Page 213 of 325 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I can promise you that's wasn't the take away for most. Speak for yourself and i'm not saying it was Dark City or Terminator. But it wasn't just a silly popcorn flick.
    What stopped it from been Terminator or Dark City is the modern disney filmmaking era of silly popcorn flicks. The one sore spot of X-Men joining the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL. I never claimed Endgame made any of that.
    That pretty much sums up movies that actually have staying power. Avengers movies are barely acknowledged as serious movies. I think the staying power would be different.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    What stopped it from been Terminator or Dark City is the modern disney filmmaking era of silly popcorn flicks. The one sore spot of X-Men joining the MCU.

That pretty much sums up movies that actually have staying power. Avengers movies are barely acknowledged as serious movies. I think the staying power would be different.
    Disney films although popular, is not considered good films. In recent years Disney films don’t stand the test of time. They do big box office, but are soon forgotten. They are kid friendly movies with empty calories. They taste good on the first watch it, but on the second watch it leave a bad after taste.
    I can’t say that about pre-Disney MCU and FoX-Men, I can rewatch them without a problem.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-25-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Whoa, a lot of Disney hate up in these forums. I'll just say to each their own.

I personally think that Disney has great talent, are true to form, and their marketing is on point. Disney films have always been all ages, which I feel is actually a much more difficult thing to achieve. It's also funny that many people have the stigma that the classic Disney animated features were made for kids, but they were made entirely for adults and is more about art than it is about anything else.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

It's not Disney fault that FoX-men movies suck.
    Just saying...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Just saying...
    but what if it IS Disney's fault?

Roll-Safe-1485964928-compressed.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Hahahaha. Oh, my gosh.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Just saying...
    40% of F0X-Men sucks. 80% of Disney movies sucks as much as fox-men. Fox-men was uneven, Disney is constantly juvenile.

I personally think that Disney has great talent, are true to form, and their marketing is on point. Disney films have always been all ages, which I feel is actually a much more difficult thing to achieve.
    All ages is the same as ''kid-friendly'' Its the easiest to achieve. you don't have to think or care about if you are going to upset or end up with a controversial movie. Fat thor is kid friendly, the non kid friendly fat thor is future Gohan. Obviously The history of trunks would never air on Disney XD, its not ''kid friendly'' enough for Disney.

It's also funny that many people have the stigma that the classic Disney animated features were made for kids, but they were made entirely for adults and [
    is more about art than it is about anything else.
    Is more about money than art today.

The classic disney animated movies were quite controversial, it almost bankrupted Disney in the 90s and late 50s.

BANNED

No one is hating on Disney, they are the smartest studio around today. They do a great job in marketing, but because their movies are more kid friendly, they have the tendency of being forgettable. For me it’s hard to rewatch them and feel satisfied. I can rewatch pre- Disney MCU and pre-Disney Star Wars and still love it. But the Disney control MCU and SW, is not a good rewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post

I personally think that Disney has great talent, are true to form, and their marketing is on point. Disney films have always been all ages, which I feel is actually a much more difficult thing to achieve. It's also funny that many people have the stigma that the classic Disney animated features were made for kids, but they were made entirely for adults and is more about art than it is about anything else.
    Yeah, I don't get it, either. They've always made good stuff, bad stuff, high art, and cash grabs (sometimes at the same time). That's the past, present, and future for them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

All I'm saying is that I don't like Disney's version of Spider-Man, Thor and Hulk one bit, and I worry about what they'll do to the X-Men. Do I really need a joke every 2 minutes smashed on top of my head as they talk about the mutant storyline? Ehhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    40% of F0X-Men sucks. 80% of Disney movies sucks as much as fox-men. Fox-men was uneven, Disney is constantly juvenile.

All ages is the same as ''kid-friendly'' Its the easiest to achieve. you don't have to think or care about if you are going to upset or end up with a controversial movie. Fat thor is kid friendly, the non kid friendly fat thor is future Gohan. Obviously The history of trunks would never air on Disney XD, its not ''kid friendly'' enough for Disney.

Is more about money than art today.

The classic disney animated movies were quite controversial, it almost bankrupted Disney in the 90s and late 50s.
    I thought 100% of Fox men movies sucked though but all that matters is it's over. Disney is doing better than ever and i'd rather give my money to disney over fox anyday if i i had to. the lesser f two evils. And now with Orville going to hulu to i can cut al ties with fox. yay.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought 100% of Fox men movies sucked though but all that matters is it's over. .
    100% of the fox men movies sucks only when you use the ideology of everything not in the MCU sucks. its a failed ideology, that has been proven many times over. Objective filmmaking gives Fox a 40% suck range. For Disney, they have an 80% suck range.

Disney is doing better than ever and i'd rather give my money to disney over fox anyday if i i had to. the lesser f two evils. And now with Orville going to hulu to i can cut al ties with fox. yay
    Lesser of two evils is too harsh. Disney's problems were bigger to solve.

For, Disney you have to change the entire structure, throw away their juvenile formula that sucks. the juvenile formula that has completely stopped Endgame for becoming one of the best time travel dystopian films, something DOFP did with ease.

For Fox, just don't hire hacks to write and direct X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    All I'm saying is that I don't like Disney's version of Spider-Man, Thor and Hulk one bit, and I worry about what they'll do to the X-Men. Do I really need a joke every 2 minutes smashed on top of my head as they talk about the mutant storyline? Ehhhhhhh.
    Spiderman, Thor, Hulk are the new pixar characters.I have been told this many times. I just don't buy it. Spiderman and Hulk have too much live action history to know what we should expect.

Thor 1 is the most ''popular'' Thor movie. What sucked most about Thor 3 was the humor
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Disney films although popular, is not considered good films. In recent years Disney films don’t stand the test of time. They do big box office, but are soon forgotten. They are kid friendly movies with empty calories. They taste good on the first watch it, but on the second watch it leave a bad after taste.
    I can’t say that about pre-Disney MCU and FoX-Men, I can rewatch them without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it, either. They've always made good stuff, bad stuff, high art, and cash grabs (sometimes at the same time). That's the past, present, and future for them.
    good stuff: Live action tv shows about teenagers who were role models to kids. I don't know what is on now. I am obviously no longer a teen. In my teen years to early 20s My Disney generation was Lizzie Maguire, hannah Montana, camp rock, high school musical, That's so raven. I really don't know what is on in 2019, the market is no longer for me. all were good shows, it was balanced entertainment that I could watch teens drinking, having sex, fighting with their parents constantly on the OC or Dawson's Creek and watch teens behaving so good and well mannered on disney television.

20% of MCU movies fall in the good stuff. When MCU does not get formulaic.

bad stuff: Live action movies of animated classics, many of the MCU films, marvel cartoons.

high art: Pixar films and Disney animated movies

cash grab: all of the above.

X-Men falls in the cash grab bracket for Disney.