Page 205 of 325 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Fox gave plenty of Focus to Xavier, Magneto, Deadpool and Mystique as well. I will admit the MCU has been able to highlight more than 5 characters but they also have had the luxury of having Disney backing them and with that came a lot more money than Fox could have ever hoped for, in turn that means they were able to make way more movies even though they started 8 years later. I would also say Tony Stark was a the sun that the MCU revolved around until Endgame. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but the guy was around a lot.
    Disney bought Marvel Studios and invested in more and more productions because MCU movies were public and critic successful. Not the other way around.
    And the hardest way, because they made it with characters no one used to know like Iron-man, Ant-man, Doctor Strange or the Guardians of Galaxy.

Fox had the number 1 comic book franchise, with lot's of well know characters and the best source material available. And they failed.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Disney bought Marvel Studios and invested in more and more productions because MCU movies were public and critic successful. Not the other way around.
    And the hardest way, because they made it with characters no one used to know like Iron-man, Ant-man, Doctor Strange or the Guardians of Galaxy.
    You're right and it worries me.

I feel like one of the reasons of the MCU success is that all the characters were unkown, something new to the public while previously successfull characters like Batman and Superman have struggled because the public already knows them. The MCU presented "new" characters on a super long connected story that spamed an entire universe.

The X-men aren't new anymore people already know them, badly but they know them, the connected universe thing was already done and didn't even work for other characters (like in DC's case)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-16-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're right and it worries me.

I feel like one of the reasons of the MCU success is that all the characters were unkown, something new to the public while previoulsy successfull characters like Batman and Superman have struggled because the public already knows them. The MCU presented "new" characters on a super long connected story that spamed an entire universe.

The X-men aren't new anymore people already know them, badly but they know them, the connected universe thing was already done and didn't even work for other characters (like in DC's case)
    I don't see it as a problem.

Superman, Batman and the X-men are failing because of bad movies.

Look at Spiderman.
    Sony's reboot with Andrew Garfield had a bad response.
    But MCU's reboot is breaking records and Spiderverse was a hit last year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Disney backing the MCU is not an excuse. Fox is not some small company. They had 20 years to focus on other characters and they never did. Xavier, magneto, Deadpool, and Mystique are not characters that I want X-Men movies to be about. Tony was definitely front and center but I feel like I know more about rocket and groot than I do about storm and cyclops.
    I feel like I can't even remember what Storm did in Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The movie or the original text? Storm is not an essential character in either story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The movie or the original text? Storm is not an essential character in either story.
    Uh, the movie?

Uh, the movie?
    She made ice a few times, demanded to be part of the teams, suggested killing Jean, and flew outside of a train everyone else was fighting inside of.

Astonishing Member

She made ice a few times, demanded to be part of the teams, suggested killing Jean, and flew outside of a train everyone else was fighting inside of.
    The MCU wishes that could make a Storm this good.

Made some ice cubes, shot lighting, had a horrible accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Made some ice cubes, shot lighting, had a horrible accent.
    But do you know what happens to a Toad when it is struck by lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Fox had the number 1 comic book franchise, with lot's of well know characters and the best source material available. And they failed.
    Marvel had the fortune of seeing what worked for Fox and adding to it. I’ll leave it at this, I’m just looking forward to more X-Men stories on the big screen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

All this because if the buyout and Perlmutter losing power. We could be living with a timeline where X Men comics were replaced by the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    All this because if the buyout and Perlmutter losing power. We could be living with a timeline where X Men comics were replaced by the Inhumans.
    I'm actually shocked they greenlit AoS another season given its thick layer of Inhuman mythology.

I'm actually shocked they greenlit AoS another season given its thick layer of Inhuman mythology.
    It isn't as bad as the actual Inhumans show at least

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It isn't as bad as the actual Inhumans show at least
    Yeah I was sure the stink from that show would bleed back onto AoS. Then they purged all the Inhumans except Sky and Yo-Yo, guested Ghost Rider, Madalena, went to a Kree-colony future, and made a Graviton out of Nathan Petrelli just to wash themselves clean.