different? Sure, the Vulture isn't in Spidey's top 5 villains....but was Keaton's Vulture a bad character? Would you have rather had a crotchety geezer just so that it was canon? I wouldn't! I loved this take on the Vulture and look forward to more of him. I'm bored with the canon version.

So that gets to what I've accepted: straight canon adaptations are not wise. To make good movies you have to diverge a bit so that they fit the story. What matters is do the characters on screen resonate with your attachment to them in the comics. Others will want their canon versions and that's fine, though I'd argue after all these years, retcons, different writers, etc. - does such a thing even exist? However, to make good movies I think it's best to accept that there will be differences. Judge it by how it resonates with you. I think that's what Feige and his crew do so well and it's why they won't care what Fox failed when they set their lineup.

BANNED

Sony still owns them.
    This is different situation. We don't even know if they could use them in this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Sony still owns them.
    This is different situation. We don't even know if they could use them in this movie.
    Sony is still making the stand-alone Spider-Man films, they're just set in the MCU. So any of them can be used.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sony is still making the stand-alone Spider-Man films, they're just set in the MCU. So any of them can be used.
    Both Marvel and Sony can use all spider man characters? Without any limits? etc

Are You absolutely sure that Sony gave all characters to Marvel?
    as far as i know the deal has never been publicly disclosed.

BANNED

Both Marvel and Sony can use all spider man characters? Without any limits? etc

Are You absolutely sure that Sony gave all characters to Marvel?
    as far as i know the deal has never been publicly disclosed.
    If Sony makes the movie, Sony can use whatever characters they have the rights to.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I guess I'd ask: What's wrong with different?
    Sorry that you made a whole argument, but... I just wanna see Jean Grey in the MCU and I'm worried Marvel is gonna ditch her because of Dark Phoenix. That's literally all lol.

Sony still owns them.
    Sony didn't let them use actual Mary Jane? C'mon. Gwen I could see them doing a Spider-Gwen movie, but there was never any announcement or rumor about that. It's obviously because of her role on the Andrew movies. AFAIK there's no Green Goblin being produced either. And they definetely did not make Marvel use Gamke, change Flash and not have Uncle Ben. The last one especially is obviously cause Marvel didn't wanna repeat things.