Page 20 of 325 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd expect the MCU versions to likely be black and tan rather than yellow. Yellow is a terrible color for anyone trying to be stealthy.
    Probably tan and dark blue with tan being predominant to honor wolverine colors while keeping the realistic aspect

BANNED

can we just not have Wolverine be a focus, like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    We talked about it somewhere.. maybe here.. I don't know. But I don't even think he should be involved in the first movie. And if he is... it's an easter egg or teaser after the credits.

BANNED

I've always liked Logan's brown costume better. And I'd just go black & tan, vs. some shade of blue. More of a stark contrast. Leave the deep, dark navy/midnight blue, for Cyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    All these costumes is making me think. so they put on costumes. Has there even been one story where costumes was the major plot point of the story and saved the day. how much did costumes contribute to great classics of DOFP, Second Coming and The Apocalypse Solution, Can these also be Disney movies? Rogue wearing colourful costumes never made any contribution to her been Rogue.

I much prefer if disney continues the excellent story telling of Logan. that is what makes X-men a Maverick and sets it apart from their marvel brothers. not colourful costumes. colourful costumes in films are just product placements. I want something of real substance like the Logan film was in 2017 that changed the way the world looked at comic films forever.

Apple and Netflix must enter the bid. they will surely favour more films like Logan that x-men needs over colourful costumes that contributes next to nothing to the films in the same way colourful costumes contributes next to nothing in x-men comics.

Disney can hire an actor to play Wolverine and he can wear that yellow costume but if he does not have the wonderful portrayal and depth Hugh Jackman brought to the character, he will be a bad Wolverine. As seen with Disney's Star Wars, just because you dress up as a Jedi does not make you a true or good jedi.
    Or, you know, the X-Men can just look like the X-Men. They will also get a proper characterization as a team which will be so, so nice.

I agree, he should be part of the team but just like each Avenger got their own excellent films I wouldn't be surprised if they start with an Xavier/Magneto and build up to something like they did from Iron Man --> Infinity War. That's if they do an MCU reboot. If they mesh the X-Men in with the current status quo - and this is what I'm hoping for - then we should see a fully mature team rise out of the unknown and resemble the X-Men from the pages.

I expect him to be the central character, I just want the other characters to get time too. Make me believe that Cyclops is on the same level as Wolverine in how capable they are so that the rivalry between them is actually a rivalry. Let us see why he is the field leader - which is because he is good at making plans on the fly. Put that on the screen and not just the dialogue. Show me Storm in charge of the splinter team (and being good at it!)when they have to split up for whatever reason. Let's see Jean's empathy, and her power, and some interactions between her and Scott that convince us they are a couple. Let's see the X-Men be competent instead of Wolverine's Uncanny sidekicks - which they should be able to do while still having a kickass Wolverine as well.

I don't get the Wolverine complaints, Wolverine being the focus was never what hurt the movies it was Fox blatant disrespect for X-men continuity and use of X-men as just a box of toys. The two best X Men movies imo are X2 and Days of the future past because they adapt X-men stories "God Loves Man Kills" and "Day of Future Past" fairly well ,they are Wolverine focused movies but when Wolvie isn't the focus in the movie the other X-men characters are used well story generally resemble the X-men we love.Wolverine is the only character in the franchise(and now deadpool) that has long successful solo runs,and is easily the most recognizable character in franchise. it is insane for them not use that asset as much as they can especially in the beginning. Wolverine is always going to get a lot of screen time just like Iron Man/Captain America or Batman/Superman would, they are iconic characters that appeal to people outside of the genre. It is what film does with other moments is the key and they flat out fail in X-men movies at that outside of Wolverine and Quicksilver really.

Now that Franchise is out of Fox hands it will see less horrible moments,Is Wolverine to blame for them writing Cyclops out of X-men 3 ? Is Wolverine to blame for first class not being Iceman,Beast, Angel, Jean, Grey and Cyclops? Is Wolverine to blame for a Mystique focus X-men Apocalypse? We had 2 non Wolverine centric movies in First Class and Apocalypse which focused on Magneto,Professor X and Mystique instead of well "the X-men". What needs to happen imo is that X-men needs to put its best foot forward in the MCU and that means Wolverine being a part of it. I would start with Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Professor X and have a strong flashback the original 5 somewhere in the movie.At the end of the movie I would have Professor X dead,Magneto badly wounded and Wolverine going off to do his solo thing in his movie(but available for cameos).

Putting the most recognizable and arguably the most popular character in front was not a bad decision. Wolverine is probably only X-men thing the movies got really right (which is amazing considering how bad origins was) and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is right there with RDJ Iron Man were you almost can't see the character without picturing the actor. Basically I am saying in movies that never put the 5 original X-men together, way too much focus on Magneto ,Mystique and Professor X, Had Juggernaut as mutant, Had someone calling themselves Callisto with zero in common with character, countless time pulled characters from continuity and put them in the wrong time Jubilee,Havok,Angel etc or just in the wrong place/team aka Darwin,Angel Salvadore, Belasco, Riptide, Pyro, Pyslocke(x-men 3)etc.. just to name a few were far bigger issues than Wolverine prominence in films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The opposite of what? That's a link to a google search, not even an article.
    https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/11/med...ner/index.html

