Page 21 of 325 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Comcast unlikely to continue it's bidding war to acquire Fox from Disney in favour of Sky according to CNBC

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...isney-for-fox/
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    David Bowie as Donald Pierce.

Prince as Nightcrawler.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bowie and Prince are corpses. That post was meant for the 80s poster. Stay woke.
    Saw the poster and thought why not have a little fun with it by the way good choices especially Prince great choice flew right over my head.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Saw the poster and thought why not have a little fun with it by the way good choices especially Prince great choice flew right over my head.
    I have no idea why he was my first choice for Kurt. I saw Pierce in one of the Australian issues and he totally looks like Bowie

Jesus did Walt Disney shoot your puppy? I mean seriously you take something as fun as casting an X-Men film in the 80's and you have to try and turn it into a Anti-Disney rant.
    Maybe he thinks this is real and not a parody?

Good but in reality this is who I think the team and casting would be

Now with budget concerns and technology ability the X-Men would be IMO:

Professor X: They would had wanted a name probably a golden age legend and Nimoy wasn't that big back then so I say Heston he had done strange Sci-Fi films and was even doing TV by them but he would had worn a Skull cap.

Wolverine: I like the Kirk Russell idea that could bad happened so it's been him or Cruise or Willis post Die Hard.

Cyclops: The 80's was before Campbell's time more like Mark Harmon.

Nightcrawler: Agree with Johnny Depp.

Storm: Whitney Houston.

Jean Grey: I'll say Faye Grant.

Colossus: Powers would be too much of a pain and thus not in the film IMO same with most other X-MEN and Beast they'd probably think one blue guy is enough with Nightcrawler.

Now they'd probably slightly merge the Hellfire Club and Brotherhood with

Magneto: Possibly Kirk Douglas.

Toad: Jim Carrey wasn't a star yet in the 80's his biggest role was Once Bitten back then I believe so I say for thr classic ugly short yes man of Magneto I'll go with Michael J. Pollard.

Mastermind: Timothy Dalton.

Sebastian Shaw: Sean Connery.

Emma Frost: Kim Basinger.

Pierce: Sting and his cybernetic parts would only be shown once in a FX money shot.

This is what I think a 80's Hollywood X-MEN would look like anyone else got any ideas?
    That's actually pretty great. Anyone remember the old Casting Call by Wizard mag from the early 90's? Danzig as Wolverine was cracking me up

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-16-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    So close!
    Hell yeah, and to anyone that liked the fox movies, you've got 17 years of wolverine and freind movie catalog to enjoy

Listen I have zero patience for starting up the MCU vs Fox movie debate again. If I have to go through and delete a bunch of posts again I'll just close the thread.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Right! Let's have a laugh then. I think they may need to reboot something before bringing in our beloved badasses...

That was totally just for a laugh, we all know Tony would have altered his armor if he was aware of a super-villain that could control metal running around. We all know Cap wouldn't chuck a metal shield at Mags, and that Thanos wouldn't have an alien dwarf build him a metal device to hold the most powerful artifacts in the universe. If the MCU was aware of mutants, it would all have been done differently.

We also know that RDJ and some others' contracts are running out and the actors are aging. Who's prepared for an MCU reboot? With Ms. Marvel coming out and MCU phase 4 kicking off it may be a while before that happens. Whew, I'm glad I'm not a writer for this stuff, I'd run Marvel Studios into the ground trying to think of a way to bring in the X-Men to the MCU status quo. I think I'll just be the nerdy fan in the audience throwing popcorn at his face with a raging...uhh, profound level of excitement once we see them on screen again backed by Marvel frikken Studios. Aww yisss.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I can't wait for this reboot
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Caught X-Men (2000) on TV and it's almost quaint how short and fast moving the story of the film is compared to today's comic book films which can push 2 1/2 to 3 hours long with extended cuts.

Caught X-Men (2000) on TV and it's almost quaint how short and fast moving the story of the film is compared to today's comic book films which can push 2 1/2 to 3 hours long with extended cuts.
    It was a long, long time ago seems like...