Trump's lawyer said that Trump himself blocked the AT&T/Time Warner deal (until the court approved it). Granted Giuliani backtracked, but it was the allegations that Trump didn't want the deal to go through due to critical coverage from CNN that made the judge approve it.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/12/med...ing/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't get the Wolverine complaints, Wolverine being the focus was never what hurt the movies it was Fox blatant disrespect for X-men continuity and use of X-men as just a box of toys. The two best X Men movies imo are X2 and Days of the future past because they adapt X-men stories "God Loves Man Kills" and "Day of Future Past" fairly well ,they are Wolverine focused movies but when Wolvie isn't the focus in the movie the other X-men characters are used well story generally resemble the X-men we love.Wolverine is the only character in the franchise(and now deadpool) that has long successful solo runs,and is easily the most recognizable character in franchise. it is insane for them not use that asset as much as they can especially in the beginning. Wolverine is always going to get a lot of screen time just like Iron Man/Captain America or Batman/Superman would, they are iconic characters that appeal to people outside of the genre. It is what film does with other moments is the key and they flat out fail in X-men movies at that outside of Wolverine and Quicksilver really.

Now that Franchise is out of Fox hands it will see less horrible moments,Is Wolverine to blame for them writing Cyclops out of X-men 3 ? Is Wolverine to blame for first class not being Iceman,Beast, Angel, Jean, Grey and Cyclops? Is Wolverine to blame for a Mystique focus X-men Apocalypse? We had 2 non Wolverine centric movies in First Class and Apocalypse which focused on Magneto,Professor X and Mystique instead of well "the X-men". What needs to happen imo is that X-men needs to put its best foot forward in the MCU and that means Wolverine being a part of it. I would start with Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Professor X and have a strong flashback the original 5 somewhere in the movie.At the end of the movie I would have Professor X dead,Magneto badly wounded and Wolverine going off to do his solo thing in his movie(but available for cameos).

Putting the most recognizable and arguably the most popular character in front was not a bad decision. Wolverine is probably only X-men thing the movies got really right (which is amazing considering how bad origins was) and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is right there with RDJ Iron Man were you almost can't see the character without picturing the actor. Basically I am saying in movies that never put the 5 original X-men together, way too much focus on Magneto ,Mystique and Professor X, Had Juggernaut as mutant, Had someone calling themselves Callisto with zero in common with character, countless time pulled characters from continuity and put them in the wrong time Jubilee,Havok,Angel etc or just in the wrong place/team aka Darwin,Angel Salvadore, Belasco, Riptide, Pyro, Pyslocke(x-men 3)etc.. just to name a few were far bigger issues than Wolverine prominence in films.
    Well said, I agree. I just know that there are fans here that don't like popular heroes because they are popular, simply put. There isn't anything wrong with Wolverine's character, he's one of the most interesting in the Marvel universe honestly. People just get cranky when he's all over the place.

I think you'll agree though that something missing from the bad Fox movies is a sense of the X-Men as a whole. When you said just a box of toys I get it, Singer had a habit of just throwing an X-Man into the fray just to say 'look here fans I put so-and-so in a scene'! without really caring if he got it right at all.

So, in order for the MCU to rectify that, we'll need some really good spotlight on multiple characters, not just Wolverine. And I say that as a huge fan of Wolverine since I was introduced to him by Sam Keith in 91 or 92. Next to Rogue he's my favorite Marvel character.

So I mean, while I understand why some people here don't like the character (and there are some that don't like him for other reasons I won't go into here) I do think he is a very important part of the X-Men. He should get spotlight but not too much if we're going to have a successful X-Men team. It's my hope that he'll get his own spin-off for focus like Iron Man or Cap did but he shouldn't be the focus in an X-MEN movie, which is something Singer got wrong over and over and over.

Haha, saw this on reddit this morning. Was born in the early 80's and this is pretty great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Haha, saw this on reddit this morning. Was born in the early 80's and this is pretty great.

This could have been either really cool, or really, REALLY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This could have been either really cool, or really, REALLY bad.
    It's the 80's we're talking about, those outcomes are one in the same XD

Good but in reality this is who I think the team and casting would be

Now with budget concerns and technology ability the X-Men would be IMO:

Professor X: They would had wanted a name probably a golden age legend and Nimoy wasn't that big back then so I say Heston he had done strange Sci-Fi films and was even doing TV by then but he would had worn a Skull cap.

Wolverine: I like the Kirk Russell idea that could had happened so it's been him or Cruise or Willis post Die Hard.

Cyclops: The 80's was before Campbell's time more like Mark Harmon.

Nightcrawler: Agree with Johnny Depp.

Storm: Whitney Houston.

Jean Grey: I'll say Faye Grant.

Colossus: Powers would be too much of a pain and thus not in the film IMO same with most other X-MEN and Beast they'd probably think one blue guy is enough with Nightcrawler.

Now they'd probably slightly merge the Hellfire Club and Brotherhood with

Magneto: Possibly Kirk Douglas.

Toad: Jim Carrey wasn't a star yet in the 80's his biggest role was Once Bitten back then I believe so I say for thr classic ugly short yes man of Magneto I'll go with Michael J. Pollard.

Mastermind: Timothy Dalton.

Sebastian Shaw: Sean Connery.

Emma Frost: Kim Basinger.

Pierce: Sting and his cybernetic parts would only be shown once in a FX money shot.

This is what I think a 80's Hollywood X-MEN would look like anyone else got any ideas?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 07-16-2018 at 01:52 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

David Bowie as Donald Pierce.

Prince as Nightcrawler.